Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-10-2019, 08:16 PM   #76
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Here's a free clue: Time ends for YOU when you die, Humpty! Likewise, Time ends for this planet when all life on it dies.
So the solution is not to be buried with your watch.

You should hold classes in the fine art of diverting.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:41 PM   #77
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
So the solution is not to be buried with your watch.

You should hold classes in the fine art of diverting.
Oh.... so time doesn't end for you when you die, heh?
Old 04-10-2019, 09:36 PM   #78
hcap

Quote:
Oh.... so time doesn't end for you when you die, heh?
That's not what the discussion was about Mr Diverter. You said nothing about time ending after you die.You implied repeatedly Time stops if the planet stops
Quote:
Are celestial bodies in motion? If so, Time moves
Quote:
In your pipe dreams it's a non sequitur. See what happens to Time if the earth were to stand still!
As I said drop it
Old 04-11-2019, 12:00 AM   #79
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
You mean...you're not going to straighten Mr. Halv about how mistaken he is about a finite universe and burnt out suns?
How could you possibly understand things when you are essentially a complete know-nothing, except about what happens behind the doors of your cult church. Pay attention. The change in a solar system does not mean the universe is finite. It's been around almost 14 billion years. How can you possibly not understand the difference between a solar system and a universe? And even when the sun goes red giant, that part of space will still exist. The universe is expanding as if there was a, oh let's say, a BIG BANG. Our solar system is about 5 billion years old, and that means our solar system has a life of about 10 billion years. How do you possibly not understand that every nuclear reactor that doesn't have a continuous outside fuel source eventually stops being a star? I can tell you this. Whatever happen to the sun, there is no reason to expect the planets from Jupiter to Uranus will cease to exist.

And how in the world could you fail to understand a sentence that says, we don't know when the earth will expire, and we can't predict how many of the handful of things that could wipe out life on earth might occur (read about Yellowstone Park), but if nothing else kills life on earth the sun going red giant will in 5 billion years. When the religious people brainwashed you, they took away your ability to comprehend some of the most obvious scientific concepts.

Everybody, and I mean everybody, knows you don't answer questions that would expose the fact that you're no smarter about the universe than Sponge Bob. You know how you think you won the argument about Noah's Ark? God interceded and made sure the wooden boat held together, even when we can PROVE that a boat like that is totally unstable, especially with the load he was carrying. You can believe whatever fairy tale you want, but don't tell me your inability to understand something I wrote is my fault. Science is tangible. You have a book.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2019, 09:23 AM   #80
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
How could you possibly understand things when you are essentially a complete know-nothing, except about what happens behind the doors of your cult church. Pay attention. The change in a solar system does not mean the universe is finite. It's been around almost 14 billion years. How can you possibly not understand the difference between a solar system and a universe? And even when the sun goes red giant, that part of space will still exist. The universe is expanding as if there was a, oh let's say, a BIG BANG. Our solar system is about 5 billion years old, and that means our solar system has a life of about 10 billion years. How do you possibly not understand that every nuclear reactor that doesn't have a continuous outside fuel source eventually stops being a star? I can tell you this. Whatever happen to the sun, there is no reason to expect the planets from Jupiter to Uranus will cease to exist.

And how in the world could you fail to understand a sentence that says, we don't know when the earth will expire, and we can't predict how many of the handful of things that could wipe out life on earth might occur (read about Yellowstone Park), but if nothing else kills life on earth the sun going red giant will in 5 billion years. When the religious people brainwashed you, they took away your ability to comprehend some of the most obvious scientific concepts.

Everybody, and I mean everybody, knows you don't answer questions that would expose the fact that you're no smarter about the universe than Sponge Bob. You know how you think you won the argument about Noah's Ark? God interceded and made sure the wooden boat held together, even when we can PROVE that a boat like that is totally unstable, especially with the load he was carrying. You can believe whatever fairy tale you want, but don't tell me your inability to understand something I wrote is my fault. Science is tangible. You have a book.
Hi, Boxcar, calling Spongey Bob do you read me? If so, here's a clue: Books are tangible too. Ask any scientist. Or if you're too embarrassed, feel free to consult a dictionary privately in your safe space.

Also, the universe must be finite because if it were eternal, it would be impossible for any of its parts to go in and out of existence, since whatever is eternal in its essence cannot change -- has no potential for change, such as a sun running out of fuel and going to the dark side on us, etc. Whatever is eternal must be pure existence, having no potential for change. For if it had such potential, it could potentially cease to exist.

Have a nice day.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:26 AM   #81
boxcar

Quote:
That's not what the discussion was about Mr Diverter. You said nothing about time ending after you die.You implied repeatedly Time stops if the planet stops

As I said drop it
Yes, of course you want me to "drop it" because you have nowhere to go. But the irrefutable fact is that Time would cease to exist for this planet because no one would be around to witness Time. Hard concept to grasp, heh?
Old 04-11-2019, 09:36 AM   #82
thaskalos

If a tree falls in the forest, and there is no one around to hear it...does it still make a sound?
Old 04-11-2019, 09:49 AM   #83
hcap

Quote:
Yes, of course you want me to "drop it" because you have nowhere to go. But the irrefutable fact is that Time would cease to exist for this planet because no one would be around to witness Time. Hard concept to grasp, heh?
Our subjective experience of time is not what you were talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by you
In your pipe dreams it's a non sequitur. See what happens to Time if the earth were to stand still!
You not only move the goalposts in your diversions and obfuscations, you move the game to another playing field when we question your absurdities.

Time does not stop when the earth stops moving bunky, just as Gus pointed out, a tree falls even if you are not around to see it fall.

Of course how accurately we witness the tree fall and record and remember it fall is another topic

Last edited by hcap; 04-11-2019 at 09:50 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2019, 11:20 AM   #84
boxcar

Quote:
Our subjective experience of time is not what you were talking about.

You not only move the goalposts in your diversions and obfuscations, you move the game to another playing field when we question your absurdities.

Time does not stop when the earth stops moving bunky, just as Gus pointed out, a tree falls even if you are not around to see it fall.

Of course how accurately we witness the tree fall and record and remember it fall is another topic
How do you know time doesn't stop? No one will be around to tell us! Just as time ends for you at death, likewise time ends for the planet upon its death.

And in the case of trees...there won't be any trees around to fall! So Gus' analogy is lame.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:49 AM   #85
hcap

Quote:
How do you know time doesn't stop? No one will be around to tell us! Just as time ends for you at death, likewise time ends for the planet upon its death.

And in the case of trees...there won't be any trees around to fall! So Gus' analogy is lame.
We do not need an entire planet to find out.
Atomic clocks, extremely accurate, placed on various objects moving at different velocities and standing still vary very little except at relativistic speeds. According to a relativity rule called Lorentz invariance, all physical laws will be the same, regardless of whether you're moving, standing still, in the middle of a city, or floating in space.

Sorry bunky, you are dead wrong and need not be either moving or sitting on your very stationary butt to understand science. Then again stuck in superstition does not help you much.

Consider asking god to educate you.

PS: Even if the earth stops rotating and revolving, it' velocity captured by the sun and our galaxy motion maintains it' overall movement. The only fixed velocity in the universe is the speed of light....
...299,792,458 m / s

Last edited by hcap; 04-11-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:53 PM   #86
boxcar

Quote:
We do not need an entire planet to find out.
Atomic clocks, extremely accurate, placed on various objects moving at different velocities and standing still vary very little except at relativistic speeds. According to a relativity rule called Lorentz invariance, all physical laws will be the same, regardless of whether you're moving, standing still, in the middle of a city, or floating in space.

Sorry bunky, you are dead wrong and need not be either moving or sitting on your very stationary butt to understand science. Then again stuck in superstition does not help you much.

Consider asking god to educate you.

PS: Even if the earth stops rotating and revolving, it' velocity captured by the sun and our galaxy motion maintains it' overall movement. The only fixed velocity in the universe is the speed of light....
...299,792,458 m / s
And just who is going to place those atomic clocks? And who is going to be around to read them? And how will atomic clocks survive the catastrophe?

Why don't you tell us exactly how catastrophic it would for this planet if the earth stood still suddenly.

And are you saying that none of the earth's physical laws would be affected? All the physical laws would remain constant?
Old 04-11-2019, 01:31 PM   #87
thaskalos

Quote:
And just who is going to place those atomic clocks? And who is going to be around to read them? And how will atomic clocks survive the catastrophe?

Why don't you tell us exactly how catastrophic it would for this planet if the earth stood still suddenly.

And are you saying that none of the earth's physical laws would be affected? All the physical laws would remain constant?
There is no real proof whatsoever to indicate that the earth suddenly standing still would be such a catastrophic event. When this happened during the ancient times, so Joshua and his men could battle their enemies in the sunlight...were there any catastrophic side-effects recorded as a result? I mean...I can understand why God spared the Jews during this planetary "catastrophe"...but, why did he show such compassion for the OTHER side?
Old 04-11-2019, 01:34 PM   #88
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Losing_ It
You must be in LaLa land. Pay attention. I said "WE DON'T NEED AN ENTIRE PLANET", in response to you asking...
Quote:
How do you know time doesn't stop? No one will be around to tell us! Just as time ends for you at death, likewise time ends for the planet upon its death......
So why ask now who will be around? Atomic clocks have been put stationary on earth, in airplanes and satellites. Time dilation has been observed in particle accelerators.

I do not believe any one was injured or died observing these non-entire planet, non catastrophic events.

Last edited by hcap; 04-11-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #89
boxcar

Quote:
You must be in LaLa land. Pay attention. I said "WE DON'T NEED AN ENTIRE PLANET", in response to you asking...
So why ask now who will be around? Atomic clocks have been put stationary on earth, in airplanes and satellites. Time dilation has been observed in particle accelerators.

I do not believe any one was injured or died observing these non-entire planet, non catastrophic events.
So, again, who is going to be around to observe anything? The planet will have died. How do you know atomic clocks will survive? What kind of catastrophe do you think atomic clocks wold survive if the earth stood still?
Old 04-11-2019, 04:17 PM   #90
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
There is no real proof whatsoever to indicate that the earth suddenly standing still would be such a catastrophic event. When this happened during the ancient times, so Joshua and his men could battle their enemies in the sunlight...were there any catastrophic side-effects recorded as a result? I mean...I can understand why God spared the Jews during this planetary "catastrophe"...but, why did he show such compassion for the OTHER side?
Oh....so you think God would supernaturally intervene this time?

And by the way, the bible text re Joshua and the sun doesn't say that the earth stood still. Learn to read.