Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 05-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Equifan

TwinSpires TV 5/26/12

Looks like TwinSpires TV are still having their problems. I've tried logging out.in, switching browsers, ect, Nothing doing.

Individual video links seem OK but TSTV has me hooked on using the program to find Key races
Equifan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Equifan

Simple fix - post problem on Pace Advantage, Voilą, problem fixed!!
Old 05-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Try this.

I called Verizon FIOS late last night. Trying to add TVG and HRTV to my plan. The on screen menu says it's available for 3 bucks a month. It won't let me authorize it on screen due to a network error. "Call support"

I want it for the last few months I am in this house/Belmont etc.

I get through to a nice young lady who cannot find it on their menu.

Then I get transferred to some dude who found it but cannot figure out how to add it. I get another guy who tells me that it's not available in my area ?

When they wanted to transfer me to someone else........ i told them to shove it.

So I guess I am stuck with Twinspires on the Apple TV via the Ipad.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
Zydeco

ralph, I have fios and i had to order the sports package for like 9 dollars a month to get hrtv and tvg. Now I have the ultimate HD package and they are included.
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zydeco
ralph, I have fios and i had to order the sports package for like 9 dollars a month to get hrtv and tvg. Now I have the ultimate HD package and they are included.
Thanks for the tip. Now I know what to ask for. I guess I will give it another try later.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
fast4522

Perhaps its the $3 add on that has a nop in the system. TVG is part of a $10 add on that gives several other channels in my area. I too had trouble adding TVG on the first attempt, the easy thing to try is a different day and someone else on the phone. TVG's coverage of Belmont is right there but any one of us here on Pace Advantage could do a better job hosting the show than the people doing it now.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
turninforhome10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equifan
Looks like TwinSpires TV are still having their problems. I've tried logging out.in, switching browsers, ect, Nothing doing.

Individual video links seem OK but TSTV has me hooked on using the program to find Key races

Sent an e-mail

Customer By Email 05/26/2012 08:58 PM
What is the problem with the video for those using windows media player. Buffered and very slow. Is this a new standard?

Response

Right now we are experiencing issues with our video. We have notified the right people and they are working on it as we speak, hopefully it will be fixed very shortly. I am sorry for the inconvenience, if you have any other questions or concerns please let me know.

Been working on it all day evidently.
turninforhome10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
molson721

Quote:
Originally Posted by turninforhome10
Sent an e-mail

Customer By Email 05/26/2012 08:58 PM
What is the problem with the video for those using windows media player. Buffered and very slow. Is this a new standard?

Response

Right now we are experiencing issues with our video. We have notified the right people and they are working on it as we speak, hopefully it will be fixed very shortly. I am sorry for the inconvenience, if you have any other questions or concerns please let me know.

Been working on it all day evidently.
I'VE HAD MORE PROBLEMS IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS WITH TWINSPIRES THAN I'VE HAD IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. AFTER THE AWFUL DERBY DAY EXPERIENCE AND NOW WITH THESE CONTINUING PROBLEMS, I'M FINALLY GIVING UP ON THEM AND FINDING ANOTHER WAGERING SERVICE!!! Sorry, I didn't realize I had the caps lock on.
molson721 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

I've also had lots of problems with Twinspires the last couple of weeks, but sometimes it's been Roberts not able to stream the video properly - assuming that when both Twinspires and Xpressbet can't display a video stream it's not their fault.

Yesterday I experienced the "no channels available at this time" error message from TS for the first time, after it had been working earlier in the morning, carrying races from the UK and South Africa. Got that same error again tonight, though the signal was back up before long.

Just sad.
Hoofless_Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #10
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson721
I'VE HAD MORE PROBLEMS IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS WITH TWINSPIRES THAN I'VE HAD IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. AFTER THE AWFUL DERBY DAY EXPERIENCE AND NOW WITH THESE CONTINUING PROBLEMS, I'M FINALLY GIVING UP ON THEM AND FINDING ANOTHER WAGERING SERVICE!!! Sorry, I didn't realize I had the caps lock on.
Good luck with that!!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson721
I'VE HAD MORE PROBLEMS IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS WITH TWINSPIRES THAN I'VE HAD IN THE LAST 2 YEARS. AFTER THE AWFUL DERBY DAY EXPERIENCE AND NOW WITH THESE CONTINUING PROBLEMS, I'M FINALLY GIVING UP ON THEM AND FINDING ANOTHER WAGERING SERVICE!U!! Sorry, I didn't realize I had the caps lock on.
Me too.......
Old 05-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
iceknight

Great start to first race in Belmont today.. Twinspires TV has streaming issues at the final 40 yards of R1. Just great just great! Maybe I should just look at equibase charts a day later.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #13
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceknight
Great start to first race in Belmont today.. Twinspires TV has streaming issues at the final 40 yards of R1. Just great just great! Maybe I should just look at equibase charts a day later.
This suggestion was sent to me after a second technical support request:
The TV seems to be working fine on my computer. I suggest that you log out of your account, delete your temporary internet files/cookies and then restart your web browser. If this does not help, you may need to call customer service and speak with someone in technical support.
Doing that yielded some improvement. However, i am not sure if the improvement was due to me removing ALL the cache on my browser or if it would have worked if I removed selectively only twinspires cookies. However, the video still freezes lot of times right in the stretch.. magical & priceless! So live racing is out of question now, as I hate hanging in suspense for 5 mins over who crossed 1st, 2nd etc.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #14
Equifan

IMO, rather than letting users sit out here - checking connections, rebooting routers, clearing cache's, rebooting systems, etc etc if TS would simply acknowledge when there is a problem, that alone would drop my level of frustration.

Twin Spires, are you listening? Abandon the Ostrich Position!!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #15
dkithore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equifan
IMO, rather than letting users sit out here - checking connections, rebooting routers, clearing cache's, rebooting systems, etc etc if TS would simply acknowledge when there is a problem, that alone would drop my level of frustration.

Twin Spires, are you listening? Abandon the Ostrich Position!!
Is there a better ADW than Twinspires? I hope there is.I am tired of their blue r green screens at critical moments in the racing. At least some of u get response, I didn't have much luck in that department, If they hardly ever respond, they are meaningless finger pointing like, "Roberts Communications did it?"

DK
dkithore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply