Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-03-2016, 06:56 PM   #31
chadk66

there are tens of thousands of miles of pipelines in this country. it is so far and away the safest way to transport this stuff that it isn't even worth discussing.

paragraph lol. I need to make a full disclosure regarding my large post. I work in the oil field. However, I have an uncle and cousins that are native american. one cousin actually taught school on this very reservation this is going on at. These people are some of my most beloved relatives. My uncle is the most successful native american attorney in history. worked in the bureau of indian affairs under Jimmy Carter. Then started his own law firm in Boulder. Has been given so many awards for his achievements for native americans it's ridiculous. His nephew is the legal counsel for the tribe that is fighting this pipeline. So I have feet in both pools in this. So I will only tell it like it is because I won't disrespect my family. Nothing I say regarding this is of an racist means. It just is what it is.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2016, 07:45 PM   #32
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
there are tens of thousands of miles of pipelines in this country. it is so far and away the safest way to transport this stuff that it isn't even worth discussing.
Agreed and worth repeating.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2016, 10:50 PM   #33
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Agreed and worth repeating.
Worth repeating that it isn't worth discussing?
Old 12-04-2016, 10:27 AM   #34
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Worth repeating that it isn't worth discussing?
Thath the worth joke you've ever thaid here.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #35
elysiantraveller

Quote:
The...y words.
Quoting the world's largest run-on paragraph.

Where are you getting all this stuff?

I finally felt like getting educated on this thing yesterday and am just wondering where your info is coming from. Not looking to argue. From what I can gather there has been some corporate steamrolling but the tribes also squandered ample opportunity to raise stink sooner.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2016, 04:52 PM   #36
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller

I finally felt like getting educated on this thing yesterday and am just wondering where your info is coming from. Not looking to argue. From what I can gather there has been some corporate steamrolling but the tribes also squandered ample opportunity to raise stink sooner.
numerous sources. Uncle and cousins that are enrolled members of the Three Affiliated Tribes. the cousins spent a couple days there and got the hell out. Said it was a powder keg and it has gotten way out of hand. Also have a buddy I grew up with that works for Morton county sheriff's dept. There have been numerous law enforcement press conferences on this. A former co-worker of my wife works for the ACOE in Riverdale which overseas the whole reservoir which this is happening on. There are countless articles on the whole process that took place for the previous three years. Law enforcement has released numerous videos showing the behavior of the group and all the damage to property. have other friends that are enrolled members of the sioux tribe that started this whole shit show. they don't even want any part of it anymore. tribal elders can't get em to leave. just watched a press conference today regarding these veterans that have showed up. law enforcement have people inside the camps and they are telling them that the intention is to have the vets up on front line, many have PTSD, and the underlings will try to agitate the vets into starting a physical confrontation. they think the PTSD vets will fire on law enforcement and that will lead to law enforcement taking a bunch down. This will lead to national outcry against the pipeline. It's the only prayer they have to stop this. Although they better hurry, it's being bored as we speak.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:54 PM   #37
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller

not sure what you mean about corporate steamrolling. there were around 300 permits that had to be obtained for this whole ordeal. they offered the tribe 9-10 million to go through a small section of the rez. they countered with 50 million. so they went to plan B which was already in place. you don't steam roll the ACOE. Not sure if you've ever dealt with them but I have on many occasions. Trust me there was no steam rolling going on.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:09 PM   #38
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Obama just shut the pipeline down.

Indians win!!

Not Cleveland.......
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2016, 06:03 PM   #39
davew

just slowed, for new options
I propose a new administration as an option - a few more weeks
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2016, 06:24 PM   #40
chadk66

this was fully expected. Obama will go out looking like a hero. Jan. 20th Trump will EO this and the XL and things will go on as planned. I don't think anybody here had any other expectations.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:43 PM   #41
chadk66

rumor in the oil patch is that the pipeline construction company is going to bore the bitch anyway. they'll pay the fines. they have a certain date the pipeline needs to be running or they pay liquid damages to the owner of the pipeline company. the liquid damages is far greater than the fines for boring it. besides they have the original permit the corp issued for it before obama made them renig. and there isn't a court in the land that is going to find in favor of the corp after 1600 miles of pipeline have been put in already to the tune of well over a billion dollars. because you and I will be paying for that if that happens.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:39 PM   #42
Greyfox

CNN said this afternoon that the pipeline will be re-routed.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:41 PM   #43
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
CNN said this afternoon that the pipeline will be re-routed.
they don't know shit. corp stopped the permit today. but it sounds like the company is boring it anyway. they'll gladly pay the fines. they will pay liquid damages if the pipeline isn't operational by a certain date. those are much higher than the fines. and they know on Jan20th. they will get a permit anyway. and the Keystone XL will start up on Jan 21st too or shortly thereafter.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:45 PM   #44
Greyfox

(CNN)The Army will not approve an easement that would allow the proposed Dakota Access Pipeline to cross under Lake Oahe in North Dakota, the Army's assistant secretary for civil works announced Sunday.

Jo-Ellen Darcy said she based her decision on a need to explore alternate routes for the pipeline crossing. This comes three weeks after a November 14 announcement from her office that delayed the decision after protests from the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and their supporters.
"Although we have had continuing discussion and exchanges of new information with the Standing Rock Sioux and Dakota Access, it's clear that there's more work to do," Darcy said in her statement. "The best way to complete that work responsibly and expeditiously is to explore alternate routes for the pipeline crossing."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/04/politi...ine/index.html
Old 12-04-2016, 10:50 PM   #45
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
they don't know shit. corp stopped the permit today. but it sounds like the company is boring it anyway. they'll gladly pay the fines. they will pay liquid damages if the pipeline isn't operational by a certain date. those are much higher than the fines. and they know on Jan20th. they will get a permit anyway. and the Keystone XL will start up on Jan 21st too or shortly thereafter.
What do you mean they'll bore anyway? How can they do that? This isn't paying a fine for flying a flag or not removing snow from your sidewalk. Boring into the land is a pretty permanent damage, if you will, to the land. I can't see that they can just bore anyway without being stopped.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply