Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 07-22-2016, 10:57 PM   #76
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Why should NorCalGreg be blamed for the "discontinuity" shown by his customers? His customers have paid their money...and they can say whatever they want to say...in whichever manner they want to say it.
And I can say what I want, no? As a potential consumer don't I have the right to question the pink elephant in NCG's room? Thaskalos, I really doubt you buy things you are not familiar with before checking them out.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2016, 11:05 PM   #77
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
And I can say what I want, no? As a potential consumer don't I have the right to question the pink elephant in NCG's room?
You've clearly made your point, Light. Is there something else you wish to say or are you ready to move on?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2016, 11:14 PM   #78
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensacola Pete
I changed my mind. I'm back, briefly.

Okay, Mister, You get your wish. I doubt it will shut you up.

Greg has no idea yet that I'm doing this. It will be news to him.

I'm going to post plays over the long weekend, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. These are the rules:

1) I'm going to start a new selection thread in "Handicapping." In it will be plays over the long weekend of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. BRIS single-format files will be used with Pace View.

2) I will be using certain tracks and excluding others. That list will be posted before I begin and won't be changed throughout the three days.

3) I will be using one or more "spot plays." The rules for each will be posted before I begin and will not change throughout the three days. All spot plays can be found by looking at the output screen. There won't be any judgement involved.

4) I'll post each day's plays in advance of the first race at the first track. They will NOT take any scratches into account.

In other words, anybody who has a copy of Pace View and the BRIS files can use the rules of the spot plays and come up with the exact same list of plays that I will post. I won't be able to "tighten up" if winning or "plunge" if losing. I don't get to pass on low odds or additional scratches of other horses that may affect the way the race is run. It's a very rigid format that has all the disadvantages that aren't faced in real life.

We'll see how it goes.
Finally, sanity. This is all I was asking for. I followed your picks and the first day's results. 17 picks $34 wagered and a .40c loss. I have 2 impressions of this.

First I don't like the 3-17 win rate. If that $17 horses did not win it would not have been good. Most handicappers cannot handle that low win rate mentally.

Second I was impressed with the place and show spots which made $13 and $9.40. That was in part due to the $17 winner so we'll see how it does in days 2 and 3.

But I have just wanted someone to put up picks like you have so I could get a feel of what this software is doing. This is similar to what NCG did back in March and April that did not come out well. So I wanted to see if the software can do better. I am aware 17 races are almost meaningless to evaluate software.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:15 PM   #79
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
You've clearly made your point, Light. Is there something else you wish to say or are you ready to move on?
Please don't interrupt.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:20 PM   #80
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
If I can make 4% ROI at the end of the month I am happy. I combine that with my rebate money and I make about 10% of what I bet. The way I bet, that smokes and beer money.
I guarantee you wont make 4%. I test methods all the time and if you are only at 4% profit with only 77 races, you will be under in another couple of hundred races if not sooner. To feel any possibility of a positive ROI you would have to be substantially ahead in ROI at this point to handle the ROI killers in the long road ahead.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:24 PM   #81
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Well, he's got the balls to post 'em before the race is run.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:24 PM   #82
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Well, he's got the balls to post 'em before the race is run.
Of course.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:43 PM   #83
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Of course.
Are you still posting under the guise of "I'm considering buying his program?"

You've stated you have NO INTENTION of buying my program. You are the epitome of a troll with a vendetta. I notice you didn't mention my Pace
View picks for Saratoga--you were supposed to post your picks alongside mine.
To no one's surprise--you posted nothing.

I invented the program...Pete is showing a careful, diligent user can use it as a tool to profit . Sure I embellish a little, boast some--but that's how marketing works Can't you just let that go?
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 09:24 AM   #84
jk3521
Registered Loser

Wouldn't it be something if we could confront RPM about their #^#^#programs?

Greg is one of us, cut him some slack. He is not gouging anyone with the cost of the software. Try and find any RPM software price within $100 of that cost.

I think that he is showing us that handicappers might be delving too far into numbers when all the time the answers might be right in front of us. A $35 dollar program can do as well as a $1500 program day to day. I've said my piece.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 11:58 AM   #85
chrisl

JK. Perfect reply. I have some high dollar programs. I have found myself using Pace View more and more. My other programs are too high maintenance, and always, some feature is not working. I find the simplicity of Pace view to be what I am enjoying right now. My weekly betting budget is finally enjoying
a carry over for once.That high monthly data bill can now be put to my betting budget. Thanks Greg
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 12:39 PM   #86
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl
I find the simplicity of Pace view to be what I am enjoying right now. My weekly betting budget is finally enjoying

Yes...a simple program from a simple minded guy....

The best!!

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 02:33 PM   #87
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I guarantee you wont make 4%. I test methods all the time and if you are only at 4% profit with only 77 races, you will be under in another couple of hundred races if not sooner. To feel any possibility of a positive ROI you would have to be substantially ahead in ROI at this point to handle the ROI killers in the long road ahead.
I don't see how this has any basis in fact. The best plays stay consistent. They don't start high and drop down which is how I'm reading your post.

There is no guarantee that a 4% profit will drop down. It could even get better. Seventy-seven plays is a very small numbers so really anything could happen.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 04:59 PM   #88
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg

Pete is showing a careful, diligent user can use it as a tool to profit .
Actually, I'm not after a profit. I'm just doing a four-day test as an example of what the program may or may not be able to produce with a mix of higher-percentage plays (play #1) and possible price horses (play #2). Nothing will be proven by the four day workout; it's far too short. I can do 5,000 race samples from HTR, which highlight one factor and a few common-sense filters, that produce a healthy ROI. Use races from another time period, and the ROI goes 20 points the other way. The 80-100 plays that will probably be posted in this test prove noting conclusive, because price horses are highly volatile. A 100-race test was requested, and I have some free time to do it. Users can (and will) draw their own conclusions from the results.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 06:54 PM   #89
green80

Lad Report july 1-23

From my previous post I started tracking Pace-View's best bets at LaD, (since I'm there every day) from July 1. With no handicapping or thinking involved, I will just place a $2 win bet on every PV best Bet. I will report every week.

The results from 7/1 to 7/23 are as follows:

22 wins from 52 bets - 42% win percentage

$104 bet and $99.20 $2 win mutual return for about -5% ROI

All the heavy chalk horses have hurt lately. Still just a decent winner from the plus column.

Last edited by green80; 07-23-2016 at 07:00 PM.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2016, 06:56 PM   #90
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57
Yes...a simple program from a simple minded guy....

The best!!

Mike
Would you rather have a program designed by Einstein? He'd have you take wind velocity measurements-- grab a handful of soil and take a reading on the moisture content--call Cratos to ask about the inertia coefficient--enter all that data--THEN START STEP ONE.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply