Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:59 AM   #811
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Preach on brutha! When trump said his grandfather was "a typical white person" the press wouldn't let go of that racist bent of his. He deserves no respite from the media.

Oh wait, that was Obama who said that. Why didn't we hear of *his* racist remarks non stop on CNN? Hmmmm...
And that was his grandmother, so he got a pass on being sexist too.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:01 AM   #812
elysiantraveller

Wink

Quote:
Preach on brutha! When trump said his grandfather was "a typical white person" the press wouldn't let go of that racist bent of his. He deserves no respite from the media.

Oh wait, that was Obama who said that. Why didn't we hear of *his* racist remarks non stop on CNN? Hmmmm...
I don't know what it's like to be black or brown or a woman so I do reserve some judgement. I do know what it's like to be white and a male though. Especially one with means... and I know what he said was incredibly ****ing stupid.

If I was any of those above things would I be pissed off? I don't know... maybe. I'm just more annoyed he can't figure out why people in shitholes maybe want to come here.

Ralph is the same guy who posted the story about the Venezuela kid... Yeah why would he want to come here... **** that kid.

The history of immigration in this country is secretly hidden in these things called books and I question whether Trump has read any of them. Most people were escaping shitholes.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:03 AM   #813
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
And that was his grandmother, so he got a pass on being sexist too.
Obama's granddaddy couldn't reign in his wife? Damn, that weak assed shit got passed down thru the generations didn't it !
Old 01-12-2018, 01:04 AM   #814
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
But it is demeaning and insulting to the people who are born into that situation and are stuck there and are busting their butts making the best of it they can. And the crudeness of the remark detracts from the respect for the office of the president.
No argument here...
Old 01-12-2018, 01:08 AM   #815
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I don't know what it's like to be black or brown or a woman so I do reserve some judgement. I do know what it's like to be white and a male though. Especially one with means... and I know what he said was incredibly ****ing stupid.

If I was any of those above things would I be pissed off? I don't know... maybe. I'm just more annoyed he can't figure out why people in shitholes maybe want to come here.

Ralph is the same guy who posted the story about the Venezuela kid... Yeah why would he want to come here... **** that kid.

The history of immigration in this country is secretly hidden in these things called books and I question whether Trump has read any of them. Most people were escaping shitholes.
It's 2018, not 1898. Different economy. Different world.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:13 AM   #816
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
It beats a shithole dream. Wouldn't you agree?

I worked at a company that hired Mexican employees with advanced degrees. They would be the first to call parts of their homeland a shithole. People (liberals) need to get a grip and stop with the vaginal aching.
Same experience here.

Quote:
Wake me up when the White House holds its next cross burning. Until then, you're just a dog barking at passing trains.
Nice......
Old 01-12-2018, 01:14 AM   #817
Clocker

Quote:
Damn, that weak assed shit got passed down thru the generations didn't it !
Is that a slam at Obama's Mom Jeans, and/or an insinuation as to who wears the pants in that family?
Old 01-12-2018, 01:14 AM   #818
elysiantraveller

Quote:
It's 2018, not 1898. Different economy. Different world.
No, it's not.

It's still markets, goods, and people.

People, the issue here, are still driven by wealth, opportunity, and prosperity so they seek better markets and goods. Exactly why they want to come here.

The American Dream... surely the MAGA President can figure that out.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:17 AM   #819
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Haven't seen this much defensiveness since the Pittsburgh Steelers Steel Curtain of the 1970's. :

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 01-12-2018 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:22 AM   #820
ElKabong

In the words of Howard cosell , "he's just telling it (pause for effect) like it is"
Old 01-12-2018, 01:43 AM   #821
hcap

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/122708...racism-history

"The very first time that Trump appeared in the pages of the New York Times, back in the 1970s, was when the US Department of Justice sued him for racial discrimination. Since then, he has repeatedly appeared in newspaper pages across the world as he inspired more similar controversies.

The latest came in remarks surfaced by the Washington Post. Talking about immigration from Haiti and African countries, Trump asked, "Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?" He suggested that America should allow more people from countries like Norway instead. The implication is very clear: The people coming from predominantly black countries are bad, while the people coming from predominantly white countries are good."

.Then 1989: In a controversial case that’s been characterized as a modern-day lynching, four black teenagers and one Latino teenager — the "Central Park Five" — were accused of attacking and raping a jogger in New York City. Trump immediately took charge in the case, running an ad in local papers demanding, "BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY. BRING BACK OUR POLICE!" The teens’ convictions were later vacated after they spent seven to 13 years in prison, and the city paid $41 million in a settlement to the teens. But Trump in October 2016 said he still believes they’re guilty, despite the DNA evidence to the contrary.

Hell, hr made his political bones bullshitting about Obama's Birtherism which was supported here by many
Old 01-12-2018, 02:07 AM   #822
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/122708...racism-history

"The very first time that Trump appeared in the pages of the New York Times, back in the 1970s, was when the US Department of Justice sued him for racial discrimination.

here by many
Since anybody can sue anybody in this country, let us all know the outcome of the trial. Was he found guilty of discrimination?
Old 01-12-2018, 02:31 AM   #823
hcap

Quote:
Since anybody can sue anybody in this country, let us all know the outcome of the trial. Was he found guilty of discrimination?
https://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/49595...imination-case

It was settled. The Justice Department sued Donald Trump, his father, Fred, and Trump Management in order to obtain a settlement in which Trump and his father would promise not to discriminate. The case eventually was settled two years later after Trump tried to countersue the Justice Department for $100 million for making false statements. Those allegations were dismissed by the court.

Washington Post reporter Michael Kranish, co-author of the book Trump Revealed, tells NPR's Robert Siegel that the Justice Department considered the case "one of the most significant race bias cases" at the time.

"They signed what was called a consent order," Kranish says. "Trump fought the case for two years. ... He says it was very easy, but actually he fought the case for two years."

The Trumps took essentially the first settlement offer the federal government provided, Kranish says; the Trumps did not, in fact, have to admit guilt in settling the suit.

"[The settlement] required the Trumps to place ads in newspapers saying that they welcomed black applicants," Kranish says. "It said that the Trumps would familiarize themselves with the Fair Housing Act, which prohibited discrimination. So it also specifically said they don't admit wrongdoing, but they did have to take several measures that the Trumps had fought for two years not to take."Trump claims the Justice Department lawsuit was just one of many housing cases against many landlords, but Kranish says this description is misleading.

"Well, there were cases brought against various companies, but the point here is that Trump has said in the debate — and he also told me when I interviewed him at Trump Tower earlier this year — that this was part of one massive suit." Kranish says, "And in fact, this very specifically is a case that charges Donald Trump, Fred Trump and their company of race bias in housing rentals. ... It was one of the largest cases of the time. ...

Yes anybody can sue anybody, but the DOJ is not just anyone and not a clear outcome.

HOW ABOUT birtherism or the black kids exonerated in the NEW YORK JOGGER CASE? Clear evidence Dorfman takes advantage and lies big time about his racism? Or the other incidents in the first article I posted?

Preponderance of the evidence is overwhelming.

Last edited by hcap; 01-12-2018 at 02:34 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:35 AM   #824
ElKabong

So trump wasn't actually found guilty in a court of law in regards to racial descrimination. Interesting.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:44 AM   #825
hcap

Quote:
So trump wasn't actually found guilty in a court of law in regards to racial descrimination. Interesting.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.da97e3c0af4e

When a black woman asked to rent an apartment in a Brooklyn complex managed by Donald Trump’s real estate company, she said she was told that nothing was available. A short time later, a white woman who made the same request was invited to choose between two available apartments.

The two would-be renters on that July 1972 day were actually undercover “testers” for a *government-sanctioned investigation to determine whether Trump Management Inc. discriminated against minorities seeking housing at properties across Brooklyn and Queens.

Federal investigators also gathered evidence. Trump employees had secretly marked the applications of minorities with codes, such as “No. 9” and “C” for “colored,” according to government interview accounts filed in federal court. The employees allegedly directed blacks and Puerto Ricans away from buildings with mostly white tenants, and steered them toward properties that had many minorities, the government filings alleged.

Once again

Quote:
HOW ABOUT birtherism or the black kids exonerated in the NEW YORK JOGGER CASE? Clear evidence Dorfman takes advantage and lies big time about his racism? Or the other incidents in the first article I posted?

Preponderance of the evidence is overwhelming.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: