Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-03-2020, 01:59 PM   #601
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

But is he wearing a "mask?"
Old 06-05-2020, 06:18 PM   #602
Suff
Beat up 💪

Saratoga Box Office not selling tickets.

I found a small hole to squeeze into though. I'm going fans or no fans.

But on the off-chance that they allow limited fans, I was able to buy a 2020 season ticket. This might be a play & it was only a $59 risk.

I have plan B's & plan C's that are situation dependent once I get boots on the ground.

2020 boys.

Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2020, 06:37 PM   #603
classhandicapper

I'm hearing that restaurants in Saratoga are open with outdoor seating and business is pretty good.

I'm a little surprised, but the area has had very few cases so far.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:56 PM   #604
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm hearing that restaurants in Saratoga are open with outdoor seating and business is pretty good.

I'm a little surprised, but the area has had very few cases so far.
Yea. I've been twisting people's arms to go anyway. I can sit in Siro's all day and play. That's ok for me. But there's dozen of other spots I can sit and get plenty of Saratoga into me.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:09 PM   #605
Suff
Beat up 💪

Every piece of good news on this subject is AUTOMATICALLY UPGRADED BY A FACTOR OF 10 with respect Saratoga.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:56 AM   #606
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Devil’s Advocate

I don't know Suff.

Pro: Good restaurants will be open for business and many with outdoor seating.
Con: It does rain, at which case you'd have to go inside which might be OK for you.

Pro: You'll be out of the oppressive Florida heat.
Con: Could be just as hot in Saratoga springs. Remember the last two years?

Pro: You'll be able to sit in Siro's all day and play.
Con: That can get boring quick, I'd rather sit on the porch of a deluxe Airbnb or in the lanai of my own home. Play from my laptop and be able to take a nap, take a walk (then come back).

Pro: Saratoga Springs has very few covid19 cases.
Con: What goes around, comes around. It’s going to hit everywhere eventually.

Pro: There are plenty of other things to do in the area.
Con: Without the SPA and the SPAC, it’s just another Ballston Spa. Would you ever stay there for a summer? (if the SPA wasn't running) Unless you like fishing and mountain hiking, in which case, you'd be better off further north lile Lake George or above.

Of course all this changes if you can get admitted to the track, but I’d have to think that’s a longshot at this point especially with all of the no-social-distancing protests currently happening.

Hope I'm wrong!
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2020, 01:37 AM   #607
highernote

We should know in a couple weeks if it is safe for fans to attend live races en masse. The BLM protests have drawn huge crowds. If wearing a mask prevents the spread of covid-19 to the protesters then it's probably safe to open up the Spa to the public.

If there is a spike in covid-19 cases among protesters then that could shut out racing from from attending live races.

It was a large parade in Philadelphia in 1918 that caused a spike in Spanish Flu cases.

So we'll know soon.
highernote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2020, 02:05 AM   #608
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by highernote View Post
We should know in a couple weeks if it is safe for fans to attend live races en masse. The BLM protests have drawn huge crowds. If wearing a mask prevents the spread of covid-19 to the protesters then it's probably safe to open up the Spa to the public.

If there is a spike in covid-19 cases among protesters then that could shut out racing from from attending live races.

It was a large parade in Philadelphia in 1918 that caused a spike in Spanish Flu cases.

So we'll know soon.
There has been a spike in my area since the opening. Could be more testing and a combination of more interaction.

I can tell you that people have really relaxed with wearing masks, hardly even see it now.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2020, 02:12 AM   #609
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
I don't know Suff.

Pro: Good restaurants will be open for business and many with outdoor seating.
Con: It does rain, at which case you'd have to go inside which might be OK for you.

Pro: You'll be out of the oppressive Florida heat.
Con: Could be just as hot in Saratoga springs. Remember the last two years?

Pro: You'll be able to sit in Siro's all day and play.
Con: That can get boring quick, I'd rather sit on the porch of a deluxe Airbnb or in the lanai of my own home. Play from my laptop and be able to take a nap, take a walk (then come back).

Pro: Saratoga Springs has very few covid19 cases.
Con: What goes around, comes around. It’s going to hit everywhere eventually.

Pro: There are plenty of other things to do in the area.
Con: Without the SPA and the SPAC, it’s just another Ballston Spa. Would you ever stay there for a summer? (if the SPA wasn't running) Unless you like fishing and mountain hiking, in which case, you'd be better off further north lile Lake George or above.

Of course all this changes if you can get admitted to the track, but I’d have to think that’s a longshot at this point especially with all of the no-social-distancing protests currently happening.

Hope I'm wrong!
Its one day at a time right now. I say I’m going, but the next 5-6 weeks will be the final determination. I sense that the people that do go will improvise. It could be awesome in a way you or I can’t envision.

The airbnb thing is in play. I just checked it. There are slim pickings available. Perhaps many listings are not published due to virus concerns or sold out. For my dates , 8/12 to 8/21 there’s less than 6 listings within walking distance.

The embassy suites, where I’m reserved, has a very popular restaurant- lounge in the lobby. Its been a hub after the races so it will likely be a hub+ this year.

Embassy suites is nice, I have living room & bedroom...but, no balconies in the hotel.

I’m thinking of driving up as well. That’ll give me freedom to explore & discover.

Lake george always a nice stop.

Thanks for pros-cons.

You’re right though, just to get on the road in August is +.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:15 PM   #610
Suff
Beat up 💪

Saratoga Special

I just got this text. I only know these people from Saratoga. They’re from western ny. But every year we text june-july and plan to play some races together. Saratoga is very special to me because of the people.

I hope I get there.

Old 06-10-2020, 10:01 PM   #611
Suff
Beat up 💪

Saratoga Harness opens this week.

Delaware Park also, w/spectators
Old 06-12-2020, 05:15 PM   #612
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

The Siro’s Dining Room Will Not Open for the 2020 Saratoga Racing Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post

https://saratogaliving.com/siros-not...racing-season/

Not a biggie since their outdoor section is large enough to handle their customers. As long as the track isn't open to thousands of fans.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg siros01.jpg (226.0 KB, 7 views)
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2020, 12:14 AM   #613
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
As long as the track isn't open to thousands of fans.
God no, we wouldn't want that, now would we?
Old 06-16-2020, 02:37 PM   #614
Suff
Beat up 💪

h/t Saratoga Chamber of Commerce.

Sign has been updated. NYRA makes it official. Racing in Saratoga Springs, NY July 16th - September 7th.

Old 06-16-2020, 04:09 PM   #615
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
What is it about you and your organization that thinks that Saratoga is an exception to all the country's health rules?

I know a lot about what the GOVERNMENT is doing. And since the reason your employer hasn't run a single horse race for a long time and won't until next month is the government, I would think that's the more relevant expertise than how Saratoga works.

Saratoga is going to face the same obstacles as ANY sport that seeks to move around to different venues, plus the particular issue of a move from NYC which is ground zero here.
Given that the entire state of New York had a total of 25 Covid deaths in each of the past 2 days (per Cuomo news conference) and hospitalizations are at a low, is health really a concern for running a Saratoga meet?

As for fans, if a person attended a party at the Lake of the Ozarks or participated in any large protests, looting and or rioting they should all have the green light to attend the races.