Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-18-2021, 09:43 PM   #6601
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Let's see if this discovery will persuade the Roman Catholic priests to stop molesting little boys.
Obviously God doesn’t care or he would stop them. He’s also not particularly concerned about children dying from starvation. Even stopping microscopic parasites from blinding his “creation” is apparently above his pay grade.

In short, God is an incompetent asshole.
Old 03-19-2021, 09:09 AM   #6602
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Obviously God doesn’t care or he would stop them. He’s also not particularly concerned about children dying from starvation. Even stopping microscopic parasites from blinding his “creation” is apparently above his pay grade.

If you cannot repent of your sins, seeing all the misery, suffering and sorrow in this fallen world, what makes you think you would repent if the world was all peaches and cream?
Old 03-19-2021, 11:10 AM   #6603
boxcar

This is a thought-provoking vid -- longer than the last one. In this we see two scientists -- one with a Ph.D in biology and the other with a Ph.D in chemistry discussing DNA. It gets really interesting at about the 14:30 mark which begins the discussion of what came first: DNA or Proteins? However, neither can exist without the other, so this presents the classical Chicken and Egg dilemma.

Old 03-19-2021, 02:46 PM   #6604
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post

If Boxcar's version of "God" is the actual reality, then you are right...God is either an "incompetent asshole", or a heartless sadist. But Boxcar's religious views have NOTHING to do with reality, IMO. As far as I am concerned, the Christian God can be held blameless...because he doesn't exist. The Christians got it backwards. God didn't create man. MAN created God.

Last edited by thaskalos; 03-19-2021 at 03:00 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2021, 04:58 PM   #6605
boxcar

Quote:
If Boxcar's version of "God" is the actual reality, then you are right...God is either an "incompetent asshole", or a heartless sadist.
Or the biggest champion of free will ever. He'll give mankind all the rope they want to hang themselves.

Quote:
But Boxcar's religious views have NOTHING to do with reality, IMO. As far as I am concerned, the Christian God can be held blameless...because he doesn't exist. The Christians got it backwards. God didn't create man. MAN created God.
But foolish speculations aside, the bible has it right: The FOOL says in his heart there is no God.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:11 PM   #6606
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Or the biggest champion of free will ever. He'll give mankind all the rope they want to hang themselves.
Yeah...sure. When little kids die of cancer or starvation...they are exercising their "free will".
Old 03-19-2021, 05:29 PM   #6607
boxcar

Quote:
Yeah...sure. When little kids die of cancer or starvation...they are exercising their "free will".
When mankind sins, we are exercising our free will. And sin, by its very nature is destructive both to the sinner and to others.
Old 03-19-2021, 06:03 PM   #6608
thaskalos

Quote:
When mankind sins, we are exercising our free will. And sin, by its very nature is destructive both to the sinner and to others.
Boxcar...you and I will never agree on things, so it's useless to keep talking to each other. Your "God" is something that's totally foreign to me, and I want nothing to do with him. I don't give a shit about this "holiness" nonsense that you surround your God with. "Holiness" means nothing to me...all I believe in is JUSTICE. If you harm me in some way, then I am gonna come after YOU...I'm not gonna take my anger out on your small child. Even the MAFIA doesn't stoop as low as to hurt someone's kids. If mankind is "sinning", and you are a God who needs to display your "holiness"...then punish the SINNERS...and leave the small children alone. Watch those unfortunate kids in those St. Jude Hospital commercials, who ask for money so they could be cured of that heinous disease...and tell me what "sin" these little kids have committed to justify their pain and suffering. And, what sort of "holiness" is your God exhibiting by allowing such travesties to take place?
Old 03-19-2021, 06:37 PM   #6609
boxcar

Quote:
Boxcar...you and I will never agree on things, so it's useless to keep talking to each other. Your "God" is something that's totally foreign to me, and I want nothing to do with him. I don't give a shit about this "holiness" nonsense that you surround your God with. "Holiness" means nothing to me...all I believe in is JUSTICE. If you harm me in some way, then I am gonna come after YOU...I'm not gonna take my anger out on your small child. Even the MAFIA doesn't stoop as low as to hurt someone's kids. If mankind is "sinning", and you are a God who needs to display your "holiness"...then punish the SINNERS...and leave the small children alone. Watch those unfortunate kids in those St. Jude Hospital commercials, who ask for money so they could be cured of that heinous disease...and tell me what "sin" these little kids have committed to justify their pain and suffering. And, what sort of "holiness" is your God exhibiting by allowing such travesties to take place?
As I told Hcap once, the wicked do not understand justice (Prov 28:5), and this is precisely because evil men do not want to understand God's holiness, which you just admitted.

Have a nice evening, sir.
Old 03-19-2021, 07:10 PM   #6610
thaskalos

Quote:
As I told Hcap once, the wicked do not understand justice (Prov 28:5), and this is precisely because evil men do not want to understand God's holiness, which you just admitted.

Have a nice evening, sir.
Your usual fundamentalist tap dance.
Old 03-19-2021, 07:45 PM   #6611
boxcar

Quote:
Your usual fundamentalist tap dance.
Your typical rejection of scripture.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:16 PM   #6612
porchy44

Quote:
I want nothing to do with him..... If you harm me in some way, then I am gonna come after YOU...I'm not gonna take my anger out on your small child. ......
You say you want nothing to do with GOD. You see, "free will", your not a robot. How do you reconcile the above to 1945 ?

Last edited by porchy44; 03-19-2021 at 10:17 PM.
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2021, 08:59 AM   #6613
boxcar

The Most Important Question in Life

Who Is God?

https://www.desiringgod.org/intervie...ource=hs_email
Old 03-21-2021, 11:38 AM   #6614
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
GREAT...the Israeli scientists have proven the existence of God. Let's see if this discovery will persuade the Roman Catholic priests to stop molesting little boys.
Wait...only Roman Catholic clergy molest children?

No other religions suffer from this scourge?
Old 03-21-2021, 01:05 PM   #6615
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Wait...only Roman Catholic clergy molest children?

No other religions suffer from this scourge?
All religions have their share but Catholics are particularly famous for it.

For obvious reasons.