Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:43 PM   #721
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by completebill
Greg----Your new program looks very impressive. I'll be a buyer and a user when you get smart and start using HDW data files instead of BRIS. So far superior that you won't believe the difference. NOTE that ALL the major players are now using HDW files.
I'm sure you're right bill....but most of my customers (and myself included) aren't major players. We're just looking for a little handicapping help and to save some time (and the expense of buying "racing forms" everyday)....and if we can show a profit--all the better.

I've always done fine with Bris data files. Has anyone wondered---why it says "PROPRIETARY DATA OF THE EQUIBASE CORP" yet you buy them from the BRISNET CORP....with a .DRF extension?

One of the mysteries of life.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:57 PM   #722
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
I'm sure you're right bill....but most of my customers (and myself included) aren't major players. We're just looking for a little handicapping help and to save some time (and the expense of buying "racing forms" everyday)....and if we can show a profit--all the better.

I've always done fine with Bris data files. Has anyone wondered---why it says "PROPRIETARY DATA OF THE EQUIBASE CORP" yet you buy them from the BRISNET CORP....with a .DRF extension?

One of the mysteries of life.
I could be wrong, but all past performances emanate from Equibase result charts. The only thing different is the proprietary features, such as the DRF variant, Beyer Speed Figures, Bris pace figures, etc. Everyone uses the exact same past performance lines and calls. Again, I could be wrong, but if HDW files would worked better in your Paceview Program, my programs, or any handicapping program...the only way that could happen, I believe, is if HDW has a better track variant.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:54 PM   #723
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

People seem to be expecting too much from a program that costs $35.

The program could be rewritten to use JCapper files, but that would be a major programming expense, and how many more people would buy it? 10? 20? $700 probably won't cover the programmer's fees.

Another idea would be to have proprietary files that are similar to JCapper Silver, but different in some substantial way (perhaps with different EPS designations). That way, Greg could get a monthly income from the program from HDW royalties. How many people would pay $90 or $100 per month for files that could be used in PaceView and perhaps programs that accept JCapper files? 10?

It just isn't worth it for what can be had. Software is a tough sell nowadays. And Pace View is seriously under-priced as it is.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:26 PM   #724
Tor Ekman

Another E1/E2 on the lead winner courtesy of NCG's Pace View . . . in the 8th at Belmont, My Sweet Girl, full of run paid a very sweet $31.60 to win . . . all you haters, keep hating
Old 07-02-2016, 07:11 PM   #725
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

This is the SPEED PLAY Tor is referring to...have to wonder what the "experts" at Belmont are looking at. This spot play is so obvious, and yet the horse pays over $30.00. Early speed isn't well-respected on turf as much as dirt--that may explain part of it.

You can find this play easier, but you don't have to have Pace View to find it. Look for a horse with an E-1 and E-2 3+ point adv ...within 2 lengths of lead 1st call last--(to "verify" his pace figs)--recent activity--then look for a price.

I came up with something in addition called EARLY POWER--one look at MY SWEET GIRL'S Early Power Advantage, plus her 20-1 ML was enough for me.

Whether you buy Pace View or not--remember this "Speed Play". It will serve you well throughout your horseplaying career.

-NCG

Attached Images
File Type: jpg BELMONT 8.jpg (136.0 KB, 221 views)
Old 07-02-2016, 08:30 PM   #726
Tor Ekman

Greg - In your screen shot you have the full across the board display, which I can't get to show on my computer. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, since the Pace View software is awesome, but is there a trick that gets it to show the full across the board display?
Old 07-02-2016, 08:58 PM   #727
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
Greg - In your screen shot you have the full across the board display, which I can't get to show on my computer. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, since the Pace View software is awesome, but is there a trick that gets it to show the full across the board display?
I sent you in E-mail Tor Sorry about that.

I know the spot play "BAD/GOOD" doesn't get a lot of action--but what longshot method does? Do you really want a ton of plays at 15-1 go down the tubes day after day?

Like any other longshot method---this one is intended to be an "extra" method, to be played when the time is right, and the price is right. BTW...our BEST BET ran 2nd

Attached Images
File Type: jpg BAD_GOOD CBY5TH.JPG (115.7 KB, 209 views)
Old 07-02-2016, 09:12 PM   #728
Tor Ekman

Quote:
I sent you in E-mail Tor Sorry about that.
Didn't get email. Please re-send. Thanks
Old 07-02-2016, 09:25 PM   #729
Tor Ekman

Got it. Thanks
Old 07-03-2016, 01:37 PM   #730
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Let's see if can bring home a winner or two today

BELMONT

8TH MACAGONE 6-1

ALBUQUERQUE

8TH DAN THE CON MAN 5-1

10TH MAGGIES GUY 8-1

BELTERRA

7TH WALDO 6-1

CANTERBURY

7TH DUTY PROPER 6-1

good luck

-NCG
Old 07-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #731
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
10TH MAGGIES GUY 8-1

-NCG
Rootin' for ya.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 07-03-2016, 02:52 PM   #732
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

let's see if I can get one to actually RUN today

Quote:
Let's see if can bring home a winner or two today

BELMONT

8TH MACAGONE 6-1-SCRATCHED

ALBUQUERQUE

8TH DAN THE CON MAN 5-1

10TH MAGGIES GUY 8-1

BELTERRA

7TH WALDO 6-1

CANTERBURY

7TH DUTY PROPER 6-1
-SCRATCHED

good luck

-NCG
2 down--3 left
Old 07-03-2016, 08:19 PM   #733
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Hear the BB's were on fire @ Belmont today.

Here was yet ANOTHER E-1 E-2 SPEED PLAY the experts missed--but Pace View didn't--this time it was DAN THE CON MAN @ ALBUQUERQUE --

I actually posted this one this morning--'DAN paid $23.20--my other two selections ran 2nd

Attached Images
File Type: jpg alb speed3.jpg (290.0 KB, 154 views)
Old 07-03-2016, 08:26 PM   #734
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
...--my other two selections ran 2nd
Give yourself more credit for one of them. La Swift at a hair over even money was all, all-out to nip Maggie's Guy at 6-1 on the wire. Take Eikleberry off the winner and replace with him anyone in the colony and you had another $15+ winner.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 07-04-2016, 03:00 AM   #735
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

For the Fourth of July:

Code:
AP    2    2   Run Fort Run
ARP   9    9   Classical Hy
DEL   3    5   Sola Fide
DEL   6    7   Mirkamurka
SA    3    2   Sunday Rules
Happy hunting