Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
sammy the sage

Some up-to-date graphs...on wealth and tax's

http://jaredbernsteinblog.com/the-be...cbpp-graphics/

I would make some comments...but a picture is WORTH a thousand words...hopefully it might enlighten a few around here.
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2011, 10:57 PM   #2
badcompany

THE LIBERAL MIND: The Psychological Causes of
Political Madness
By Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., M.D.

http://www.libertymind.com/

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

•creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;

•satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;

•augmenting primitive feelings of envy;

•rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.

― Thomas Sowell
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #3
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage
http://jaredbernsteinblog.com/the-be...cbpp-graphics/

I would make some comments...but a picture is WORTH a thousand words...hopefully it might enlighten a few around here.
Here is what is going to happen. You will be told your charts don't mean a thing.
You will be told they are confusing and boring. Your manhood will be questioned.
Your patriotism will be questioned.

What will not happen is that you will enlighten any conservatives. Conservatives are not interested in enlightenment. They are only interested in confirming their preconceived notions. No matter how wrong those notions are.

BTW: Great charts.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:14 PM   #4
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany
THE LIBERAL MIND: The Psychological Causes of
Political Madness
By Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., M.D.

http://www.libertymind.com/

Dr. Rossiter says the liberal agenda preys on weakness and feelings of inferiority in the population by:

•creating and reinforcing perceptions of victimization;

•satisfying infantile claims to entitlement, indulgence and compensation;

•augmenting primitive feelings of envy;

•rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government.
Here is one review of this book on Amazon.com
Quote:
The sheer amount of hatred he has for anyone to the left of Rush is somewhat beyond normal rationale. He should follow that old adage of Physician Heal Thy Self. His abnormal view of progressives and liberals, I came to realize, is based on fantasy and a belief that this is what he wants to believe is true, just like all the teabaggers and other rightwing faux moralists. He has abused his title to write this drivel to give it some sort of authentic feel but it fails miserably. One could just as easily change the title to "I Hate Liberals for no real reason so I am making them up".

A similar study done by the National Science Foundation and the National Institute of Health showed Conservatism to be a mental illness. So who ya gonna believe? Just because they say what you WANT to hear, does that make it the truth or do you have honesty and integrity to look past that see if there is another agenda.
So we have someone saying liberalism is a mental illness and someone else saying conservatism is a mental illness. The difference being that one group is a respected agency using proven investigative techniques, while the other is a single individual of dubious credentials using speculation and assumption.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:17 PM   #5
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Here is what is going to happen. You will be told your charts don't mean a thing.
You will be told they are confusing and boring. Your manhood will be questioned.
Your patriotism will be questioned.

What will not happen is that you will enlighten any conservatives. Conservatives are not interested in enlightenment. They are only interested in confirming their preconceived notions. No matter how wrong those notions are.

BTW: Great charts.
Sammy the Sage, did you notice how, in his response, BadCompany did not address any of your charts. He merely accused you of suffering from a mental illness. Just as I predicted.

Did I mention; Great Charts!
Old 12-29-2011, 11:49 PM   #6
badcompany

The gist of those charts is that the income of the top 1% has increased at a rate faster than that of the middle class and the poor.

Why on earth would anyone think that those who are the very best at making money would see their income increase at the same rate as those who are average and below average?

The most logical answer to that question is Mental Illness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Sammy the Sage, did you notice how, in his response, BadCompany did not address any of your charts. He merely accused you of suffering from a mental illness. Just as I predicted.
Accurate predictions tend to be more impressive when they're made BEFORE the event.

That said, I eagerly look forward to your 2011 Derby prediction.

― Thomas Sowell

Last edited by badcompany; 12-29-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:47 AM   #7
boxcar

Quote:
The gist of those charts is that the income of the top 1% has increased at a rate faster than that of the middle class and the poor.

Why on earth would anyone think that those who are the very best at making money would see their income increase at the same rate as those who are average and below average?

I second that motion! Only the delusional living in a fantasy world would think for a moment that the income of executives, indian chiefs, doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc. would increase at or below the rate of less skilled and/or less productive workers. It never has nor will it ever be any different -- nor should it be any different.

Boxcar
Old 12-30-2011, 12:56 AM   #8
mostpost

Quote:

Willie "The Actor" Sutton was also great at making money. These guys don't rob banks, but there is little other difference between them and Willie.

In any case, what do those top 1%ers contribute to the country besides the ability to make money for themselves. They don't make any products. With the exception of a few in the tech field, they don't invent or innovate. Is the life of the public in general any better because of them? No, in fact it is worse.
Do these super millionaires contribute to improving public schools? They do not. They wage war against those schools. Do they try to make the lives of the elderly better? Of course not. They try to kill Social Security. Do they make sure their employees have adequate health care at reasonable cost? You're kidding of course. They fight every attempt to improve health care. Do they try to ensure that their workers receive a decent salary, fair benefits and safe working conditions? Hardly, they fire workers with seniority; they steal from pension funds, they oppose any safety regulations as government interference in their right to make lots and lots of money.

Most of the top one percent are good at making money because they are good at lying and cheating and stealing. I would not be proud to say I am good at making money if I were you. When you come to me and tell me you are good at helping your neighbor, good at contributing in your community and
good at not being a greedy so and so, then I will be proud of you.

Accurate predictions tend to be more impressive when they're made BEFORE the event.
Although your post preceded mine by three minute, my writing of the prediction preceded my reading of your post.

Uncle Mo. He will also win the 2011 Breeders Cup Classic.

You will have to subscribe to get my predictions to the 1948 Preakness, the 1943 Belmont and the 1967 Travers.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:11 AM   #9
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
I second that motion! Only the delusional living in a fantasy world would think for a moment that the income of executives, indian chiefs, doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc. would increase at or below the rate of less skilled and/or less productive workers. It never has nor will it ever be any different -- nor should it be any different.

Boxcar
It is logical that the income of the top 1% should increase at a faster rate than the income of lower levels. What is not logical is that it should increase at a rate 425% greater than the next 19% and 725% greater than the middle 60%. Particularly when much of that increase is the expense of those lower levels.
Look back before 1979. From 1948 through 1979 the income levels of all groups increased in a roughly parallel line. What did we have from 1948 to 1979. We had the greatest prosperity in our history. Unemployment was low. Wages were high. Families with a single breadwinner could buy a home, buy a new car every three or four years, send their kids to college without incurring unmanageable debt, save for emergencies and retirement, take a yearly vacation and have money left over for a few luxuries. Now families with two working parents can do few or none of those things.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:43 AM   #10
sammy the sage

Quote:

Well, well, well....typical...although I can take of myself...big bossman around has singled me out....return jabs/jives,insults/putdowns are/will NOT tolerated by me...since I ADDRESS the facts...imagine that...
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2011, 08:15 AM   #11
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Do the math. An extreme difference between growth rates cannot be sustained. It does not matter whether we are talking wealth, bacteria populations or nuclear reactions. Inevitably a critical point is reached and the system collapses. Examples: ancient Rome and 18th century France.

The disparity in growth rates is not the result of the rich being better at making money but rather from the rich being excused from paying taxes.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #12
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
It never has nor will it ever be any different
Where are you getting your figures from? Through most of American history the incomes of the lower classes has increased faster that that of the upper class. That's why we have (or had) a strong middle class.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:56 AM   #13
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor
Do the math. An extreme difference between growth rates cannot be sustained. It does not matter whether we are talking wealth, bacteria populations or nuclear reactions. Inevitably a critical point is reached and the system collapses. Examples: ancient Rome and 18th century France.

The disparity in growth rates is not the result of the rich being better at making money but rather from the rich being excused from paying taxes.

With an over 90% unemployment rate, it's not surprising that "Actors" would support a big government, welfare state, as "Actors" are way more likely to be sticking their annoying hands out for those Government bennies, while someone else foots the bill via high taxation.

Of course, "Actors" delude themselves into believing that they hold these beliefs because they are such wonderful, caring human beings, when, in reality, it's just self-preservation.

― Thomas Sowell
Old 12-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Not necessarily. Many other factors are involved here. Jobs moving out of the country, more and more people not able to perform high tech jobs...

What is not helping is banning drilling in the Gulf, pushing green agenda instead of those that create jobs, like the Keystone pipeline or fracking for oil. Pumping billions into losing green industries is a total waste of money. Creating uncertainy in the economy to the extend that businesses are not investing and not hiring because Obama has jumbled the economy so much is not helping.

How much additional revenue will taxing the 1% bring in annually?
Old 12-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Anyone who is unhappy with this board or who feels I don't treat them fairly...you're certainly free to leave...nobody is forcing you to continue posting here....
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply