Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:11 PM   #166
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan04
Once again California racing takes presidence over any other race. People still don't understand that?? They are based in CA so that is their stance. Has always been since day one
TVG has always had a pro California racing bias...
It is culminated by the Del MAR ( Schrupp's pronunciation) man crush/bromance...
The fact that only until recently did TVG bother to send a crew to Saratoga while at least one roving reporter and two TVG hosts were at Del MAR every day of the meet.
I am not bashing Del Mar...it's a great meeting. However, compared to Saratoga, it's definitely in second place.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2015, 07:06 AM   #167
fmolf

now there stance is even worse...they seemto be biased towards Stronach tracks and california tracks!...Just who is betting on those 5 horse fields from G.G. with the 3/5 favorite?.....I think that their account wagering is driving their coverage but am not certain....Can anyone shed any light on this subject.....They are probably biased towards the tracks that offer them the best deals?....NYRA will not cowtow to the breeders cup demands and will not cowtow to TVG , HRTV or Stronach either!
fmolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2015, 08:09 AM   #168
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmolf
now there stance is even worse...they seemto be biased towards Stronach tracks and california tracks!...Just who is betting on those 5 horse fields from G.G. with the 3/5 favorite?.....I think that their account wagering is driving their coverage but am not certain....Can anyone shed any light on this subject.....They are probably biased towards the tracks that offer them the best deals?....NYRA will not cowtow to the breeders cup demands and will not cowtow to TVG , HRTV or Stronach either!
TVG gets paid by the track to cover them. something like $300 per race that goes towards production cost's. one thing for sure, when a race is on TVG there is more handle on the race than when its not on.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2015, 10:03 AM   #169
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
TVG gets paid by the track to cover them. something like $300 per race that goes towards production cost's. one thing for sure, when a race is on TVG there is more handle on the race than when its not on.
Proof??? You state a lot of stuff but I would like to read and save this article or contract for future reference. It's easy to say something but being taken seriously is a different subject.

If you think NYRA, Santa Anita, or Delmar along with Keeneland pay even $1 to have their races broadcast I have a bridge to sell you. I think Churchill would be honored to pay Betfair $300 to broadcast the Derby or the Oaks if NBC didn't have an exclusive
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2015, 03:23 PM   #170
levinmpa

I'm glad Kurt Hoover is back on the air on HRTV(TVG2). Just wish Siegel and Pincay III were still on. I'm really hating this TVG takeover. I don't mind the TVG analysts on HRTV so much, as I can mute the volume, but what I do hate are the TVG graphics or lack there of. HRTV always showed the track feed so I could see fractional times, leaders and odds of the leaders during the race. They also pulled up the final odds graphic as soon as they crossed the wire. Now that they have switched to TVG branding, there are zero graphics on the screen during the running of the race. They don't put up the 1,2,3,4 leading horses or their odds and no fractional times. All you see is "HRTV Tampa Bay Downs 6". That's it, no other graphics are ever displayed during the race. I just don't understand why they would do this. It's almost as if they want to piss off the hard core viewers that really care about the game. And of course when the horses cross the wire, I have to wait for the odds from 3 or 4 other tracks to appear on the screen before seeing the final odds of the race that just ran. God I hate TVG. I wish it was the other way around and HRTV had taken over TVG. This is just too aggravating to take. From now on I will be watching the video from my ADW, Phonebet.com. The original poster had it right, "TVG is a real complete joke now".
levinmpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #171
Stillriledup
Veteran

New era at TVG.

They just ignored a live race at Santa Anita to show a post parade at Gulfstream.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2015, 04:42 PM   #172
Zydeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
New era at TVG.

They just ignored a live race at Santa Anita to show a post parade at Gulfstream.

Couldn't believe that either
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2015, 04:47 PM   #173
Redbullsnation
THEY SEND IN THE MAN

Classic TVG, eh. At least there's many alternatives online like Twinspires, Calracing, etc.
Redbullsnation is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2015, 05:37 PM   #174
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Proof??? You state a lot of stuff but I would like to read and save this article or contract for future reference. It's easy to say something but being taken seriously is a different subject.

If you think NYRA, Santa Anita, or Delmar along with Keeneland pay even $1 to have their races broadcast I have a bridge to sell you. I think Churchill would be honored to pay Betfair $300 to broadcast the Derby or the Oaks if NBC didn't have an exclusive
good luck on that one
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #175
affirmedny

Quote:
New era at TVG.

they lost the feed from SA. technical issues
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2015, 10:25 PM   #176
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by levinmpa
I'm glad Kurt Hoover is back on the air on HRTV(TVG2). Just wish Siegel and Pincay III were still on. I'm really hating this TVG takeover. I don't mind the TVG analysts on HRTV so much, as I can mute the volume, but what I do hate are the TVG graphics or lack there of. HRTV always showed the track feed so I could see fractional times, leaders and odds of the leaders during the race. They also pulled up the final odds graphic as soon as they crossed the wire. Now that they have switched to TVG branding, there are zero graphics on the screen during the running of the race. They don't put up the 1,2,3,4 leading horses or their odds and no fractional times. All you see is "HRTV Tampa Bay Downs 6". That's it, no other graphics are ever displayed during the race. I just don't understand why they would do this. It's almost as if they want to piss off the hard core viewers that really care about the game. And of course when the horses cross the wire, I have to wait for the odds from 3 or 4 other tracks to appear on the screen before seeing the final odds of the race that just ran. God I hate TVG. I wish it was the other way around and HRTV had taken over TVG. This is just too aggravating to take. From now on I will be watching the video from my ADW, Phonebet.com. The original poster had it right, "TVG is a real complete joke now".
I concur...
I have written several emails to TVG asking why they choose to not use track graphics in favor of their own woefully inadequate graphics.
Never got a response.
The situation is illogical. TVG management HAS to know their viewers want to see what the tracks show. So why use the crap they barely display?
I'm almost at the point where I am going to shell out the $35 per month for RTN on line.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2015, 03:07 AM   #177
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

I'm happy to see that TVG <finally> recently added exacta key box wagering to their betting menu...
Old 04-04-2015, 05:57 AM   #178
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
I concur...
I'm almost at the point where I am going to shell out the $35 per month for RTN on line.
Why pay to watch RTN online when you get the same feeds on an ADW??
Old 04-04-2015, 09:19 AM   #179
Canarsie

Quote:
New era at TVG.

It could be possible that with the Gulfstream and other track deals (fees for the buyout) taking wagers from Gulfstream is more profitable. Both Santa Anita and Gulfstream are owned by Mr. Stronach and I don't have a clue how the agreement was written in legalise.

The deal also will require TVG to pay ongoing fees

http://www.drf.com/news/tvg-acquires...ompetitor-hrtv
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #180
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Never got a response.
Really respecting the customers, huh?
Screw TVG. And the swayback the talking heads road in on.