Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-04-2007, 11:23 PM   #31
samyn on the green

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Piggy backing?.How so?..Why be critical of bettors who take advantage of what the track offers?..
Piggy backing? Give me a break.

This dime player dips into the super market
This little player plays from home
this little piggy had roast beef
this little piggy had none
that little piggy went "wee wee wee" at the dime players all the way home

samyn on the green is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2007, 01:37 AM   #32
Greyfox

So What's the Impact of the Dime Bet?

I can't blame anyone who takes advantage of what a track offers.
I just happen to see it as "piggy backing."

Two concerns:
1. Does the dime bet have a downward influence on the average supertris?
And if so, how much? My guess is that it has to.
2. What is the experience of tracks that have ventured into this dime pool stuff? My guess is that tracks wouldn't offer the dime bets unless they are increasing their overall take. Nevertheless, this increased take does not mean more for the dollar bettor and likely less. Yet the dollar players likely contribute to the bulk of the pools.

Without the dimers, the supertris can often pay quite well, even though I seldom play them. In the long run if it makes more bettors happy and interested in horse racing so be it. As I said I seldom make the play. In the meanwhile, I see the dollar boys getting the short end of the stick here in lower payouts. And as an earlier poster advised, maybe the shrewd player plays the dime game instead of the dollar plays. So in the long run maybe the dollar super tri players wise up and decrease their input into the pools.
Why not?
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2007, 05:42 AM   #33
MikeDee

GF in response to your questions IMO:

I don't know how one could say one way or the other. My assumption is that the general public that bets the dimes will more or less bet the same way as those that bet bucks with the exception being that they might cover more combinations. The only thing that the buck player has less of is cashing the tickets that pay on 3 out of 4.

I would think that the dime wager brings more "dumb" money into the super pools as unsophisticated bettors take a fling at a lottery type bet.

There are over 40 tracks that now offer the dime bet and the list grows each year. Since the number of tacks with the wager is growing my take is the tracks experience with the wager is good.

If anyone is still boycotting tracks that offer the dime, they are running out of tracks to play.

I would expect that the serious buck players have already converted to making dime bets. Once you accept the dimes' existence the reality is that you can now bet any domination in 10 cent increments. If the smart player wants to bet a buck he bets the dime 10 times. Unless of course it is important to his ego to go the the signer window and get that W2 when he hits one.

In conclusion the dime super is here to stay the buck purists will just have to get over it.
MikeDee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply