Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-08-2018, 05:26 PM   #91
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Lone Sailor
Givemeaminit
Tenfold

Need a filly or a turf horse or a Euro to spruce this up.
Yeah, those don't change the 1-20 for sure.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2018, 05:27 PM   #92
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightingirish51195 View Post
Probably going to need a bias to beat justify in the Preakness. Assuming he isn’t hurt or anything like that. Enticed can win the belmont
Anything can happen in the Belmont. We have no idea who can handle 12 furlongs on the dirt.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #93
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
The only thing I can come up with is Steve Asmussen getting Midnight Bisou transferred to his barn after the Kentucky Oaks which is reminiscent of him getting Rachel Alexandra and running her right back in the Preakness.

The bonus is that Smith will have to give up the mount and perhaps we won't have to suffer through another unnecessary far back, wide sweep with a horse that has plenty of tactical speed.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2018, 07:24 AM   #94
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Question...since jinx's are being broken...or streaks....ect...

How Many Derby winner;s ran on a SLOPPY Churchill track came back to win to win the Preakness...and how many did NOT???

Very interesting....and if you watched the Video of Justify & Bob Baffert on Sunday....day after....showing him off to the crowd....things might get interesting after all...

video already posted in THIS thread...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=144730
Nobody answered the pertinent question...so I'll be THE teacher...where is "Teach" by the way?

Copied from Washington Post...trying to post link...but my computer not allowing....hopefully that's enough credit to them....

Derby winners in the modern era after running on a sloppy track....how they faired in the Preakness...
Year

Derby winner

Preakness winner (Derby finish)

2010 Super Saver Lookin at Lucky (6th)
2009 Mine That Bird Rachel Alexandra (DNS)
2004 Smarty Jones Smarty Jones
1994 Go for Gin Tabasco Cat (6th)
1989 Sunday Silence Sunday Silence
1958 Tim Tam Tim Tam
1948 Citation Citation
1947 Jet Pilot Faultless (3rd)
1946 Assault Assault
1945 Hoop Jr Polynesian (DNS)

so basically 50/50....Meanwhile...Big Money/Time Bob is Perfect 4/4 regardless of conditions....but streaks get broken all THE time....and since he already lied about a so-called ""skin rash"....sorta makes this race a bit more interesting...

You might ALSO note...several of those horses after winning in the slop at the Derby....Never won again....Two at least LOST major weight after the Derby...which was never disclosed publically til AFTER the Preakness...

anyways

Last edited by sammy the sage; 05-09-2018 at 07:25 AM.
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2018, 07:49 PM   #95
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Even better, now the "local" horse, Tesio winner Diamond King--who at least has a strong record and is by top sire Quality Road--has been entered in this weekend's Peter Pan Stakes at Belmont.

Another interesting horse in that race is Just Whistle, who hails from the great Courtly Dee female line (and so is closely related to Preakness possible Lone Sailor). He just broke his maiden at Keeneland, and in his start before, he was runner-up to Derby also-ran Hofburg in that one's maiden victory at Gulfstream.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:08 PM   #96
Spalding No!

Bolt D'Oro now back under consideration for the Preakness. That's not unexpected, but I hope there's a strategy change or better yet a new jockey (perhaps back to Castellano?).
Old 05-09-2018, 11:11 PM   #97
Afleet

Quote:
Bolt D'Oro now back under consideration for the Preakness. That's not unexpected, but I hope there's a strategy change or better yet a new jockey (perhaps back to Castellano?).
should go back to Nakatani
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2018, 06:42 AM   #98
outofthebox

Quote:
Agree about strategy change if they do decide to run. Though i felt Castellano gutted him in the SA Derby. All trainers will be watching Justify train this am...
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #99
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Speaking of Pimlico...kudos to them for having a backstretch camera so we can see horses and they are not hidden behind the infield tents
Old 05-10-2018, 02:33 PM   #100
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
where is "Teach" by the way?
Something happened to his PC and he lost his login info. I tried my best to help him get a new password (really easy process for everyone else I've helped...click the Lost Password link lol)...made sure his account had his most recent email address...and haven't heard from him since.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:41 AM   #101
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Nobody answered the pertinent question...so I'll be THE teacher...where is "Teach" by the way?

Copied from Washington Post...trying to post link...but my computer not allowing....hopefully that's enough credit to them....

Derby winners in the modern era after running on a sloppy track....how they faired in the Preakness...
Year

Derby winner

Preakness winner (Derby finish)

2010 Super Saver Lookin at Lucky (6th)
2009 Mine That Bird Rachel Alexandra (DNS)
2004 Smarty Jones Smarty Jones
1994 Go for Gin Tabasco Cat (6th)
1989 Sunday Silence Sunday Silence
1958 Tim Tam Tim Tam
1948 Citation Citation
1947 Jet Pilot Faultless (3rd)
1946 Assault Assault
1945 Hoop Jr Polynesian (DNS)

so basically 50/50....Meanwhile...Big Money/Time Bob is Perfect 4/4 regardless of conditions....but streaks get broken all THE time....and since he already lied about a so-called ""skin rash"....sorta makes this race a bit more interesting...

You might ALSO note...several of those horses after winning in the slop at the Derby....Never won again....Two at least LOST major weight after the Derby...which was never disclosed publically til AFTER the Preakness...

anyways
I think your "health" point is more important than the "mud" one. Although sometimes the injuries come from running in the mud. The only reason no one scratched is because it was the Derby. Other races had scratches, and on a normal day, with weather like that, there would of been a ton of scratches.

Your "health" remark is right on. Baffert is going to say he's fine unless its so obvious that he can't say that. The horse worked ok so he can say he's fine but people act like his treatments are public knowledge. And they always are, hush, hush about weight issues. Every winner has to go through this to make the 3 races, nothing new. But in recent years there have been defections at the last minute....like the day before or the morning of the race. People come on here saying they know the horses exact condition......no you don't, that information is a secret. Some are so naïve. They also claim horses don't race nicked up.........give me a freaking break.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2018, 01:39 PM   #102
GMB@BP

So Good Magic is defenite and Bolt is out.

Interesting, saw on Twitter some people saying Justify not looking so hot in his jogs.

And Chad Brown said the way they beat Justify is if he did not come out of the race well, which to me is code for, yea, he may not be the same horse from what we are gathering.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #103
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
So Good Magic is defenite and Bolt is out.

Interesting, saw on Twitter some people saying Justify not looking so hot in his jogs.

And Chad Brown said the way they beat Justify is if he did not come out of the race well, which to me is code for, yea, he may not be the same horse from what we are gathering.

Where are you reading all this about Justify? Everything I've read is nothing but positive about Justify galloping great & looks just as good as he did before the derby.......also, several trainers from other horses have stated hes looking spectacular?

Are your words wishful thinking, if not, can you post the links?
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2018, 03:35 PM   #104
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan View Post
Where are you reading all this about Justify? Everything I've read is nothing but positive about Justify galloping great & looks just as good as he did before the derby.......also, several trainers from other horses have stated hes looking spectacular?

Are your words wishful thinking, if not, can you post the links?
Trust me, not wishful thinking, I want the horse to win by a pole

think was maybe XBTV, and then other "misanthropes" chimed in and said they saw the same thing.

I cant tell watching a horse jog, but they were pretty sure he was off in some way compared to last week.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2018, 03:42 PM   #105
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Trust me, not wishful thinking, I want the horse to win by a pole

think was maybe XBTV, and then other "misanthropes" chimed in and said they saw the same thing.

I cant tell watching a horse jog, but they were pretty sure he was off in some way compared to last week.

Ok, just wondering, as I'm thinking of playing a Justify with Good Magic exacta box, in case Good Magic wins.......I don't see any other horse in the Preakness that can beat Justify IMO.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: