Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
Clocker

Gun grabbers drive Beretta out of Maryland

Gun control laws and an anti-gun enviroment in Maryland have prompted Beretta USA to move its manufacturing operations from MD to TN. For those not familiar with the company, it is the principle supplier of hand guns to the US military.

Quote:
Beretta U.S.A. announced Tuesday that company concerns over a strict gun-control law enacted in Maryland last year have made it necessary to move its weapons making out of the state to Tennessee. The well-known gun maker said it will move to a new production facility it is building in the Nashville suburb of Gallatin that is set to open in mid-2015.

Beretta general manager Jeff Cooper said that a sweeping gun-control measure that was passed last year initially contained provisions that would have prohibited the Italian gun maker from being able to produce, store or even import into Maryland the products that the company sells around the world. While the legislation was changed to remove some of those provisions, Cooper said the possibility that such restrictions could be reinstated left the company worried about maintaining a firearm-making factory in Maryland.
And the moral of the story, for other states and for the federal government, is that a primary role of the government in creating jobs is providing a stable and predictable regulatory environment.

As a historic foot note, Al Gore would have won the presidency in 2000 if he had carried his home state of Tennessee. Many analysts at the time concluded that Gore's strong position on gun control cost him that state's electoral votes.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Great!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #3
HUSKER55

Hey Ralph, now would be a good time to promote Texas.

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #4
cj's dad

This goes back to January 2014

Martin O'Malley, the beloved gov of Md. is a smug arrogant bastard. Here's what he had to say in January when asked about Beretta moving-

"They've been threatening that for a long time, and that whenever they did it, they'd make a political point out of it, so it's a free country, " O'Malley told reporters

Link:
http://www.wbal.com/article/105110/3...e-not-maryland
Old 07-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

No need to promote Texas in this case

I recently switched to a Beretta. Love it. Got it as a gift.

I hope those guys who are going to be laid off think about this when they vote. Not sure if I want them moving down here (the employees) but Tn is a great state. Another no State Tax state if my memory is right.........

Last edited by JustRalph; 07-23-2014 at 02:05 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #6
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
No need to promote Texas in this case

I hope those guys who are going to be laid off think about this when they vote. Not sure if I want them moving down here (the employees) but Tn is a great state.
You mean the democrats haven't started dumping illegals there yet so they can turn that state blue and destroy it too?
Old 07-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #7
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I recently switched to a Beretta. Love it. Got it as a gift.
Never cared much for Berettas, and even less so for Glocks. Am a traditional 1911 guy. Just love some of the Kimbers, very pricey but worth it. Perhaps after my next score or winning streak at the track I can go shopping?