Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

View Poll Results: In your opinion is there now or have ever been a Turn-Key Profit Machine in Horse rac
No , of course not 67 39.88%
Yes, there is 47 27.98%
Never will be, too many variable's 54 32.14%
Voters: 168. This poll is closed

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

A real Turn Key Software, ??

I have a quote here from someone, who basically claims his stuff may be a , "Real Turn-key Profit Machine.

Real quote below

Quote:
While we are on this topic, the private feedback I have had after this workshop leads me to make a very provocative statement: "NewPace has evolved to the point where it may be a real turn-key profit machine."
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
acorn54

the never-ending search for the holy grail
really at your age you should know better
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54
the never-ending search for the holy grail
really at your age you should know better
I do know better, this is what I found here on this site stating this, not me, come on even I know this could not be true, that is why I had to repost the quote, and see what others thought .

Every one needs a laugh, and who knows this may be it, April , have you been had , or we , That is the real question here....

Enjoy April everyone

Patrick
Old 04-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Two words for you....Monty Banks.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
headhawg
crusty old guy

I have two other words but I will get banned.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
Helles

I'm quite unimpressed by an unattributed quote from an unknown source.

However, Mr. X 'might' be on to something. I purchased the latest NewPace seminar because I have used NewPace and I think it's a pretty darn good contender selector. I'm not using it at present, but I wanted to stay current on its development. (I am using HSH though.)

Many will remember a thread I started espousing the benefits of cooperation and mentoring. A work partner of mine who has been making real bets, albeit small bets, with the newest version of NewPace is reporting positive results over MANY bets.

More races are passed than before and I think this selectivity is a major improvement. The actual contender selection has also been improved.

I am going to stop short of saying this is a Black Box. I really don't know how a paper and pencil guy is going to make this latest iteration work. I also have not played it myself so I can't declare it anything other than an improvement. An obvious improvement.

I'm sure my work partner will be along soon to provide a quote from a known poster. But I doubt even he will bestow Black Box status on NewPace. It's still too early to say. But I'm sure all will agree that regardless of the method, it must continue to evolve because any advantage in this toughest of games is fleeting.

Last edited by Helles; 04-01-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Helles is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
hencicleva

Why are you highlighting a quote about an updated product that you don't have? Why do you think your clearly impied opinion on it has any validity and then insult us by so thinly disguising your attack in the form of a poll?

In short. What Headhawg said!
hencicleva is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Two words for you....Monty Banks.
I have 3 words for PK....

LET IT GO!

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Upon re-reading my post I mentioned no names, ya'll are putting names in there for me, not me.

But the name you mentioned, I spent thousands of dollars there, including data downloads, and by Gawd I should have every right to say what I want to say, what gives you the right to deny me the right ???

I never got a penny back, never will I, nor should I, some say I should, yes plenty tell me this, and I guess if I did , I would go away, but I paid heavily for this right to say what I want, respectfully, and tactfully, giving my oipnion as I did watse alot of my $$$ trying something, which was a big failure for me, yet currently I am winning with my current tools, RDSS being one of them, and a few others things too, I am happy now, where before I was chastised and crucified by , someone, called a loser and things that are not repeatable here, I am only excersising my right to voice my opinion, which I paid for , that is all.

Have a Happy April Fools Day

Patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 04-01-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #10
jdhanover

Patrick -

You don't like Dave. We all know that as it is well documented. But when you post stuff like this, you may want to ask yourself some questions since all you are really doing is belittling yourself in a public way:

1) Why would Dave talk highly about his product knowing that there is a forum for people to respond in which he participates...unless he believes there is truth to what he says? Granted there can be 'used car salesman' (no offense intended to any of you who are!) types, but Dave is a long-standing guy on here and well respected by most folks.

2) Why does he say it "may be" versus the stuff we all get in the mail that says 'guaranteed to make you a winner' type stuff? If you ever listen to him, he has always said it needs to be tailored to the individual's approach.

3) I know you also post in another forum where there is a group of folks using the prior version of New Pace, and some (not all) have tailored it to be a successful part of the arsenal. Yet you come here and blast away. It makes no sense to me at all.

4) Finally, I know how hard it is to turn the corner from losing to winning (I am just now getting there...after 30 years...with Dave's help and New Pace is a part of that). It takes a lot of WORK...even with something like New Pace. When I met you in Saratoga and listened to you talk (you stood right behind me for a half hour) it was very clear that you are a long way from where you need to be to be profitable in terms of discipline and willingness to work. This is where I was for many, many years so I can relate but never would I blast at people the way you do.

In addition to myself, I know several people who are using New Pace within HSH as a profitable method. Recognize that the profit is not a huge ROI% (maybe that is what you are seeking? - I dont think it exists), but more of a grind-it-out type of profit with good days and bad but overall profitability. We all worked with it, made different adjustments, continue to refine our methods and are VERY discsiplined in when and how they play.

I grant you that the words turn-key used may be a little bit of a stretch but Dave is trying to run a profitable business after all and selling will lean towards these sort of comments (in the context of what he says "turn-key" is not too far off). Instead of blastig away, don't you think you could have asked a more general question for New Pace users about the recet advancements?

I will close with I really enjoy 98% of PA. I look forward to every post from a number of guys on here as Itry to continue to learn every day. But then there are the few like you who cannot help themselves by making it personal. No one minds debating points (yes, Dave and I debate many things), but the personal attacks really are pointless. I suggest that you keep your personal issues with Dave to yourself as those posts help no one.
jdhanover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
EvenSteven

Given all the complexities to this “sport” called horse handicapping, New Pace generates 4 contenders which have a high probability of winning. The thinking that went into New Pace is logical and sound which is borne out by the 4 contenders having a win rate ~ 80 – 85%. Thinking about that for a minute, NP is pretty amazing and an accomplishment.
EvenSteven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #12
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven
Given all the complexities to this “sport” called horse handicapping, New Pace generates 4 contenders which have a high probability of winning. The thinking that went into New Pace is logical and sound which is borne out by the 4 contenders having a win rate ~ 80 – 85%. Thinking about that for a minute, NP is pretty amazing and an accomplishment.

Thank You

Wow 4 Contenders in a Race, I believe that most of the Tout Sheets give you 4 horse's to play, but tell me who plays 4 horse's every race, not me and certaintly not you, maybe I am wrong here, but I would be impressed and go away with my tail between my legs if and only if you got it down to 2 horse contender's that won an average of 80-85%, heck even 2 horse's who won at an average of say 60-65% , that would be very impressive, yes it would.

The improvement I have heard about , has not done this, am I wrong ??

By the way I want my cut of advertisement money, Sir !! You can not buy better advertisement than this.

patrick
Old 04-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
A to I

PK, it is obvious from your post and other postings that you have a dislike for Dave and his software. I'll not go into that, what I would like to say here is that Dave's New Pace product is the REAL DEAL and that if a person is ready and willing to put some honest time into understanding and using the tools that HSH makes available they WILL be a WINNER.
A to I is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
EvenSteven

"By the way I want my cut of advertisement money, Sir !! You can not buy better advertisement than this."

I resent the implication I am in anyway being paid.

And as usual, you want someone to do everything for you.

-Bye Bye
EvenSteven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
acorn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by A to I
if a person is ready and willing to put some honest time into understanding and using the tools that HSH makes available they WILL be a WINNER.

that's what all the software pedalers say about their product.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply