Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:49 PM   #5431
biggestal99

Say bye bye to the “miracle cure” hydroxychloroquine as the FDA revokes it’s emergency authorization.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fd...ine-2020-06-15

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2020, 03:44 PM   #5432
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
If it's stupid to think that a pandemic and a protest could occur at the same time without the two being somehow "connected" and spawned by some sinister political groups within our government...then, go ahead and call me "stupid". I need a little more proof before I can safely embrace a conspiracy theory. Yes...I saw that the protesters violated the "social distancing" directives...but I haven't seen any common citizens out there who are using this as an excuse to act recklessly themselves in their day-to-day lives. Where I live...the people are still going around in masks and are keeping a "safe" distance between one-another. Honest.
Rational people here continue to do the same as "INFECTION recklessness" is mutually exclusive from public displays of protest.
Old 06-15-2020, 04:28 PM   #5433
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Social distancing ended when the protests started. You don’t believe me. Take a poll. That’s when the public realized what PA knew in March. It was all a deadly political game. The virus is real. The dying is real. The original need for distancing was real. The co-opting of pandemic for political purposes is also very real and make no mistake, the protests shined a bright light on it.
Social distancing is still optimal as are masks. It’s the reason I did not protest. Too many people. I wear a mask every time I go outside of my home. Whether to work, exercise or get the mail. I also social distance. Very tough at work. I have a cart in front of my office door. People still try and move it to see me. We have a very effective messaging system at work. And everyone has a cell phone.
I guess old habits die hard

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2020, 04:49 PM   #5434
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

But why did NBC choose to call out Trumps crowds and NOT demonstrators?

Is not THAT the job of REAL NEWS, report what REALLY happens, not just what you want to report?

Encouraging, let alone allowing demonstrations, was a STUPID idea.
No debate.

Trump holding a massive rally indoors is equally STUPIDS.
No debate here.

If Biden by some change does win, THIS rally will be the turning point.

Because COVID is GOING to spread where they demonstrated and where they rallied.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:12 PM   #5435
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
I blame all the protesters on all sides for this spike in cases. When are health departments going to cry out for them to be removed from the streets in the name of COVID SAFETY?

When that happens, we'll turn our sights to the Trump rally, brah.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:32 PM   #5436
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
But why did NBC choose to call out Trumps crowds and NOT demonstrators?

Is not THAT the job of REAL NEWS, report what REALLY happens, not just what you want to report?

Encouraging, let alone allowing demonstrations, was a STUPID idea.
No debate.

Trump holding a massive rally indoors is equally STUPIDS.
No debate here.

If Biden by some change does win, THIS rally will be the turning point.

Because COVID is GOING to spread where they demonstrated and where they rallied.
Well at this point the truth is people at risk know it full well and in reality are responsible for their own well being. Now I think we can put together our economy with those who can brave other people 80+ do not get sick at all and will have the herd thing going on. Making everyone hide for the 10 % to 15 % from this point on means war. We as a people can withstand hurricanes, tornadoes, or anything else when jobs are everywhere. This country is so over this shit, no matter what happens locking down is no longer feasible.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2020, 05:35 PM   #5437
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I blame all the protesters on all sides for this spike in cases. When are health departments going to cry out for them to be removed from the streets in the name of COVID SAFETY?

When that happens, we'll turn our sights to the Trump rally, brah.
Here's some pics of protestor gatherings..

After the Tulsa MAGA rally happens, let's come back and compare/contrast the pics from that event...
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2020, 05:41 PM   #5438
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Gee, Dan....ZERO social distancing.

Wassupwitdat?

NOW,, Trump is having everyone checked for temperture before entering.

How many of the DEMONstrators had this done?

Hmmmmmmm?

You are just scared because 1 MILLION people want to attend the rally.

Last edited by Tom; 06-15-2020 at 05:44 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2020, 05:58 PM   #5439
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

You are just scared because 1 MILLION people want to attend the rally.
Wasn't it just 300K a couple days ago?

It'll be million by the end of the week..

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...r-cancellation
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2020, 06:41 PM   #5440
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Wasn't it just 300K a couple days ago?

It'll be million by the end of the week..

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...r-cancellation
Prove it wrong.
Did it ever occur to you () that more people, watch tie obviously biased and FAKE news this weekend have now decide they want to go? Or that many were wanting to make sure it was going to happen?

Of course not....that would require some kind of thought process....
Old 06-16-2020, 03:08 PM   #5441
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Promising news...

"Scientists at the University of Oxford said on Tuesday that they have identified what they called the first drug proven to reduce coronavirus-related deaths, after a 6,000-patient trial of the drug in Britain showed that a low-cost steroid could reduce deaths significantly for hospitalized patients.

"Dexamethasone is the first drug to be shown to improve survival in Covid-19,” said Peter Horby, professor of emerging infectious diseases at the University of Oxford..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/16/w...#link-2c3ace49
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2020, 04:31 PM   #5442
lansdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Promising news...

"Scientists at the University of Oxford said on Tuesday that they have identified what they called the first drug proven to reduce coronavirus-related deaths, after a 6,000-patient trial of the drug in Britain showed that a low-cost steroid could reduce deaths significantly for hospitalized patients.

"Dexamethasone is the first drug to be shown to improve survival in Covid-19,” said Peter Horby, professor of emerging infectious diseases at the University of Oxford..."

Thanks for posting. If this passes peer review (since medical data have not yet been released) this looks like the most important positive development thus far in fighting the disease. Scaled to the U.S. population, it would have saved ca. 15k lives here if we had been using it since March.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2020, 04:37 PM   #5443
46zilzal
velocitician

ODD: Dexamethasone block inflammation almost completely..I guess that helps the know thrombosis is the lungs.
Old 06-16-2020, 04:46 PM   #5444
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Promising news...

Not promising to some.

You see, those who want to crash the economy and exercise greater and greater control over our lives (in the name of public safety and well-being) don't want to manage the virus at a reasonable health risk level. They would rather push the impossible to achieve narrative that the goal 'should be" to keep the number of CASES from ever increasing, which means they can tell you to continue maintaining social distancing (6 feet minimum) and to wear your mask until THEY decide advising otherwise is beneficial to them.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2020, 04:48 PM   #5445
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
Not promising to some.

You see, those who want to crash the economy and exercise greater and greater control over our lives (in the name of public safety and well-being) don't want to manage the virus at a reasonable health risk level. They would rather push the impossible to achieve narrative that the goal 'should be" to keep the number of CASES from ever increasing, which means they can tell you to continue maintaining social distancing (6 feet minimum) and to wear your mask until THEY decide advising otherwise is beneficial to them.
Paranoid much?