Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #61
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Whatever happened to those signs that stores used to have displayed...where it said that they "reserve the right to refuse service" to anyone they chose?
Cell phone cameras and creative scams.

I wish I could tell the tale
Old 06-24-2018, 06:12 PM   #62
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
The manager didn’t ask them to leave, she simply called the cops after they declined to order.
And all they had to do when the cops got there was leave.
Make mountains out of molehill much?
Old 06-24-2018, 06:28 PM   #63
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
And all they had to do when the cops got there was leave. Make mountains out of molehill much?
Shouldn't you be asking that of the manager, oh profoundly stupid one?
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2018, 06:38 PM   #64
fast4522

Sarah Sanders asked to leave restaurant last night cuz she works for Trump

In reality they did her a favor not serving her special sauce.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2018, 07:42 PM   #65
classhandicapper

If you are a well known conservative you should probably not eat in any public establishment. The election of Trump and the left's inability to get rid of him has exposed levels of immaturity, intolerance, anger, hate, and mental illness that makes it too risky to eat anything that hasn't been prepared in front of you. It's obvious that way too many people on the left are sick enough to spit in, piss in, shit in, and poison the food.

This isn't even hyperbole.

If I was a conservative politician or political pundit there's absolutely no chance I would go out to eat anywhere unless I personally knew the chefs and workers. The left is utterly wacko at this stage.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:46 PM   #66
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
If you are a well known conservative you should probably not eat in any public establishment. The election of Trump and the left's inability to get rid of him has exposed levels of immaturity, intolerance, anger, hate, and mental illness that makes it too risky to eat anything that hasn't been prepared in front of you. It's obvious that way too many people on the left are sick enough to spit in, piss in, shit in, and poison the food.

If I was a conservative politician or political pundit there's absolutely no chance I would go out to eat anywhere unless I personally knew the chefs and workers. The left is utterly wacko at this stage.
Well stated! The left has become totally unhinged, which makes them dangerous to themselves and to society.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:48 PM   #67
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Should we refuse service to people trying to use food stamps, or Black people because we don't like them? Or democrats on general principals?

If I were Sara, I would sue the crap out of them.
If I were Trump, I would have the IRS take them down.

Oh, wait -the dems already did both before.

Of course she's obnoxious - she's dealing with the PRESS.
"From a legal point of view, a person can be asked to leave a privately owned establishment because of their political views. For example, In April, a judge in New York City dismissed a lawsuit by a Trump supporter who wore a "Make American Great Again" hat to a bar and was asked to leave."
-- From Fareed Zakaria

I believe using the IRS to harass a business is also illegal.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2018, 07:57 PM   #68
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
"From a legal point of view, a person can be asked to leave a privately owned establishment because of their political views. For example, In April, a judge in New York City dismissed a lawsuit by a Trump supporter who wore a "Make American Great Again" hat to a bar and was asked to leave."
-- From Fareed Zakaria

I believe using the IRS to harass a business is also illegal.
And how does a person's political ideology not constitute discrimination?
Old 06-24-2018, 07:58 PM   #69
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Well stated! The left has become totally unhinged, which makes them dangerous to themselves and to society.
"Dangerous to THEMSELVES"? Do you suppose that these "leftists" are unhinged enough to poison their OWN food?
Old 06-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #70
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post

Does it look as if Sarah Sanders has missed many meals?
Old 06-24-2018, 08:08 PM   #71
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And how does a person's political ideology not constitute discrimination?
Even if it is discrimination it is apparently allowed in privately owned businesses.

Not philosophically that different than the cake guy who wouldn't bake for the gay couple.

If I owned the restaurant I would have served her and not made a big deal about it. Only if the situation became dangerous or uncontrollable would I intervene.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-24-2018, 08:14 PM   #72
fast4522

Quote:
Does it look as if Sarah Sanders has missed many meals?
At some point people have to think, this person works hard for a living. And the next thought might be, this commie shit is not worth the effort.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:19 PM   #73
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
At some point people have to think, this person works hard for a living. And the next thought might be, this commie shit is not worth the effort.
Ahh, come on...it's all in good fun. When our conservative brethren here were calling Michelle Obama every vile name in the book, we were all having a good laugh...right?
Old 06-24-2018, 08:30 PM   #74
fast4522

Quote:
Ahh, come on...it's all in good fun. When our conservative brethren here were calling Michelle Obama every vile name in the book, we were all having a good laugh...right?
In reality I believe that your exaggerating a bit on that point. But seriously I was making a worthy point. It is much like hate because of the color of skin or something like that, it requires extra work per day.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:51 PM   #75
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
In reality I believe that your exaggerating a bit on that point. But seriously I was making a worthy point. It is much like hate because of the color of skin or something like that, it requires extra work per day.
You wanna know how I see it? These are public figures...and public figures should come equipped with a fair amount of thick skin. If they can dish it out...then they should be able to occasionally TAKE it, as well. This isn't "hate"; at the most, it's built up aggravation that occasionally spills out a little more widely than it should. SO WHAT? Tom lashes out against ALL the liberals here...and I haven't yet heard ONE righty accusing him of "hating".

When you accept a job in the public arena, and make it your business to address the public in any way that you see fit...then you are fair game, IMO. And it doesn't matter if your name is "Donald Trump", "Barack Obama", "Bill and Hillary Clinton"...or "Sarah Sanders". This isn't a "church"...it's an online chat-room...for heaven's sake. Aren't we allowed to have a little fun?

Last edited by thaskalos; 06-24-2018 at 08:54 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply