Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:28 AM   #1126
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Does Irad get a lot of suspensions? I don't see him as a rough rider. Paco Lopez, yes. Angel Cordero, yep. Irad?
I feel like I am wasting my time. No offense.

If I need to point out the risky (like, he can kill another rider) games that Irad plays, this interaction will go no where.

That was a DIRTY ride from the 1/4 to the wire. Not by far his dirtiest of tactics but dirty.

He just came off a suspension for his dirty riding. (1 week ago to answer your question).
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2016, 07:22 AM   #1127
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME

If I need to point out the risky (like, he can kill another rider) games that Irad plays, this interaction will go no where.

That was a DIRTY ride from the 1/4 to the wire. Not by far his dirtiest of tactics but dirty.

He just came off a suspension for his dirty riding. (1 week ago to answer your question).
No offense taken. Nothing wrong with an honest debate. Many top riders "race ride". Angel Cordero and Eddie Arcaro were two of the most fined and suspended jockeys in the history of the sport because they were so aggressive. I guess some would call it dirty, but others would call it race riding. They both ended up wealthy and in the Hall of Fame, which is where Irad Ortiz, Jr. is headed.

The thing is, Irad will win you a lot of bets doing that, but of course, sometimes he may cost you a bet by putting another rider in a tough spot. You take the good with the bad but I know when Cordero was riding, he was my bread and butter and Irad doesn't owe me anything either.

Last edited by pandy; 07-03-2016 at 07:30 AM.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2016, 11:39 AM   #1128
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
No offense taken. Nothing wrong with an honest debate. Many top riders "race ride". Angel Cordero and Eddie Arcaro were two of the most fined and suspended jockeys in the history of the sport because they were so aggressive. I guess some would call it dirty, but others would call it race riding. They both ended up wealthy and in the Hall of Fame, which is where Irad Ortiz, Jr. is headed.

The thing is, Irad will win you a lot of bets doing that, but of course, sometimes he may cost you a bet by putting another rider in a tough spot. You take the good with the bad but I know when Cordero was riding, he was my bread and butter and Irad doesn't owe me anything either.
I loved Angel. For some reason Angel didn't irk me. Irad does. Very obnoxious and my gut says he's the schoolyard bully/orchestrator out there. He doesn't race ride IMHO, he's just dirty. You don't see much intelligence out there from him (race riding strategically against a certain foe). It's just risky moves that endanger other jockeys big time.

I still wish Rosario's bump last year would've knocked him off his seat, in that late spring turf route at Belmont.

Maybe he would've lost some of his brazenness.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #1129
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Oh no, why would he take offense to something like that...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2016, 04:52 PM   #1130
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Oh no, why would he take offense to something like that...
I was being polite and I couldn't beat around the bush.

Plus, I respect him, so I said what I felt
Old 07-05-2016, 05:13 PM   #1131
pandy

I don't get offended that easily. You can't, especially in today's society.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2016, 02:58 PM   #1132
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

FL race 4 had no disqualification. Both #3 and #5 crowded #6 in the stretch. I can understand not taking action against #3, since #5 did the first crowding (e.g. if #5 hadn't crowded #6, it wouldn't have been in the path it was when #3 came over). I suppose the stewards figured that #6 was going to finish 4th anyway, since it was quitting against the top two and got beat about 2 lengths by #2. I don't agree with their decision, but I'm not unhappy with it, as it kept my horizontal ticket alive.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2016, 08:45 AM   #1133
Equifan

Delaware Hcp 7/16/2016

Where was the Inquiry??
Geroux kept glancing at the board as he came back. I reckon everyone thought there would be one. The riders on the 2&3 were probably speechless.

I suppose you can rationalize that Chatterbox's antics at the start didn't cost Paid Up Subscriber the race but I don't think you should be able to wipe out half the field at the break with no penalty.
Equifan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2016, 08:51 AM   #1134
NY BRED
GARY

THE non DQ Hall of Fame Winner nominee

drum roll...

Delaware Park Handicap Stakes race 9 on 07/16 for Fillies and Mares
I'm a Chatterbox .#4, effectively wipes out the 1/2/3 entries.

We have discussed before bumping from the gate is usually
overlooked by the stewards, can't believe this isn't an instance
where the winner should have been disqualified.

NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2016, 09:04 AM   #1135
no breathalyzer
Veteran

That mickey mouse bridge jumper is happy... horse should of been place behind the inside 3 horses.. but lets get real there was no way in that situation that horse was getting took down.. if that was a 5k clm on a Monday good chance DQ
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 03:59 PM   #1136
Dahoss9698
Veteran

The objection in the 6th at Saratoga is classic. Castellano shouldn't be objecting to anything. But, if anything, the winner came over on the runner up. Who in turn came over as well.

I guess Castellano is afraid to claim against Pletcher
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 06:00 PM   #1137
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
The objection in the 6th at Saratoga is classic. Castellano shouldn't be objecting to anything. But, if anything, the winner came over on the runner up. Who in turn came over as well.

I guess Castellano is afraid to claim against Pletcher
100% correct.
Old 07-23-2016, 08:41 PM   #1138
thespaah

The rejections of the foul claims today in both races 6 and 10 were good no calls....
There was no evidence of a result changing incident.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 09:50 PM   #1139
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
The rejections of the foul claims today in both races 6 and 10 were good no calls....
There was no evidence of a result changing incident.
I was 1000% behind the 10th race no change.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2016, 04:11 PM   #1140
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Canterbury Race 7. 20 Minute stewards inquiry. Horse almost went down at the 3/16, they show the foul 74 times and leave it up.

I can't hear audio while at AQU but that was frustrating. I though they took 20 min to decide who to take down. They made no change.