Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-20-2018, 08:01 AM   #421
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconswitchfarm View Post
If I may paraphrase a former jackass in charge , if you want to reopen investigations then go out and win an election.
What does George W. Bush have to to with Clarence Thomas?

It was poppy Bush, one of the few repugs I liked
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 08:05 AM   #422
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
An obvious example, although it is also obvious they had no access to everything.

Trump was not a federal employee when the FBI did a background investigation on him.
The FBI should certainly investigate her, immediately! Trump or no Trump.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 08:10 AM   #423
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
"Not a political bone in her body"? Now the defense of this travesty is just getting stupid. Why did she scrub her lefty social media identities of any countervailing evidence? How can you spend your entire adult life in academia and "not have a political bone in her body"? In psychology, no less.

Any one who supports this nonsense is absolutely deplorable, in the true sense of the word, not the Hillary interpretation of it.
there are a lot of stories going on now about this whole incident.

if this guy is innocent, you will get an FBI investigation and the lady will speak. if there is some credence to this story, there will be no investigation. its pretty simple. they can get the investigation done and the guy voted in with plenty of time to go before the election.

if the investigation turns up to be a blank, it will kill the democrats chances of taking over the congress.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 09:07 AM   #424
woodtoo

Cult of the 1st Amendment

They have the Holton yearbook up at the blog. Pretty racy stuff for high school.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:09 AM   #425
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Drunken teens frolicking at a private party in a private home generally do not violated federal rules and regulations.
Yep.. "frolicking". Boys will be boys!

Quote:
Kavanaugh physically pushed me into a bedroom as I was headed for a bathroom up a short stair well from the living room. They locked the door and played loud music precluding any successful attempt to yell for help.

Kavanaugh was on top of me while laughing with REDACTED, who periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh. They both laughed as Kavanaugh tried to disrobe me in their highly inebriated state. With Kavanaugh’s hand over my mouth I feared he may inadvertently kill me.

From across the room a very drunken REDACTED said mixed words to Kavanaugh ranging from “go for it” to “stop.”

At one point when REDACTED jumped onto the bed the weight on me was substantial. The pile toppled, and the two scrapped with each other. After a few attempts to get away, I was able to take this opportune moment to get up and run across to a hallway bathroom. I locked the bathroom door behind me. Both loudly stumbled down the stairwell at which point other persons at the house were talking with them. I exited the bathroom, ran outside of the house and went home.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #426
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Sounds like she is late to her own party about 40 years too late.
But you believe word for word.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:19 AM   #427
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
there are a lot of stories going on now about this whole incident.

if this guy is innocent, you will get an FBI investigation and the lady will speak. if there is some credence to this story, there will be no investigation. its pretty simple. they can get the investigation done and the guy voted in with plenty of time to go before the election.

if the investigation turns up to be a blank, it will kill the democrats chances of taking over the congress.
They need to get him on before the next SC session starts which would be October 1.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:11 AM   #428
chadk66

He will be confirmed next week. You won't get an FBI investigation. This isn't their jurisdiction.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 11:15 AM   #429
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Christine's lawyer " Having my client testify under oath would be contrary to the purposes of discovering truth."
Dem logic.
Debra Katz represented Bill Clinton against allegations from Paula Jones, claiming a 12 minute incident does not constitute workplace sexual harassment. She also Defended Al Franken, saying context is important and was working as an entertainer.... hypocrisy runs deep with dims

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 11:25 AM   #430
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
I was being facetious because I have yet to see any evidence that this thing should be given any credence. Reposting the original accusation doesn't make it any more credible.

Reports are beginning to surface that the "event" might have happened, but the Kavanaugh was not the person involved. In other words, some other dude did it.

Even the far left WaPo has raised the issue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.2777c6b6b488

From Powerline:

Quote:
However, some publicly known facts tend to support the mistaken identity theory. I’m thinking of (1) Ford’s failure to remember such details as where the alleged attack took place, (2) Sen. Feinstein’s seeming unwillingness to treat Ford’s story as tight enough to push forward with for months, (3) Ford’s reluctance to testify publicly (or maybe even privately) before the Judiciary Committee, (4) the reported absence of Kavanaugh’s name in the notes of the psychologist with whom she discussed the alleged incident some years back, and (5) Patrick J. Smyth’s denial of Ford’s claim that he was at the party where the assault allegedly took place.

Lack of clarity by Ford about who really attacked her would tend to explain all of the above. I emphasize, however, that such lack of clarity is not the only possible explanation.
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...n-identity.php
Old 09-20-2018, 11:42 AM   #431
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
He will be confirmed next week. You won't get an FBI investigation. This isn't their jurisdiction.
Maybe he will be confirmed, but the FBI does background investigation on all nominees and appointments for a major federal position, in addition to criminal investigations.

And they often reopen an investigation if new information is uncovered

It is ABSOLUTELY their jurisdiction
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 11:52 AM   #432
Ocala Mike

I am thinking that this is, indeed, a case of mistaken identity. If so, and I were Kavanaugh, I'd be SCREAMING for an FBI investigation which Trump could order up in a heartbeat.

Wouldn't you want your name cleared once and for all if innocent?
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 12:05 PM   #433
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
I am thinking that this is, indeed, a case of mistaken identity. If so, and I were Kavanaugh, I'd be SCREAMING for an FBI investigation which Trump could order up in a heartbeat.

Number 1, Trump doesn't like his decisions questioned. He nominated Kavanaugh, and that should be all that it takes to make it so.

Number 2, the GOP doesn't want to make this an election issue in November, let alone lose it if the Dems take the Senate. They are under a strict deadline. Even if it just goes into mid October, Dems will be beating this drum mercilessly. Get it done this month, and voters will have other things to think about by November. An investigation would certainly draw it out, and might even dig up something else the Dems can use as further ammo.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #434
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post

Do you guys ever stop with your BS delaying tactics?....Give it a rest, a permanent one.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #435
Andy Asaro

Booker's push for Kavanaugh vote delay called out over his 1992 column detailing teenage groping

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: