Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #16
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
apart from the wagering and racing, I love this part of it. a blue collar nobody takes on all of the regally bred 3 and 4 hundred thousand dollar yearlings and leaves them in his wake. I'm a sucker for an underdog story like this.
although I have to admit I don't much care for the owners.

One of the owners, Coburn is someone that gets caught up i n the moment & tends to get cocky a bit. I don't think he does it on purpose, I really believe his excitement of his horse has him talking before thinking.

Most of the blue collar people in this sitiation wouldn't know how to handle the prestige/excitement/money/etc......that comes with what's going on with them & their horse. Its unbelievable story & will probably be made into a movie.

I'm happy for everyone involved & especially for the trainer. To win the derby with Swaps as an excersise rider & then train the derby winner over 50 years later is an amazing story in itself.

What we are seeing is like 3 or 4 story's intertwined & coming together that will make this movie a good one.

On to the Preakness.......
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #17
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
One of the owners, Coburn is someone that gets caught up i n the moment & tends to get cocky a bit. I don't think he does it on purpose, I really believe his excitement of his horse has him talking before thinking.

Most of the blue collar people in this sitiation wouldn't know how to handle the prestige/excitement/money/etc......that comes with what's going on with them & their horse. Its unbelievable story & will probably be made into a movie.

I'm happy for everyone involved & especially for the trainer. To win the derby with Swaps as an excersise rider & then train the derby winner over 50 years later is an amazing story in itself.

What we are seeing is like 3 or 4 story's intertwined & coming together that will make this movie a good one.

On to the Preakness.......
no doubt. Think about what a monumental day this must have been for Art Sherman a guy grinding away for decades, suddenly catches lightening in a bottle. yes it could make a good movie from many angles.
it' so improbable what happened to them
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 10:50 PM   #18
ArlJim78

as far as the owners, I guess you have to respect the humility of them naming their stable "dumb ass partners"
Old 05-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #19
MNslappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
haters
Motion to autofilter this word via the VBulletin admin panel.

MNslappy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 11:21 PM   #20
jettroofer

I hit the Super and the tri for a nice score on the race. Admittedly, I had chrome 'thrown in' all three (and four) holes as insurance. I had no doubt he was the one to beat, I was just heavier on Candy Boy and Intense Holiday at the price. I'd rather be lucky than good. My best cash. Looking back, I would have had way less at play had I singled him. lol
jettroofer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 11:32 PM   #21
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettroofer
I hit the Super and the tri for a nice score on the race. Admittedly, I had chrome 'thrown in' all three (and four) holes as insurance. I had no doubt he was the one to beat, I was just heavier on Candy Boy and Intense Holiday at the price. I'd rather be lucky than good. My best cash. Looking back, I would have had way less at play had I singled him. lol
nice one.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #22
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
as far as the owners, I guess you have to respect the humility of them naming their stable "dumb ass partners"

LoL.....I love that they named it like that & have a Donkey as their logo.......
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #23
Edward DeVere

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab
Headwind today.
And they ran into that headwind TWICE, the second time dog-tired.

(Well, dog-tired except for CC and CC.)
Edward DeVere is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 11:52 PM   #24
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmmd
I tried to beat him. I lost. He's a freak. Good on him. He earned it.

I think this sums it up best..

Jim, awesome score today. Congrats, bud...
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2014, 11:56 PM   #25
jettroofer

Quote:
nice one.
Thanks, Jim. Just read about your score on another thread. Kudos to you. My super ticket was $199 so I can't brag too much when I had the ambulance and the tractors in there. Lol. You weren't the guy in front of me carrying out those straps at the IRS window at Lone Star clubhouse level today, where you?
Old 05-04-2014, 12:03 AM   #26
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettroofer
Thanks, Jim. Just read about your score on another thread. Kudos to you. My super ticket was $199 so I can't brag too much when I had the ambulance and the tractors in there. Lol. You weren't the guy in front of me carrying out those straps at the IRS window at Lone Star clubhouse level today, where you?
yes you can brag because to hit it on such a small wager is a huge feat.
no i'm up around arlington way, so that wasn't me at LS.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:04 AM   #27
jettroofer

Quote:
yes you can brag because to hit it on such a small wager is a huge feat.
no i'm up around arlington way, so that wasn't me at LS.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:59 AM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
Chrome ran his race. He sat right off the leaders and than Victor gave him his cue as they were entering the stretch and he opened up and put the field away and than Victor just let him gallop home without any urging.

He ran as fast as he needed to. What did you want Victor to do ??? Put this horse in a all out drive so his final time would look better to all his critics ???

They are thinking triple crown with this horse so why would they use him up when he already has the race won considering he know has the Preakness in 2 weeks and the Belmont three weeks after that ...

First it's he is a cal bred and than it's he has not beaten anybody and now it's his final time was slow. ...

The horse has just effortlessly demolished every horse he has faced the last 5 races and there are people still trying to knock him.

I guarantee you that even if this horse wins the triple crown that it still won't be good enough for a lot of people ....
How long have you been a fan of this game? And if not long, have you ever looked back on its history?

Secretariat had doubters (I guess today they would be called HATERS). Seattle Slew had tons of doubters who thought he was beating nothing. Nobody thought Holy Bull could get 10 furlongs...the list goes on and on of great horses who continued to have their doubters as they were proving their greatness.

That's how you earn respect. That's how you become a great horse. You silence all the doubters.

I still have my doubts about CC. I wish I didn't, but I still do...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply