Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
judd

derby upsets

with todays results--looks like kentucky derby will tough to find the correct
long shot
judd is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Cat Thief

Well I am a longshot player but I have to be realistic. Tbere have been derbies (a couple I can recall immediately) where I just knew not to waste my money looking for a longshot ... Smarty Jones ... Big Brown. Did not think those 2 could lose. Now we have Eskendereya and Lookin at Lucky and to me they look very very good
Cat Thief is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
upset

yeah I thought Big brown could lose! He only had run 4 or so races and drew the outside post. I didn't think Point given, Holy Bull, Arizi or Easy Goer could lose but they all did. Smary Jones? A PA bred. Please I lost my ass on that race.
upset is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #4
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by upset
Please I lost my ass on that race.
Oh, I'll bet you still have one......
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
upset

your right
Old 04-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
sandpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by upset
yeah I thought Big brown could lose! He only had run 4 or so races and drew the outside post. I didn't think Point given, Holy Bull, Arizi or Easy Goer could lose but they all did. Smary Jones? A PA bred. Please I lost my ass on that race.
Big Brown's competition was so bad it made it easier on him coming from the 20 hole...gotta agree with you on Point Given and Easy Goer (at least until the weather came up bad). Arazi might have been the worst Derby favorite ever, especially at 4-5. He had made only 1 start, at a mile on the grass, since his tremendous BC win. Smarty was an undefeated Derby favorite who had trained phenomenally at CD; best looking horse I had seen working there since Silver Charm...Barbaro also fit the great worker profile, btw.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
upset

With arizi we were all still in awe of the biggest run in a BC race. If i remember correctly that BC was held at Churchill so everyone thought he'd repeat. Indian Charlie was rhe weakeat Derby favorite i've seen. He was 3-0 MSW nw1alw and a stake win, I guess he was made the favoite by default like when every horse in a maiden looks like crap so you bet the first time starter just because it doesn't have any knocks against it. Carismatic won out of the Lexington that year with the highest speed figure then the next year War Emblem won with the top figure and Beyer didn't go with either horse.