Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-19-2018, 10:14 PM   #1
ZippyChippy423
Veteran

Saratoga betting tips

So the last few years at Saratoga ive done pretty well with pick 3’s. I usually look for consecutive jockey or post position wins. So lets say in the first leg of a pick 3 i like post 3 , in the next race i will automatically include post 3
as well as whomever i handicapped. Same goes with jockey. Last leg is always the all button. My common picket 3 ticket looks like this single x three x all. Good luck to everyone this racing season at the Spaaaaaaaaaaaa.
ZippyChippy423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #2
BELMONT 6-6-09

Don't agree with the last leg always being the "ALL " button. Why wouldn't you have an opinion in the race or are you simply trying to make your pick 3 a Double.?
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2018, 01:27 PM   #3
ZippyChippy423
Veteran

All burger in last leg

So many times ive come up with awesome singles that are double
digit payoffs only to get beat in last leg. I wont make that mistake anymore. Ive got Saratoga 1st race 6/69/ all now. The first race already officlal and Santana won so i need the 6 or 9 horse now and will have all in last race.
ZippyChippy423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

More of a handicapping tip, but in 1-1/8 races, it is significant that a horse have performed well around two turn in the past, at least IMHO.
NYRA only offers two -turn dirt races at Aqu/Sar - 9 furlongs or 10, and Belmont, 1-1/2. NYRA horse don't always have the stamina to make it 9 furlongs around two turns.

Case in point, the opener today - exacta horses had both shown ability around two turns before. Of course, I bet the
Old 07-20-2018, 03:25 PM   #5
stuball

why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
More of a handicapping tip, but in 1-1/8 races, it is significant that a horse have performed well around two turn in the past, at least IMHO.
NYRA only offers two -turn dirt races at Aqu/Sar - 9 furlongs or 10, and Belmont, 1-1/2. NYRA horse don't always have the stamina to make it 9 furlongs around two turns.

Case in point, the opener today - exacta horses had both shown ability around two turns before. Of course, I bet the
Why did u bet the 7 ?????

Stuball
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2018, 04:24 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Tom Amoss, good stats with claimed horses (36%), choses Ortiz to ride, dropping in class after pressing avery fast pace in the slop last time, multiple two-turn experience.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:27 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Tom Amoss, good stats with claimed horses (36%), choses Ortiz to ride, dropping in class after pressing avery fast pace in the slop last time, multiple two-turn experience.

Last race, he circled back to his best fig of the year, and had the top fig of the race, and around two turns, last year
Old 07-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #8
FlintAtTheFetlock

Just some one off, spot play type of tips...

Look for George Weaver and/or Al Stall Jr. maidens going long on Turf, either never raced or off huge layoffs. These plays seem to pop at great odds several times each year. Anytime these guys show up with horse that looks like he needs one (they don't)

Also, I use Manny Franco on 6-1 or better anytime I can, he always seems to get more out of his horses and does very well for himself often under the radar at the betting windows.

Also, I like Joel Rosario on Turf and use him in TRIFECTA's unless the horse looks hopeless, which is nearly never the case. He is one of my favs at grabbing the lead and slowing down the pace duping all the other horses into strolling along until its too late.

Best of luck to you...

chasing the bone, flies at the nostrils plunder
- IA @1978
FlintAtTheFetlock is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: