Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-08-2021, 09:05 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The origin of COVID: Did people or nature open Pandora’s box at Wuhan?

https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-...-box-at-wuhan/

Fantastic (and long) article. Very much worth reading.

Quote:
Virologists like Daszak had much at stake in the assigning of blame for the pandemic. For 20 years, mostly beneath the public’s attention, they had been playing a dangerous game. In their laboratories they routinely created viruses more dangerous than those that exist in nature. They argued that they could do so safely, and that by getting ahead of nature they could predict and prevent natural “spillovers,” the cross-over of viruses from an animal host to people. If SARS2 had indeed escaped from such a laboratory experiment, a savage blowback could be expected, and the storm of public indignation would affect virologists everywhere, not just in China. “It would shatter the scientific edifice top to bottom,” an MIT Technology Review editor, Antonio Regalado, said in March 2020.
Quote:
If the case that SARS2 originated in a lab is so substantial, why isn’t this more widely known? As may now be obvious, there are many people who have reason not to talk about it. The list is led, of course, by the Chinese authorities. But virologists in the United States and Europe have no great interest in igniting a public debate about the gain-of-function experiments that their community has been pursuing for years.

Nor have other scientists stepped forward to raise the issue. Government research funds are distributed on the advice of committees of scientific experts drawn from universities. Anyone who rocks the boat by raising awkward political issues runs the risk that their grant will not be renewed and their research career will be ended. Maybe good behavior is rewarded with the many perks that slosh around the distribution system. And if you thought that Andersen and Daszak might have blotted their reputation for scientific objectivity after their partisan attacks on the lab escape scenario, look at the second and third names on this list of recipients of an $82 million grant announced by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in August 2020.

The US government shares a strange common interest with the Chinese authorities: Neither is keen on drawing attention to the fact that Shi’s coronavirus work was funded by the US National Institutes of Health. One can imagine the behind-the-scenes conversation in which the Chinese government says, “If this research was so dangerous, why did you fund it, and on our territory too?” To which the US side might reply, “Looks like it was you who let it escape. But do we really need to have this discussion in public?”

Fauci is a longtime public servant who served with integrity under President Trump and has resumed leadership in the Biden Administration in handling the COVID-19 epidemic. Congress, no doubt understandably, may have little appetite for hauling him over the coals for the apparent lapse of judgment in funding gain-of-function research in Wuhan.

To these serried walls of silence must be added that of the mainstream media. To my knowledge, no major newspaper or television network has yet provided readers with an in-depth news story of the lab escape scenario, such as the one you have just read, although some have run brief editorials or opinion pieces. One might think that any plausible origin of a virus that has killed three million people would merit a serious investigation. Or that the wisdom of continuing gain-of-function research, regardless of the virus’s origin, would be worth some probing. Or that the funding of gain-of-function research by the NIH and NIAID during a moratorium on such research would bear investigation. What accounts for the media’s apparent lack of curiosity?
Old 05-08-2021, 09:08 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Related article from WaPo:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...a01_story.html

No paywall: https://archive.fo/3izhn
Old 05-08-2021, 09:09 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

And another:

https://mtracey.substack.com/p/as-ne...rges-for-covid
Old 05-08-2021, 09:41 PM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Great thread
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2021, 09:49 PM   #5
TJDave

I believe that it’s possible the Wuhan lab was the origin of COVID 19. I also believe that if true its release wasn’t intentional.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:04 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Now is a good time to remember this attempt to bamboozle and bullshit the public:

Fauci doesn't get what they are talking about? LOL

HE FUNDS EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT...GAIN OF FUNCTION, IN THE LAB

This clip should be played everywhere, and destroy whatever is left of this man's credibility.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-08-2021 at 10:14 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2021, 10:05 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I believe that it’s possible the Wuhan lab was the origin of COVID 19. I also believe that if true its release wasn’t intentional.
Nobody said a word about intentions.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:22 PM   #8
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I did.
Old 05-09-2021, 02:45 AM   #9
xtb

Quote:

Perhaps you missed this from another thread.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ators-say.html

Last edited by xtb; 05-09-2021 at 02:47 AM.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 03:07 AM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The People's Liberation Army...weren't they in Life of Brian?
Old 05-09-2021, 03:29 AM   #11
xtb

Quote:
The People's Liberation Army...weren't they in Life of Brian?
No, they are bigger than us.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 07:06 AM   #12
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
I will. Orchestrated and financed by the same power-hungry hate mongers destroying this country, and anyone that threatens their objectives. The fingerprints are numerous, but like the phony election, nobody dares to intervene and do anything.
This virus has far too many irregularities when compared to any other. When the complexity defies nature, there can only be one reason.
People need to wake up!!
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 07:20 AM   #13
boxcar

Quote:
I did.
Well, then, since you brought up that aspect of the CCP virus, how about motive? This virus just coincidentally escaped a year out from U.S. elections? And both the CCP and the left hated Trump with a passion. And then after it was detected hardcore leftists like Pelosi, Schumer, Cuomo, etc. told everyone this was nothing to see. Nothing to worry about. Not a big deal. Go out and have a good time -- and don't worry if you pick up some covid cooties. You remember all this, right?
Old 05-09-2021, 11:44 AM   #14
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
I will. Orchestrated and financed by the same power-hungry hate mongers destroying this country, and anyone that threatens their objectives. The fingerprints are numerous, but like the phony election, nobody dares to intervene and do anything.
This virus has far too many irregularities when compared to any other. When the complexity defies nature, there can only be one reason.
People need to wake up!!
Amen!
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 12:23 PM   #15
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
People need to wake up!!
Yup, the Dimwits and the CCP teamed up (colluded to take out Trump. It's really that simple.