Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 10-18-2018, 01:49 AM   #1
ultracapper

Calracing.com

Seems they've made some changes, or Roberts has. Anybody having trouble with this website? I can't get the full screen view to come up, regardless of the browser I use. It just won't expand.

I would love to hear suggestions/solutions. The pan view on the backstretch is impossibly small. It's very difficult to see anything that's happening outside of just the general crowd of horses moving forward.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2018, 08:01 AM   #2
CheckMark

Tried on my phone but same issue you are having.
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Pretty sure this isn't limited to calracing. I'm seeing it at other replay sites as well, including DRF and TimeformUS. Haven't checked my ADWs yet.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2018, 10:19 PM   #4
ultracapper

I tried to send an email to calracing.com just now to just let them know that a faithful, appreciative user of their web site was suggesting that doing whatever could be done to enable the full screen abilities on their replays and changing the order of the races run on the horse's drop down list so that most recent race is on top and the oldest race is on bottom, rather than the reverse as it's presented now, would probably be noted by their faithful, appreciative, longtime users in a very positive manner.

Turns out, I can't send them emails. You must be on an approved list of some sort for them to receive/accept your emails.

Oh well. Tried.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:52 AM   #5
ultracapper

Ah-ha.

I sent my original email to comments. I just sent one to support@calracing.com and that got through.

Lets see what light they can shed on this.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:13 AM   #6
Andy Asaro

It's about their budget.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2018, 09:40 AM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Not being able to watch replays the day of the races is one of the stupidest things I've seen in this sport. Virtually every other track now provides them on their website the same day, but for California I have to log in to the ADW to see them.

One note, I am finding the new Roberts replays much better than those before the switch. Easy to record without glitches and I'm now able to time virtually any race from video if I need to do so.

Last edited by cj; 11-02-2018 at 11:07 AM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2018, 06:15 PM   #8
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
It's about their budget.
I'm certain of that. You'd hope the tracks would support them to some degree as a promotion for their product, but I'd guess the time will come when they'll ask the end user to help financially.

Can't even get the video player to load at present. I've never had a real smooth feed while using TVG's replays. Continually buffers.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:23 PM   #9
ultracapper

Just watched a full screen replay on TVG. Cleanest one I've ever watched there. Every bit as user friendly as calracing.com also.

Right on.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: