Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
AfleetAlex

Dave Rodman over Peter Aiello

I am glad to see Dave Rodman calling Gulfstream. Without his usual Colonial Downs summer gig, Rodman deserves to share his voice within racing this summer. Hey Peter Aiello, why don't you take time off more often?
AfleetAlex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
levinmpa

I agree that Rodman is excellent. He did 2 weeks at the recent Oak Tree at Pleasanton meeting while Frank Mirahmadi was calling Santa Anita. He's a true pro and very underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfleetAlex
I am glad to see Dave Rodman calling Gulfstream. Without his usual Colonial Downs summer gig, Rodman deserves to share his voice within racing this summer. Hey Peter Aiello, why don't you take time off more often?
levinmpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
cj's dad

DR is outstanding !
Old 07-18-2014, 11:24 PM   #4
RXB

Dave Rodman has been one of the best announcers for a long time.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2014, 11:40 PM   #5
NTamm1215

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfleetAlex
Not sure if you're making a joke, but Peter Aiello is a hard-working, enthusiastic guy who is a highly competent race caller. Definitely doesn't deserve a thread where the title mocks him.

It's really amazing how much announcers are allowed to get flogged on this message board. Well, all except for one who used to call at a major racetrack in Southern California.
NTamm1215 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
Not sure if you're making a joke, but Peter Aiello is a hard-working, enthusiastic guy who is a highly competent race caller. Definitely doesn't deserve a thread where the title mocks him.

It's really amazing how much announcers are allowed to get flogged on this message board. Well, all except for one who used to call at a major racetrack in Southern California.
That former major track race caller must have done something to alienate some well known names in this sport (esp it seems on the east coast)...don't suppose he's getting the NYRA job, eh?
Old 07-19-2014, 02:03 AM   #7
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Dave calls the Timonium Fair too.

I hope he is doing so again this year!
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2014, 06:20 AM   #8
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I like Pete, too. He works hard to make it fun. What's wrong with that?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2014, 07:45 AM   #9
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:

Original poster just stating true facts.....

Anybody know why collmus called a meadowlands race last night? Is he trying to take more jobs away from somebody?!!?
Old 07-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #10
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiffleball whizz
Original poster just stating true facts.....

Anybody know why collmus called a meadowlands race last night? Is he trying to take more jobs away from somebody?!!?
Actually he didn't state any facts, he stated an opinion.

And Larry is on vacation for the summer at his home in NJ, he was visiting with Travis Stone and the Meadowlands guys. This is what announcers do on vacation, go visit other announcers and talk about Paceadvantage threads.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:54 AM   #11
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballscalls
Actually he didn't state any facts, he stated an opinion.

And Larry is on vacation for the summer at his home in NJ, he was visiting with Travis Stone and the Meadowlands guys. This is what announcers do on vacation, go visit other announcers and talk about Paceadvantage threads.
Thanks for the clarification.....means a lot
Old 07-19-2014, 08:17 PM   #12
BMustang

We miss Pete Aiello at River Downs/Belterra Park and would welcome him back "home" with open arms, but I'm sure he presently has bigger fish to fry.

We were happy for him when he got the Hialeah Quarter Horse gig, and moreso when he got a shot at Gulfstream. Pete is one of the guys who could be found amongst us doping out the simulcast cards on dark days.

He is a Luke Kruytbosch protogee. We wish him nothing but the best.
BMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2014, 03:37 AM   #13
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMustang
We miss Pete Aiello at River Downs/Belterra Park and would welcome him back "home" with open arms, but I'm sure he presently has bigger fish to fry.

We were happy for him when he got the Hialeah Quarter Horse gig, and moreso when he got a shot at Gulfstream. Pete is one of the guys who could be found amongst us doping out the simulcast cards on dark days.

He is a Luke Kruytbosch protogee. We wish him nothing but the best.
Announcers that slum with the regulars during simulcast hours are the best
Old 07-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #14
Nacumi

We, in the MidAtlantic, who relish Dave Rodman's perfect calls of 14 horse turf fields at Colonial Downs (don't want to talk about that mess), are happy and sad to have to share him with the rest of the country. Go Dave, and we look forward to hearing you again in MD.
Nacumi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

You must be the one making a joke if you're saying Vic isn't flogged on here along with all the others. Or that somehow *I* censor negative posts about him, which for sure is NOT the case.

I know you look at yourself as one of the "bearers of truth" around here...but you missed the mark badly in this case.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: