Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-06-2018, 12:17 AM   #2356
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
'I can see 2022 from my house' tweets Sarah Palin

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ton-topstories
Hopefully she sees it better than Russia.

At least they're our friends now.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 01:07 AM   #2357
ElKabong

The dems hit the trifecta over this sham they attempted

Lost the Kavenaugh battle
Managed to embarrass themselves beyond belief
Energized the conservative base like I haven't seen since 1994

Ive never seen an airplane crash twice. Until today
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 02:10 AM   #2358
hcap

As we knew all along. Breaking this morning..What a sham.

F.B.I. Review of Kavanaugh Was Limited From the Start
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/05/u...naugh-fbi.html

WASHINGTON — An exasperated President Trump picked up the phone to call the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, last Sunday. Tell the F.B.I. they can investigate anything, he told Mr. McGahn, because we need the critics to stop.

Not so fast, Mr. McGahn said.

Mr. McGahn, according to people familiar with the conversation, told the president that even though the White House was facing a storm of condemnation for limiting the F.B.I. background check into sexual misconduct allegations against Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, a wide-ranging inquiry like some Democrats were demanding — and Mr. Trump was suggesting — would be potentially disastrous for Judge Kavanaugh’s chances of confirmation to the Supreme Court.

It would also go far beyond the F.B.I.’s usual “supplemental background investigation,” which is, by definition, narrow in scope.

The White House could not legally order the F.B.I. to rummage indiscriminately through someone’s life, Mr. McGahn told the president. And without a criminal investigation to pursue, agents could not use search warrants and subpoenas to try to get at the truth.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 02:18 AM   #2359
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

WASHINGTON — An exasperated President Trump picked up the phone to call the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, last Sunday. Tell the F.B.I. they can investigate anything, he told Mr. McGahn, because we need the critics to stop.

Mr. McGahn, according to people familiar with the conversation, told the president that even though the White House was facing a storm of condemnation for limiting the F.B.I. background check into sexual misconduct allegations against Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, a wide-ranging inquiry like some Democrats were demanding — and Mr. Trump was suggesting — would be potentially disastrous for Judge Kavanaugh’s chances of confirmation to the Supreme Court.

It would also go far beyond the F.B.I.’s usual “supplemental background investigation,” which is, by definition, narrow in scope.

The White House could not legally order the F.B.I. to rummage indiscriminately through someone’s life, Mr. McGahn told the president. And without a criminal investigation to pursue, agents could not use search warrants and subpoenas to try to get at the truth.
And yet, none of the four witnesses named by ford would back up her story. Imagine the surprise by the American people (and the FBI) to find that out
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 02:33 AM   #2360
jay68802

Quote:

Bull shit.

Bull shit.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 02:36 AM   #2361
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
And yet, none of the four witnesses named by ford would back up her story. Imagine the surprise by the American people (and the FBI) to find that out
She had many more witnesses that were not interviewed.

Overall more than 40 people with potential information for the investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh have not been contacted for interviews by the FBI, NBC News has learned.

Witnesses suggested by Ford — After the FBI concluded its investigation, Ford’s lawyers wrote a letter to FBI Director Wray objecting to the bureau’s methods and calling its investigation “a stain on the process, on the FBI and on our American ideal of justice.” The letter also included a list of other witnesses that Ford’s lawyers provided to the FBI and who they say were not contacted.

Not to mention Dr. Ford herself
Old 10-06-2018, 02:38 AM   #2362
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Bull shit.
Sure the "Failing NY Times. Why should any hypnotized Trumpeteer believe anything except Trump and his toadies?
Old 10-06-2018, 02:48 AM   #2363
jay68802

Quote:
Sure the "Failing NY Times. Why should any hypnotized Trumpeteer believe anything except Trump and his toadies?
really?

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg download (3).jpeg (8.9 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-06-2018, 03:00 AM   #2364
jay68802

Take some time here.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:02 AM   #2365
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Take some time here.
listen to the song.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:02 AM   #2366
OntheRail

Quote:

Overall more than 40 people with potential information for the investigation into sexual misconduct allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh have not been contacted for interviews by the FBI, NBC News has learned.

Witnesses suggested by Ford — After the FBI concluded its investigation, Ford’s lawyers wrote a letter to FBI Director Wray objecting to the bureau’s methods and calling its investigation “a stain on the process, on the FBI and on our American ideal of justice.” The letter also included a list of other witnesses that Ford’s lawyers provided to the FBI and who they say were not contacted.

Jeez for someone who claimed to of told no one other then her shrink and her husband.. her lawyer comes up with 40 people that they what told about it.. and then made up a letter saying hey these people heard of it.

The FBI rarely interview people recommend to them... from shaky sources.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:40 AM   #2367
zico20

Quote:

Hear say does not count as being a witness. Sorry!
Old 10-06-2018, 07:15 AM   #2368
sammy the sage

Quote:

WASHINGTON

Ding Ding here we HAVE a Winner...see I told you.... you WERE good at research when you want to be....when you are NOT trolling...

Unfortunately...you found something you didn't want to find...

Now go research the NATIONAL cell phone bill that was passed...

Last edited by sammy the sage; 10-06-2018 at 07:16 AM.
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 07:24 AM   #2369
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2018, 07:28 AM   #2370
tucker6

I want to thank the democrats for the great mood I am in today. You have succeeded in turning a simple victory for a Supreme Court justice into a sweet victory for truth and justice. You have shown the entire country who and what you really are about. Rigidity. Meanness. Elitism. It will be hard for you folks to heal the open sores that the average American can see on you, and I sincerely hope your actions are remembered in the same way we remember McCarthy some 70 years later.

In the meantime, I will bask in the first truly conservative Court since probably the 1920's.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply