Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 07-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Dow only down 100 at this moment

But all day it seems there has been some heavy trading going on...much faster than I've seen it in a long time...I haven't looked at volume totals yet, but it seems to me this could be the start of a major move...

VIX is going through the roof (well, relatively speaking)...up almost 20% on the day....
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #2
RaceBookJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
But all day it seems there has been some heavy trading going on...much faster than I've seen it in a long time...I haven't looked at volume totals yet, but it seems to me this could be the start of a major move...

VIX is going through the roof (well, relatively speaking)...up almost 20% on the day....
/ES was very active movewise today. Some good moves on a few stocks today too, SNDK being a great short off the opening gap down
Old 07-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
Tape Reader

Just bot Friday puts.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2014, 05:03 AM   #4
Billnewman

panic over old news. Goldman sac holdings. Once investors realize the default is the same debt argentina refused to pay 13 years ago investors will be caling they brokers and say remember all that stuff i had you sell yesterday? could you buy that back please?
Billnewman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2014, 01:00 PM   #5
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billnewman
panic over old news. Goldman sac holdings. Once investors realize the default is the same debt argentina refused to pay 13 years ago investors will be caling they brokers and say remember all that stuff i had you sell yesterday? could you buy that back please?
I'm not sure the kind of investor who would sell based on a well telegraphed event like Argentina is even in this market.

I'd say the sell off was more related to the strong GDP numbers and fear that the Fed may raise rates sooner rather than later. But there is probably more than just one reason. A decent sell off would be healthy. It's been way too long.

Maybe that's the meta reason.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: