Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-07-2024, 05:20 PM   #1
ultracapper

Replays

Is it just me, or are others getting zero access to replays on DRF's page? Along with TVG revamping their page and slowing down to molasses in January, it takes about 10 minutes to see 3 replays.

Was there a great cry out there for TVG to change their website, or did they just get a bug up their butts and decide to goof around?
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2024, 05:49 PM   #2
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

NYRA Bets has a great replay feature for virtually any track, including archives
Old 03-07-2024, 08:39 PM   #3
Ahorsewithnoname

I also see that TVG stopped bonus bets. I use to get once or twice a week they would send me a $20 bet. All I had to do was make sure to roll it over within 24 hours. I'm not bad about it though. $20 is usually chump change.
Ahorsewithnoname is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2024, 12:45 PM   #4
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
NYRA Bets has a great replay feature for virtually any track, including archives
Thank you for the suggestion. I love the free pps for every $50 bet with DRF, and a rebate to boot when you hit certain milestones, so I try to do my homework through that. I have used TVG replays for years due to ease of access, but these past few days have been a nightmare accessing replays. As far as I'm concerned, their present revamping of the website has made it difficult on race day to get the information that's essential via the replays embedded within the card, and the feed the past 2 days is a packaging of pause, delay, buffer, repeat. Just awful, and I can't see any reason that they did the revamp. Yesterday anyway, DRF's replays were unavailable. The links embedded within the horses running yesterday would not bring up the race requested. I'd just get "This race replay is not available" for every replay I tried to pull up.
Old 03-08-2024, 01:19 PM   #5
ultracapper

DRF's links are working today. Problem averted.
Old 03-08-2024, 02:04 PM   #6
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
DRF's links are working today. Problem averted.
Well, shut my mouth. The replays for the horses running at Oaklawn come up "replay for this race unavailable". The links to Tampa were available, but not Oaklawn.

Marvelous. I'd love to make an educated bet, but when you're lacking info, it just becomes a bigger guess than it already is.
Old 03-08-2024, 02:41 PM   #7
Robert Fischer
clean money

https://www.rtn.tv/ works well enough for me.
Old 03-09-2024, 09:46 AM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

RTN, yes!
Replays only, $5 a month?
Great for watching raaces, too.
Old 03-09-2024, 11:55 AM   #9
classhandicapper

Speaking of replays....

How hard is for tracks to provide both a head-on and pan of the start for every distance so you can see both the cause and impact of bad starts?

How hard is it to have a head-on shot for every distance that allows you see most of the horses on most of the turn so you can see the paths/ground loss for each horse? Too many of them cut away at the most critical point.

How hard is it to hire landscapers that trim back bushes and trees or place them where they won't interfere with your ability to see the race?
Old 03-09-2024, 05:15 PM   #10
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Speaking of replays....

How hard is for tracks to provide both a head-on and pan of the start for every distance so you can see both the cause and impact of bad starts?

How hard is it to have a head-on shot for every distance that allows you see most of the horses on most of the turn so you can see the paths/ground loss for each horse? Too many of them cut away at the most critical point.

How hard is it to hire landscapers that trim back bushes and trees or place them where they won't interfere with your ability to see the race?
I haven't accessed them in awhile, but calracing used to provide pan and a head-on of the entire race. You gotta think every track has it, some may not be as good as others (Golden Gate's head-ons have some real poor angles at certain points of the race), but anything helps. There's a number of tracks you can't access at calracing though. Understandable. It's there to promote California racing.

I'm coming to the conclusion that there is something between Oaklawn and DRF that prevents DRF from providing Oaklawn replays. Of the tracks I'm focused on right now, Oaklawn is the only track they're not providing replays.
Old 03-10-2024, 12:17 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

IMHO an overhead drone view is required.
If your track doesn't provide it, it is not a major leaque track.