Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-21-2018, 12:47 PM   #511
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
He stated his opinion and they could subpoena him whenever they wanted, and will, if it comes to that. But why should this guy be forced to answer a zillion questions from the press?

You're just reaching.
i wish i could honestly say i was.....this is just another disgrace to all of us.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 12:51 PM   #512
letswastemoney

When it comes to politics, people will go to great lengths to manipulate and lie.

So of course there's a good chance this woman is lying. She might believe she's doing a heroic thing by accusing Kavanaugh.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 12:53 PM   #513
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
the part that i find very odd is the best friend of Kavanaugh. he says he didn't do it, yet he refuses to stick his right hand up and testify for his very best friend. i am sure many here would do anything for their best friends if it could save them somehow.

before this witness i was just brushing off this gal as being a koo-koo clock. now i highly doubt it.

i have a gut feeling that this guy is going down and he might blow his current bench job as well.
His letter sent to the committee has the same repercussions as if he testified under oath.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 12:58 PM   #514
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
That might be the case, but memories from 36 years ago?...How accurate can they be, in a drunken stupor?

Here's a personal experience of my memory accuracy:

Up until 5 years ago, I always thought of x-mas at my Grandparents with a certain magical quality, the beautiful tree with it's bubble lights, white flocked with tinsel, and a small train set running in a circle at the base of the tree. This memory has always put a smile on my face, up until 5 years ago, when a family reunion was held on the west coast.

My sister had in her possession an old reel from those years of x-masses past, and had that reel transferred to a DVD. She played it at our gathering, and with the x-mas scenes coming up, I was ready to feel that magical moment, when suddenly.....What happened to our Grandparent's X-mas tree? It was scrawny and green, not flocked white, then suddenly the scene shifted to my Great Aunt's X-mas gathering, and there was the TREE of my memories at HER home....I couldn't understand how my memory had transposed the two, but there was the evidence, plain to see....

From that moment on, I realized that my memory, which everyone says is incredibly sharp, had indeed made it's own version of a happy time, just transposed it from my great aunt, who I had mixed feelings about, to my grandparents, who I loved and respected very much.....You just never really know when that amount of time passes what truly transpired.
Apples and cucumbers. Where were you on 9/11? Where were you when you heard the news? I'd bet a fortune you know the answer. If you don't, you have a very faulty memory, which I don't believe is the case. Why am I convinced you would correctly remember where you were when 9/11 happened and equally confident what you posted above is true? Easy, traumatic events are seared into one's brain, while nostalgia/wishful thoughts of childhood memories with your grandparents are not. Therefore, if what she's saying is true, her memory of it would most likely be radically better than yours of a Christmas tree.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 01:03 PM   #515
boxcar

Quote:
That might be the case, but memories from 36 years ago?...How accurate can they be, in a drunken stupor?

Here's a personal experience of my memory accuracy:

Up until 5 years ago, I always thought of x-mas at my Grandparents with a certain magical quality, the beautiful tree with it's bubble lights, white flocked with tinsel, and a small train set running in a circle at the base of the tree. This memory has always put a smile on my face, up until 5 years ago, when a family reunion was held on the west coast.

My sister had in her possession an old reel from those years of x-masses past, and had that reel transferred to a DVD. She played it at our gathering, and with the x-mas scenes coming up, I was ready to feel that magical moment, when suddenly.....What happened to our Grandparent's X-mas tree? It was scrawny and green, not flocked white, then suddenly the scene shifted to my Great Aunt's X-mas gathering, and there was the TREE of my memories at HER home....I couldn't understand how my memory had transposed the two, but there was the evidence, plain to see....

From that moment on, I realized that my memory, which everyone says is incredibly sharp, had indeed made it's own version of a happy time, just transposed it from my great aunt, who I had mixed feelings about, to my grandparents, who I loved and respected very much.....You just never really know when that amount of time passes what truly transpired.
This is one of the very good reasons behind statute of limitations to most laws in all states.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:05 PM   #516
chadk66

The fact that she won't testify tells me everything I need to know. She doesn't want to lie to congress. Simple as that.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 01:06 PM   #517
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Apples and cucumbers. Where were you on 9/11? Where were you when you heard the news? I'd bet a fortune you know the answer. If you don't, you have a very faulty memory, which I don't believe is the case. Why am I convinced you would correctly remember where you were when 9/11 happened and equally confident what you posted above is true? Easy, traumatic events are seared into one's brain, while nostalgia/wishful thoughts of childhood memories with your grandparents are not. Therefore, if what she's saying is true, her memory of it would most likely be radically better than yours of a Christmas tree.
Point taken....but wasn't she in a drunken stupor 36 years ago?

Edit: Additional info from my post#447

WHY CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD’S HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOKS WERE SCRUBBED: Faculty Approved Racism, Binge Drinking and Promiscuity:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...s-and-elitism/

https://cultofthe1st.blogspot.com/20...ol_19.html?m=1

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 09-21-2018 at 01:13 PM.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 01:09 PM   #518
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
You should read this gals's yearbook that was unearthed It sounds like she could have been inebriated more than she was sober. It's no wonder at all she tried desperately to have past scrubbed!

And besides that, she was inebriated on the night (or day) of alleged crime. For your info, booze often impacts memory cells. This is why she's so unsure of what the facts really are. She's a wee bit fuzzy about the alleged attack.

You should follow your own advice about avoiding apples and cuke comparisons.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:12 PM   #519
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
The fact that she won't testify tells me everything I need to know. She doesn't want to lie to congress. Simple as that.
lets hold judgement to see who testifies and who doesn't.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 01:15 PM   #520
Burls
Veteran

Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #521
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

"Ford has alleged that Kavanaugh pinned her down and clumsily groped her during a prep school party when Ford, 15, was a sophomore and Kavanaugh, 17, a junior."

I heard he also played doctor with a classmate while in kindergarten...throw the bum out!

PS. Despite the infinitely MORE SERIOUS accusations made at Bill Clinton WHEN HE WAS AN ADULT, he's still revered by many if not most democrats...this is some funny ass shit.

I dare say the media outcry over this Judge is going to surpass that of Bill Clinton...in fact, I'm sure it already has...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-21-2018 at 01:20 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 01:19 PM   #522
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Point taken....but wasn't she in a drunken stupor 36 years ago?
Let's find out. Let's put her under oath and ask. Let's put Kav under oath and ask about his recollections. Let's put Judge under oath and ask. I don't know enough to have very strong opinion, but common sense tells me something is off with his story. If I didn't even know her, as he has asserted, I'd beg for an FBI interview on the matter. If I didn't even know her, I'd want the FBI to speak with my friend (Mr. Judge). Only one party wants these things to happen. Odd. We have a letter from Mr. Judge, but does that mean we can learn nothing from his testimony? You may say, "he doesn't know anything, so we would learn nothing." Fine. Kav says nothing happened, yet he needs to practice for potentially questioning on the matter. Odd. Again, common sense tells me she's one of the following: a) telling the truth, or b) it's a case of mistaken identity, which she refuted via her counsel last night. If your point is correct, perhaps "b" is true. I don't know.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:20 PM   #523
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
I certainly don't believe anything Lawrence O'Donnell says.

Last edited by letswastemoney; 09-21-2018 at 01:21 PM.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #524
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
"Ford has alleged that Kavanaugh pinned her down and clumsily groped her during a prep school party when Ford, 15, was a sophomore and Kavanaugh, 17, a junior."

I heard he also played doctor with a classmate while in kindergarten...throw the bum out!

PS. Despite the infinitely MORE SERIOUS accusations made at Bill Clinton WHEN HE WAS AN ADULT, he's still revered by many if not most democrats...this is some funny ass shit.
I absolutely agree with Juanita Broderick - the FBI (or a state-level investigative body) should look into her rape claims against Bill Clinton.

If you have a daughter, I hope she never ends up in a room with two teenage boys and one tries to rape her. Hey, when she tells you, you can just laugh at her. You're a class act, just like your two great heros - DJT and Rick Dutrow.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:22 PM   #525
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
lets hold judgement to see who testifies and who doesn't.
apparently she passed the deadline to submit certain info for Monday so she isn't testifying it appears.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: