Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-10-2020, 05:21 PM   #1
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Texas is Back!

Nah, they aren't. Still funny though.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2020, 06:15 PM   #2
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Nah, they aren't. Still funny though.
LOL

Or, as PA likes to say, LULZ.

Maybe a little cruel, but still funny.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2020, 09:37 PM   #3
Marshall Bennett

Every year they're highly ranked and end up stinking up the joint.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2020, 12:20 AM   #4
ElKabong

Wasn't Texas ranked 21 or something?

Since the team won't stay on the field for The Eyes, I'm out. I'll be back when the adults take over the program again.

Sam Ehlinger was the only guy that stayed and raised his Horns during the school song. I love the guy, but haven't watched a down all season and won't until the SJW stuff subsides.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 10-11-2020 at 12:24 AM.
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2020, 12:52 AM   #5
ElKabong

ETA
saw one poster on hornfans.com report Sam was the only player staying on the field to sing The Eyes.... Just read that was incorrect, some stayed including coaches

Last week only 2 stayed to raise their Horns. Sam and one other

Being an Ex, our traditions bring us all together and form an unbreakable bond , bridging generations and provides a rallying message win or lose. "WE'RE TEXAS ". Every university and program has similar traditions and each are truly unique. It's what made college athletics so great.

When those traditions are marginalized, unjustly attacked by the most privileged students on campus (football, basketball players under scholarship) it turns off alums, exes, BMDs and fans. Athletics is entertainment (you've seen me post this comment 100 x, right?). They've clearly over estimated their worth as can be read on any board, as well as Del Conte's half assed apology letter to alums , fans, etc

I'll be out on college football until the adults take back the reigns. No reason to watch or pull for TEXAS or anyone else. It's a joke.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 10-11-2020, 02:12 AM   #6
TJDave

What could possibly, even the least remotely be offensive about The Eyes of Texas?
Old 10-11-2020, 02:23 AM   #7
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
What could possibly, even the least remotely be offensive about The Eyes of Texas?
Everyone from Julius Whittier to Roosevelt Leaks to Earl Campbell to Collin Johnson would ask that same very question.
Old 10-11-2020, 02:30 AM   #8
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Everyone from Julius Whittier to Roosevelt Leaks to Earl Campbell to Collin Johnson would ask that same very question.
Then?

Someone had to have made the argument.
Old 10-11-2020, 08:42 AM   #9
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Wasn't Texas ranked 21 or something?
AP had them ranked #14 at preseason.
Its not the same school it once was. Austin's been turned into the liberal capital of the south, and the university is its hallmark.
Old 10-11-2020, 08:44 AM   #10
Dahoss2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Nothing as far as I can see. Run it by Michelle Obama. She is the judge on everything offensive.
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2020, 09:32 AM   #11
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

They should have gone for two after the second, one-play touchdown in OT. They hadn't been stopped for quite a while, had they?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2020, 11:18 AM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
They should have gone for two after the second, one-play touchdown in OT. They hadn't been stopped for quite a while, had they?
I said the same about OU when they had a chance to win or lose it on a 2. Neither coach had the guts to try it.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2020, 01:16 PM   #13
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
AP had them ranked #14 at preseason.
Its not the same school it once was. Austin's been turned into the liberal capital of the south, and the university is its hallmark.
Gov Perry's appointments dating as far back as 15 years or more tremendously hurt The University. Long story there and I think I've posted about it in the past, and you likely know about it as well. Admission is easier now for under qualified applicants. Much harder for many who are qualified.

Much like Austin, it's not the same. Not even close. The California influence is very strong. I don't recognize The University anymore, nor the city

Things change, we move on. Five years ago if you asked me if I was taking the wife and grand daughter for a day trip to Caddo Lake on TEXAS ou game day it would be unthinkable. This year that's exactly what happened.

Take away the SJW nonsense I'll consider it entertainment again. For now, it's dead to me. Not interested
Old 10-11-2020, 01:36 PM   #14
ElKabong

Looks like Sam (near the 40 yd marker) is the only player in the photo staying for The Eyes.

Sorry, the rest of them are dead to me

On hornfans,com it's posted he's mentioned the team needs to come together for 3 weeks now. Says there's splintering amongst them. Herman and the admin are lost at sea. Teenagers with no clue on history or tradition are running the show

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sam.jpg (97.7 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by ElKabong; 10-11-2020 at 01:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:58 PM   #15
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Gov Perry's appointments dating as far back as 15 years or more tremendously hurt The University. Long story there and I think I've posted about it in the past, and you likely know about it as well. Admission is easier now for under qualified applicants. Much harder for many who are qualified.

Much like Austin, it's not the same. Not even close. The California influence is very strong. I don't recognize The University anymore, nor the city

Things change, we move on. Five years ago if you asked me if I was taking the wife and grand daughter for a day trip to Caddo Lake on TEXAS ou game day it would be unthinkable. This year that's exactly what happened.

Take away the SJW nonsense I'll consider it entertainment again. For now, it's dead to me. Not interested
I totally agree. Since their championship win over USC, I've lost interest. Never liked Mack Brown anyway. I no longer care if they win or lose.
Its almost as if all the state's degenerates migrated to Austin, thus the population explosion. They're closing in on a million. The change that's taken place is unprecedented anywhere imaginable.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: