Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #196
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

If anyone should be able to deal with classified information in whatever way he deems appropriate (and is legal), it should be the President of the United States.

If what he did wasn't illegal, then there shouldn't be any problem.

Is what he did illegal? If not, end of story.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #197
classhandicapper

I have reached the point where I literally understand how world leaders who are otherwise intelligent and sane have resorted to closing down newspapers and having people in the press arrested, or even worse, assassinated. I used to think it was behavior that reflected a very sick mind. Not any more.

Freedom of the press is just another idealistic illusion that has permanently been shattered for me.

It assumes that the press is working in the best interests of the United States and US citizens by informing people in an objective and unbiased fashion so they can make informed decisions. It assumes political disagreements are simply honest well meaning people coming to different conclusions after looking at the same set of facts or because they have different priorities.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Most of the people in the media are lying scumbags working to advance the personal, political, and economic agendas of whoever is in power.

They will lie, cheat, steal, mislead, destroy well meaning people, cover for the corrupt, cover for people that are guilty of murder, sexual assaults against minors, drug trafficking, human trafficking, crimes against humanity in war and conflict, and every other atrocity man has every perpetrated on another living soul if it will advance the political agenda of those in power.

I cannot imagine a more deceptive and intrinsically immoral institution than the US media. It simply does not exist. All other evil is out in the open and well understood. The evil of the media is masqueraded as a positive and protector when what it really is deceptive evil.

Rant done.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 05-16-2017 at 01:08 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #198
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
If what he did wasn't illegal, then there shouldn't be any problem.
Is what he did illegal? If not, end of story.
I'm sure that's great comfort to both the source of the intelligence and the US intelligence community, who hadn't authorized it to be shared with allies let alone friggin Russia.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ence-community

Quote:
He gave that information—which came from an ally as part of what The Washington Post describes as “an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government”—to an adversary, Russia.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #199
woodtoo

Great rant, true on all points.
This will also change in due time as people continue to see through their obvious deceptions and outright lies.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 01:14 PM   #200
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
I'm sure that's great comfort to both the source of the intelligence and the US intelligence community, who hadn't authorized it to be shared with allies let alone friggin Russia.

When it comes to Trump, it usually takes a while for the actual whole truth to come out, and when it does, it gets buried on page 16 or thereabouts...so I will wait a little bit to find out what the real story is.

Trump likes to troll the media with fake news, and they bite every time. So far, everything has turned out to be a dud...I suspect this will as well.

But keep hoping...and keep biting!
Old 05-16-2017, 01:15 PM   #201
woodtoo

Quote:

He warned the Russians of an imminent terrorist threat to save innocent civilian's of death and destruction but, meh it is the evil Russian people
who deserve this right Dan ? Unauthorized help for the innocent is not allowed.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:18 PM   #202
Clocker

Quote:
He gave that information—which came from an ally as part of what The Washington Post describes as “an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government”—to an adversary, Russia.
The Washington Compost knows this how? Perhaps they should share their source for this information in order to give it credibility.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:30 PM   #203
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
The Washington Compost knows this how? Perhaps they should share their source for this information in order to give it credibility.
Yeah, just FYI.. nobody, including the WH, is saying this story is "not credible".
Old 05-16-2017, 01:31 PM   #204
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Impossible to name a source where there is none.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #205
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Yeah, just FYI.. nobody, including the WH, is saying this story is "not credible".
Maybe this was Trump's way of saying he'll be "more flexible" with the Russians...you know...like Obama did...

Are you saying this is a far worse transgression than what Obama did with Iran? Cash for hostages...you remember that one? Oh and the Iran deal with the nukes...that was pretty cool too...turning out real well.

And Bill Clinton's deal with North Korea...that worked out pretty well also.

All these Dem blunders you turn blind eyes towards, but Trump talks about something with the Russians, and now the world has to end.

You aren't fooling ANYONE. And come 2020, you'll realize this again.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:46 PM   #206
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Maybe this was Trump's way of saying he'll be "more flexible" with the Russians...you know...like Obama did...

Are you saying this is a far worse transgression than what Obama did with Iran? Cash for hostages...you remember that one? Oh and the Iran deal with the nukes...that was pretty cool too...turning out real well.

And Bill Clinton's deal with North Korea...that worked out pretty well also.

All these Dem blunders you turn blind eyes towards, but Trump talks about something with the Russians, and now the world has to end.

You aren't fooling ANYONE. And come 2020, you'll realize this again.
He went to the Hillary Clinton Constitutional University don't you know.

Last edited by woodtoo; 05-16-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:15 PM   #207
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The Prez can tell them anything he wants. BFD!
Old 05-16-2017, 04:10 PM   #208
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Once again, the only ones who broke the law are the leakers, giving out classified information. All these leakers are doing is undermining the security of the U.S.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2017, 04:50 PM   #209
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Once again, the only ones who broke the law are the leakers, giving out classified information. All these leakers are doing is undermining the security of the U.S.

Look to the Leaker-In-Chief
Old 05-16-2017, 05:10 PM   #210
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:

Look to the Leaker-In-Chief
You don't believe ISIS is a common enemy and having a common enemy makes different parties allies? Is it better to withhold information which may help your ally to do something you cannot do to destroy the common enemy or give it to your de facto ally?

The only real damage is the leaking of what happened at the meeting.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply