Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 05-16-2016, 06:33 PM   #46
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
It sure won't come from Bautista, we know that.

Don't know if odor is going to be on a roster or not in 2017. What we do know is, odor didn't hide. Every jay had a chance to take him on and no one touched him. Whatever the jays try, they try. Ball is in their court .

Btw apparently Bautista has been a vag with the Orioles too, so he has a history of being a bitch, or at least an irritant. Nice to see her put in her place

No penis envy of the states eh? Go and post some more on US politics lol. You know you will. You can't keep away from it. Opinions on things you have no control of nor ability to vote on. yep no penis envy with you Canucks
Stay classy you University of Texas alum, errrrrrrrrrrrr, fanboy
Old 05-16-2016, 08:32 PM   #47
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Seriously though...

This is why i do not like the DH rule in the American League.
Their pitchers never have to come to the plate and face the prospect of a 95mph fastball to the midsection.

If you're gonna throw at someone then you should have to take your place at the plate also.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:39 PM   #48
MOG4023

Watching that game (Jays / Rangers) got me thinking about 10 cent beer night (1974) in Cleveland with the visiting Rangers. What an epic brawl / meltdown.
MOG4023 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2016, 09:31 PM   #49
ElKabong

Man I remember the Arlington version of that. It was disgraceful. Ten cent beer night was a nightmare and Cle really amped it up too. The drunken fans of the 70s and early 80s were hard to put up with.
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2016, 09:38 PM   #50
ElKabong

I think it was rookie that mentioned this episode was what was needed to get the jays MIA offense going. Nice call. Last I looked the mighty Tampa bay rays are up 11-1.

Do you boys know your baseball or what

Honestly when your slugger gets his ass beaten and humiliated like that, it can't sit well in the clubhouse. It'll take awhile for the shock to leave the room,but it will. Just a matter of time
Old 05-17-2016, 11:36 AM   #51
johnhannibalsmith

Don't like either of them so glad to see either get cracked in the mouth. Also glad to see a punch in baseball that looks like a punch in the movies and not a punch in baseball.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2016, 11:51 AM   #52
Tor Ekman

You can quibble over the timing of plunking Joey Bats, but at least the Rangers took care of business. I'm still waiting for my Mets to drill Chase f*cking Utley. For some reason it's in my team's DNA to take the high road and let other teams do dirt to them, just like when they had to wait forever to get a chance to drill Clemens (and then f*cked it up) instead of immediately taking care of business by drilling someone like Jeter in retaliation for the head shot on Piazza, pisses me off. Where's Ray Knight when you need him?
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2016, 11:51 AM   #53
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Odor will get challenged the same way too. I think he'll fare better than the bat tossing vagina tho...
You been hanging around Trump too much lately? Bat tossing vagina?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #54
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Don't like either of them so glad to see either get cracked in the mouth. Also glad to see a punch in baseball that looks like a punch in the movies and not a punch in baseball.
Brings to mind Casey's great quote when asked why he didn't leave dugout during a brawl: Baseball players look like girls when they fight, so I'm damn sure not going out there and look like an old lady
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2016, 01:25 PM   #55
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
You been hanging around Trump too much lately? Bat tossing vagina?
You betcha!

(I'm not running for President, so ...
Old 05-17-2016, 01:30 PM   #56
ElKabong

Interesting comments from one of the jays radio team. He said Bautista messed with the wrong guy, an account of the jays radio team is pasted down below.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texa...y-rougned-odor

Siddall: I think we have to look at that slide and say he clearly was trying to get even by getting hit by that pitch, but I think he messed with the wrong guy. Rougned Odor got up, confronted Bautista, gave him a shove and as soon as that shove came, Rougned Odor landed that right hook and that's when things escalated.

Howarth: So a push by Odor and then a punch by Odor into the the [left] eye area of Bautista. That was the big blow right there and you could tell that Jose was rocked by that.

Last edited by ElKabong; 05-17-2016 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:35 PM   #57
ElKabong

At least one Toronto columnist doesn't like Bautista (calls him out as a prima donna). Good to see media members from both towns be objective. Odor and Bautista are d-bags in their own particular ways.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texa...ugned-odor?f=r

He wrote:
"Odor didn't bother with subtleties. He didn't send a message that could have possibly been misinterpreted, like, oh, a pitcher who plunks a batter or a baserunner who takes out a middle infielder. He left no doubt about the intent of his actions and, refreshingly, he made his point like a hockey player would make his.

"He also gave Bautista exactly what the prima donna deserved.
"Hey, I like 'Joey Bats' the ball player. He's one of the best in the game. But quite often, by his actions and by his words, it sure looks and sounds like Bautista is all about Bautista.

"The incident that started the Jays-Rangers feud is only one example: The famous bat flip."

Last edited by ElKabong; 05-17-2016 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:22 AM   #58
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
At least one Toronto columnist doesn't like Bautista (calls him out as a prima donna). Good to see media members from both towns be objective. Odor and Bautista are d-bags in their own particular ways.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texa...ugned-odor?f=r

He wrote:
"Odor didn't bother with subtleties. He didn't send a message that could have possibly been misinterpreted, like, oh, a pitcher who plunks a batter or a baserunner who takes out a middle infielder. He left no doubt about the intent of his actions and, refreshingly, he made his point like a hockey player would make his.

"He also gave Bautista exactly what the prima donna deserved.
"Hey, I like 'Joey Bats' the ball player. He's one of the best in the game. But quite often, by his actions and by his words, it sure looks and sounds like Bautista is all about Bautista.

"The incident that started the Jays-Rangers feud is only one example: The famous bat flip."
Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this shite show, but your premise here us completely wrong. As in, to give you an analogy you can understand, a Houston Sports Reporter standing up for a bad ass player on the Cowboys! This guy wasn't from TO, rather Toronto's most intense rival in another Sport- Hockey.

On the suspensions themselves...

"TORONTO – If you’re trying to understand Major League Baseball’s logic – and feel free to use air quotes – behind its disciplinary process in the suspensions and fines levied against the Toronto Blue Jays and Texas Rangers for their weekend brawl, it goes something like this:

As I predicted (10 games) that little weasel Odour got close to what he deserved.

"• Rougned Odor gets eight games for fighting and punching Jose Bautista, viewed as a relatively stiff penalty within the sport’s standards. The low throw the second baseman made at the all-star right-fielder as he slid into the bag was also factored into that;

• Bautista gets one game for "his actions during the incident and for his post-game comments," Bottom line, the sense apparently is had he headed right back to the dugout immediately after the slide rather than turning to face Odor, matters may not have escalated;

For what exactly? Of course, he should appeal.

• Jesse Chavez gets three games because he intentionally threw at Prince Fielder after the teams had brawled and warnings had been issued, a relatively standard punishment; " it underlines the stupidity of the next reference of the excon, who was absolutely told to drill Bautista in his last AB of Game 6, for the entire Season.

• Matt Bush received only a fine even though, in MLB’s words, he "intentionally threw at Bautista, causing the warnings," because home plate umpire Dan Iassogna pooched things by not ejecting him. In the absence of a toss, baseball officials likely worried a ban might not survive an appeal;

• John Gibbons gets three games because he returned to the field after being ejected earlier in the game and "incited further fighting." As a repeat offender there would have been less leeway for him, and you’d think his rant about the slide rule earlier this season probably hurt him, too.

Gibbons is a slack jawed, marble mouthed clown from... you guessed it- Texas. I hate that clued out drawl and would be delighted if the side benefit to this whole thing, is that he is gassed by the end of June!

Why the Ranger Manager/ his substitute isn't getting the same for incitement, by waving his arms around like a WWF buffoon, is beyond me.

Bautista cranked one last night, but the whole team is in a funk now (funk being 3 games below .500) and they all need readjustment training. A frigging 8.4 Mill semi closer who isn't worth $8.40, having lost 5MPH off his Fastball & Slider. I'd hate to have him throwing at Odour next year.

He'd miss!
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #59
ElKabong

I have to commend you on your sense of humor, there!

I feel the same about our closer, blew another game last night. Looks like Bush is the (new) closer whenever they feel he's ready for the pressure

Good luck the rest of the way
Old 05-18-2016, 01:57 PM   #60
Stillriledup
Veteran

I'm already looking forward to next year when these teams meet again. Before this, I wouldn't have cared, now I want to watch.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply