Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #16
Stillriledup
Veteran

Blame is a forgettable horse who will be whisked off to stud and 'glorified'. They won't tell you about his unsoundness and bad feet, they'll tell you that breeding to him is the bomb.

Blame isn't in anyone's top 100 horses of all time list, a few years from now people will be asking "who's that horse who got destroyed by Haynesfield at Belmont in early October 2010?"

"What's his name again?"
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Blame is a forgettable horse who will be whisked off to stud and 'glorified'. They won't tell you about his unsoundness and bad feet, they'll tell you that breeding to him is the bomb.

Blame isn't in anyone's top 100 horses of all time list, a few years from now people will be asking "who's that horse who got destroyed by Haynesfield at Belmont in early October 2010?"

"What's his name again?"
You are getting more irrational with every post. Unsoundness and bad feet? I guess I missed that one...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #18
tucker6

Quote:

"What's his name again?"
What is with you lately?? You make absurd statements about Zenyatta and HOY, and now this. Calm the hell down. I used to think you were a rational poster, but you've become a mockery of yourself. If your intent is to embarrass yourself, you've succeeded. Now STOP!! Jesus
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #19
WinterTriangle

I'm sure it was owners decision, "he beat Zenyatta, a memorable name, let's get him to the shed while the gettin's good."

He's run 100% ITM in his 13 races, and he's been a monster in '09 and '10.

Some horses are not the same after running a few "big ones", why tempt fate. His stud fee would plummet if he came back and lost the next two.

Stall is a good trainer, but he's not Freddie Head.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #20
NTamm1215

Quote:

"What's his name again?"
Do you bet on horse racing? If not, please start. If you do, bet more.
NTamm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #21
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

"What's his name again?"
I picture you pacing the floor with a picture of Zenyatta hanging out of your hip pocket and then madly rushing to the computer to research other "greats" while simultaneously refreshing your browser to check the threads on Z and then furtively writing posts like the above.........

give it a break....you are embarrassing yourself
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #22
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I picture you pacing the floor with a picture of Zenyatta hanging out of your hip pocket and then madly rushing to the computer to research other "greats" while simultaneously refreshing your browser to check the threads on Z and then furtively writing posts like the above.........

give it a break....you are embarrassing yourself
I look at it differently.

When a poster gets to this point, I think, "Keep going! Keep going!"

It's one of the beauties of PA!
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #23
Steve R

Quote:

"What's his name again?"
I guess that puts Zenyatta in the proper prospective. All the hype about her greatness ends with a loss to a "forgettable horse". I guess she wasn't as good as I thought. I'll have to drop her down on my list of top horses.
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #24
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
I'm sure it was owners decision, "he beat Zenyatta, a memorable name, let's get him to the shed while the gettin's good."

He's run 100% ITM in his 13 races, and he's been a monster in '09 and '10.

Some horses are not the same after running a few "big ones", why tempt fate. His stud fee would plummet if he came back and lost the next two.

Stall is a good trainer, but he's not Freddie Head.
The salient point about Blame is that he is hardly a "monster," even in relative terms.

An efficient, winning horse, no doubt, but not a "monster."
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #25
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
The salient point about Blame is that he is hardly a "monster," even in relative terms.

An efficient, winning horse, no doubt, but not a "monster."
He is a monster! Only a monster would beat Zenny in her last race. Didn't he know he was supposed to let her win?
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #26
sandpit

Paolini, the 2002 Horse of the Year in Germany, ran in 23 straight G1 events on 4 continents, and if it wasn't for horrible trips in both his Arlington Million starts, he would and should have won the race twice.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #27
Robert Fischer
clean money

Blame is the type of stallion you WANT to breed to.

as a runner he could win when he got his setup, and he had enough stamina to run all the way to the wire.

He's not some sprinter mix.

Get the right mare and you have a chance at getting a classic division horse.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #28
RaceBookJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
You are getting more irrational with every post. Unsoundness and bad feet? I guess I missed that one...
Didnt you read, there was no way they could run him in the marathon
Old 11-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #29
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
Blame is the type of stallion you WANT to breed to.

as a runner he could win when he got his setup, and he had enough stamina to run all the way to the wire.

He's not some sprinter mix.

Get the right mare and you have a chance at getting a classic division horse.

And then you get another 5-6 race season.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:44 AM   #30
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenceBored
Only a monster would beat Zenny in her last race.
I was looking at his 5 race win streak, then that hiccup when Haynesfield won, which I don't really count against him (mostly because I had Haynesfield coming in last in the BC...don't think much of him).

I wasn't even thinking about the classic when I posted that.

Good try though.

It appears there are a lot of people, however, who think Blame is not "all that."
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: