Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-04-2018, 01:08 PM   #1
Mike_412

Rebate options in Jersey?

I figured I would ask here in case anyone knew. Is TVG our only option or if you bet enough do we have additional options with other companies? It took me a while to get back to my previous wagering level with life getting in the way but now that I am TVG's $5 wagering reward for every $2500 wagered isn't cutting it. I'm not aware of the current landscape and finding out info can be difficult.

Thanks in advance.
Mike_412 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #2
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_412 View Post
I figured I would ask here in case anyone knew. Is TVG our only option or if you bet enough do we have additional options with other companies? It took me a while to get back to my previous wagering level with life getting in the way but now that I am TVG's $5 wagering reward for every $2500 wagered isn't cutting it. I'm not aware of the current landscape and finding out info can be difficult.

Thanks in advance.
As far as i know it is still a monopoly state, $5 for $2500 in action, what a joke. There was a time you could at least get comped timeforms.

I think the only way around it is with creative partakings such as an out of state relative whose address you can use. You would probably need an out of state drivers license.

If anyone knows another way please post
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2018, 04:56 PM   #3
biggestal99

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Well the exchange offers many freebies.....

As far as pm rebates....non existent.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2018, 05:13 PM   #4
Mike_412

Thanks guys. I probably should have stated in my original post that it has to be a legal option as I don't do offshore. I want the industry to get their fair cut.

The exchange is indeed great and they do have some nice offers. However, without any premium content (after 2 1/2 years it's a bit of a fail imo) it's relegated to a backup option for me. Tampa for the full meet is all I use it for with Monmouth and Woodbine occasionally.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:25 PM   #5
biggestal99

Quote:
Thanks guys. I probably should have stated in my original post that it has to be a legal option as I don't do offshore. I want the industry to get their fair cut.

The exchange is indeed great and they do have some nice offers. However, without any premium content (after 2 1/2 years it's a bit of a fail imo) it's relegated to a backup option for me. Tampa for the full meet is all I use it for with Monmouth and Woodbine occasionally.
I never can quite understand how United Kingdom x players can play the NYRA races but jersey players cannot.

It’s a mystery.

Allan
Old 09-04-2018, 08:36 PM   #6
Mike_412

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
I never can quite understand how United Kingdom x players can play the NYRA races but jersey players cannot.

It’s a mystery.

Allan

It's very frustrating
Old 09-04-2018, 08:53 PM   #7
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post

It’s a mystery.

Allan
Allan do you know why NJ players cannot use other account wagering providers, other than that "it is the law" i.e., is it part of the deal TVG struck w/Mth? Or why we can't use NJ Bets out of state? It sucks when you go to another track and can't use the account wagering. I've asked my State Senator to look into this but he unsurprisingly hasn't gotten back to me!
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2018, 08:34 AM   #8
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Allan do you know why NJ players cannot use other account wagering providers, other than that "it is the law" i.e., is it part of the deal TVG struck w/Mth? Or why we can't use NJ Bets out of state? It sucks when you go to another track and can't use the account wagering. I've asked my State Senator to look into this but he unsurprisingly hasn't gotten back to me!
Yet some more mystery. I wish I knew. you used to be able to use your TVG account out of state then mysteriously Geolocation software is added. I dont want to break the law, yet sometimes Jersey laws frustrate the hell out of me. I should be able to bet the exchange and TVG with my account anywhere in the world. Its only 2018. I cant be to help the NJ racetracks as it costs them money when I am at the Breeders Cup out of state and have to place bets with the locals instead of NJBETS. (which I much rather do as it helps the Jersey horsemen).

The laws are in place cause politicians aint horseplayers and dont understand.

Allan

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: