Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-15-2018, 05:39 PM   #61
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Perhaps despite his rhetoric, Trump and his advisors have absolutely no intention of "going it alone" and abandoning NATO for all intents and purposes.

Ever think about that? So what if he says it, as long as he doesn't do it.

Nobody is going to call his bluff on that one.

But someone may blink and cave into whatever his demands are, such as abandoning the 2014 2% or 3% or whatever number it is, for a higher percentage...precisely because of his rhetoric.
Then why take the approach?

It netted him nothing other than base pandering.

A Danish diplomat made the comment over the NATO week that they've basically begun to just stop listening to him because they can't tell if he's speaking as a policy maker or a candidate at a rally in Montana...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 09:17 PM   #62
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Who made a Danish diplomat some kind of barometer of anything? Just 'cause he doesn't get it doesn't mean anything, really.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 09:37 PM   #63
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
Who made a Danish diplomat some kind of barometer of anything? Just 'cause he doesn't get it doesn't mean anything, really.
It's a good indicator of how Trump is now viewed at when it comes to negotiating.

I guess I'm in his boat too because I didn't get it either... perhaps someone could explain to me what was accomplished by Trump at the summit.

I'll wait.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:45 PM   #64
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
It's a good indicator of how Trump is now viewed at when it comes to negotiating.

I guess I'm in his boat too because I didn't get it either... perhaps someone could explain to me what was accomplished by Trump at the summit.

I'll wait.
I think Germany has to raise its bar or we will remove all troops there, I fail to see how we benefit from the Europeans at all. Trump at the summit delivers a message, and not the one they want.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 09:45 PM   #65
woodtoo

Dont wait too long ,Trump starts early. He barely has time for tea.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 10:28 PM   #66
elysiantraveller

So nothing...

For all you supporters of the "Dealmaker" in chief... unless everyone sits down and signs something agreeing to a deal... it's not really a deal.

I linked the joint statement from the NATO summit... what do you guys have?

It appears there is a new "campaigner in chief" in town.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:52 PM   #67
Clocker

Quote:
perhaps someone could explain to me what was accomplished by Trump at the summit.

I'll wait.

He summed up the results himself. When an interviewer asked him to name America's biggest foe globally, Trump's first response was the European Union.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-...nki-jeff-glor/
Old 07-15-2018, 11:02 PM   #68
fast4522

Quote:
So nothing...

For all you supporters of the "Dealmaker" in chief... unless everyone sits down and signs something agreeing to a deal... it's not really a deal.

Just look at it like this, everything that you do not like is going to happen.
Or better put Europe is now the opposition.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:07 PM   #69
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Or better put Europe is now the opposition.
Why?
Old 07-15-2018, 11:21 PM   #70
fast4522

Obama went over there and blew nice warm air up their asses, those days are over. It is normal that you do not like it, more material for you go on with right?
Old 07-15-2018, 11:41 PM   #71
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Obama went over there and blew nice warm air up their asses, those days are over. It is normal that you do not like it, more material for you go on with right?
Old 07-15-2018, 11:46 PM   #72
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Perhaps despite his rhetoric, Trump and his advisors have absolutely no intention of "going it alone" and abandoning NATO for all intents and purposes.

Ever think about that? So what if he says it, as long as he doesn't do it.

Nobody is going to call his bluff on that one.

But someone may blink and cave into whatever his demands are, such as abandoning the 2014 2% or 3% or whatever number it is, for a higher percentage...precisely because of his rhetoric.
Today apparently the EU is one of our largest geopolitical foes... according to Trump.

What say you?
Old 07-15-2018, 11:49 PM   #73
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
He summed up the results himself. When an interviewer asked him to name America's biggest foe globally, Trump's first response was the European Union.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-...nki-jeff-glor/
That we want to spend more money on Defense.

The guy is a babbling fool...

And I didn't think we could do much worse than Obama when it came to foreign policy...
Old 07-16-2018, 12:52 AM   #74
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
I would expect the typical response around here to this article to be "who cares? #MAGA!"

Europe’s Dependence on the U.S. Was All Part of the Plan
Do you believe that the taxpayer of the USA deserves to ripped-off by these NATO countries?

That's basically what this lady is suggesting. We saved Europe's ass in WW II and all the liberals --and add now Trump bashers-- simply hate to admit this, and better yet, to be reminded of the fact. But since it's a Plan --how stupid-- it's really OK and Trump is evil by wanting to end this charade.

NATO was created because the immediate threat to Europe came from the ex-USSR following WW II. Yes, at the time the Continent was tapped out so America The Great didn't mind footing most of NATO's bill. We were still in a Cold War and our presence served our interests also. But those interests have changed.

As long as the EU have a $150 billion trade surplus with the USA, they will now pay their obligations to NATO.

The EU's days of dancing without paying the band are over.

PS--We do care is the response and not your juvenile and always false narratives.

The article is just a stupid analysis written for a naive and misinformed audience.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2018, 01:15 AM   #75
reckless
Veteran

!

Quote:
So nothing...

Do you believe what both Trump and the NATO representatives said that NATO countries' obligations will be increased and paid up in kind??

I don't expect you to believe this but you should go on record saying such. Snarky descriptions of Trump don't count since you sound like a fool...

You do have a history of talking in circles so you can always pat yourself on the back later on and say -- I told you so. All the juvenile histrionics coming from someone who is so wrong, so often -- like always. Just tell us yes or no if you don't think the EU trash will up the ante or not for protection?

You once said something in the same vein about Trump not making a deal he said he would. You then said Trump could never get it done because he's a dunce, etc.

Trump said days after the election that he'd get companies to re-locate their manufacturing from overseas to the USA. You said it would never happen.

It happened, many, many companies have come to the USA since Elections Day ... all thanks to Trump, a deal maker and leader.

When both Lockheed-Martin and Boeing said they'd build AF 1 type planes for hundreds of millions of dollars each, Trump said no, that won't happen. Too expensive. YOU said that Boeing and L-M will outsmart Trump and kick his butt in so many words. Guess what? You were very wrong again!

Remember, both companies came crawling to Trump and they agreed to build these planes for a fraction of the original announced price. As I said they would.

I'll leave by asking you once more on the record: do you believe what both Trump and the NATO representatives said that NATO countries' obligations will be increased and paid up in kind??
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: