Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Old 04-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #91
Charlie D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthehat
I've spent years with the Brohammer and Sartin methodology -- taught me tons about pace, etc.

But surely, I have found much easier ways to figure pace and better than all the fancy dancy computer printouts and %E's you can muster.

It's overkill if you ask me. the simpler method I have devised and successfully used takes a fraction of the time, makes more sense, and is profitable. Now, many kudos to Brohammer, for if it wasnt for spending years with his method, I might not be able to so easily determine the pace of the race. My only comment is there are much Easier ways to do this.

Can you tell us this methodology.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Charlie D; 04-18-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2010, 04:15 AM   #92
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
All the works are from the Perco group.
Perco?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2010, 06:53 AM   #93
Trotman
Veteran

Right on PA I questioned just how much Fast knows.
PIRCO
Trotman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2010, 07:25 AM   #94
Trotman
Veteran

Ted great picture The Mount Rushmore of Handicapping
Old 04-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #95
46zilzal
velocitician

Pirco gone and the following company bit the dust as well.

TOO BAD

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (78.3 KB, 249 views)

Last edited by 46zilzal; 04-19-2010 at 12:29 PM.
46zilzal is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #96
Trotman
Veteran

46 you have no class what so ever, a lot of companies that are winding down their operation use the same route. How can anyone with sound mine get their jollies off at the expense of others. Bit the dust, Bite Me You Lowlife
Old 04-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #97
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotman
46 you have no class what so ever, a lot of companies that are winding down their operation use the same route. How can anyone with sound mine get their jollies off at the expense of others. Bit the dust, Bite Me You Lowlife
From your response, I'd assume you do not know the history of PIRCO or o'Henry House.

I really don't think zz was attempting to denegrate Howard Sartin or his two businesses.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #98
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotman
This kind of response was totally uncalled for...I would plead for people to THINK before they hit that SUBMIT REPLY button from now on...I can't take much more of this nastiness...it's become way too pervasive lately.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #99
Trotman
Veteran

PA duly noted
Old 04-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #100
upset

You pace cappers are as high strung as the horses you're trying to figure out. When you hotwalk a horse or just shedrow for whatever reason you have to be careful to not get to close to certain horses when you walk by their stall. Usually the studs. I remember this one horse "Winlocks Rabbit" his main goal in life was to hurt you. He wouldn't make a move unless he knew you were in range. To the centimeter. And if you hit that mark he'd lash out and bite your shoulder and not gentle either. He bite off one of the grooms ears

Last edited by upset; 04-19-2010 at 10:27 PM.
upset is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #101
46zilzal
velocitician

I walked hots a few years and there are a few who want a piece of your arm each time you walk by them.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #102
fast4522

OK folks, I admit to not spelling correctly and sometimes without my glasses. You have corrected my spelling. There was no magic in shutting down the poor sick old man. In effect everyone could use the groups information for programs for sale like so many are doing now, without any of it as a new. The book Modern Pace Handicapping is certainly not a basic work, it is the core. And while people will tell you advanced this or that, its just a attempt to garner standing from something that once was. The old programs never stopped working, the effort to operate them does not allow for shortcuts and is why the $1 files are just so so unless operated as they were intended.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #103
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
OK folks, I admit to not spelling correctly and sometimes without my glasses. You have corrected my spelling. There was no magic in shutting down the poor sick old man. In effect everyone could use the groups information for programs for sale like so many are doing now, without any of it as a new.
That belief is only held by those who have not kept up the idea of cooperative interaction from the on line Sartin groups. In the hands of many accomplished handicappers, specifics in the experiences of each, become new standards heretofore unknown to all. Only those weak in intuition and imagination EVER think all has been discovered...Reminds me of the clowns that wanted to close the U.S. Patent office in the late 1890's with the comment, "Well everything has been invented hasn't it?"

The DAMON RUNYON angle, style over substance angle, classical going off form approach, numerical correlates to three year olds telling you they have reached their distance limits, better use of the long shot detector to eliminate false late movers, Triple Crown profiles, e/l track profiles, e/l relativity, tracks that transfer too fast or too slow (Philly to Aqueduct is a classic one amongst many)...the list is growing all the time as the many using the programs inform others what they are finding........

Even a study that is limited, like anatomy for example,, ALWAYS has new ways of seeing things.

A closed mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #104
fast4522

The point I made is that the book is not a basic work, your psycho babel is nothing new, if it be politics or horses. Your logic is that your way is the only way. Why has PA had to ask those who cut you well in words to think first before submit reply? Or ask you to chill, could it be obsessive compulsive disorder looking for conflict? Go ahead, now your good for another 600 words.

Last edited by fast4522; 04-20-2010 at 04:43 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #105
46zilzal
velocitician

The point was, and is, that when people of differing backgrounds and experience continue to communicate on a common locus, there is no limit to the new things they can discover and impart to one another keeping alive the spirit of discover and revolution that Howard Sartin started many years ago....

Ideas are only put out to pasture when one's mind closes down and never challenges the status quo.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 04-20-2010 at 04:47 PM.
46zilzal is online now   Reply With Quote Reply