Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 07-15-2016, 01:31 PM   #16
Light
Veteran

How is this "pace" software any superior to just using the Bris summary page on pace. For example yesterday 7/14 @ Belmont 6th I noticed the winner (before the race) had the best E1 and E2. In the "Early Pace last race" she was best by 6 points to her nearest rival and proceeded to wire the field winning by 5 paying $13. You don't need software for that. Takes a few seconds.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2016, 01:42 PM   #17
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

There are several options to use - just click and go for each one.
Old 07-15-2016, 03:30 PM   #18
Light
Veteran

There are also several options to use in the Bris summary page which is faster than clicking. I'm trying to figure out what the advantage is of using the software over the Bris summary page knowing Greg is really into the Bris pace numbers himself. Aren't they synonymous?
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2016, 05:10 PM   #19
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
There are also several options to use in the Bris summary page which is faster than clicking. I'm trying to figure out what the advantage is of using the software over the Bris summary page knowing Greg is really into the Bris pace numbers himself. Aren't they synonymous?
I understand what you are saying Light--no they're not "synonymous"--similar in some ways. If you'll notice the summary focuses on the last race--as do I. I tried to include what I liked about it, including Quirin-at-a-glance and last early and late pace leaders, as well as best of last two bris speed.

I doubt the folks that put out the Bris Summary get many e-mails like this one-- I get regularly concerning PACE VIEW:

Greg,

One of your top 2 power numbers won 6 of the 8 races last night @ PEN. Mighty good buddy. $17.80 winner in the 8th.

All the best,

Steve

Sent from my iPhone
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2016, 07:41 PM   #20
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
I understand what you are saying Light--no they're not "synonymous"--similar in some ways. If you'll notice the summary focuses on the last race--as do I. I tried to include what I liked about it, including Quirin-at-a-glance and last early and late pace leaders, as well as best of last two bris speed.

I doubt the folks that put out the Bris Summary get many e-mails like this one-- I get regularly concerning PACE VIEW:

Greg,

One of your top 2 power numbers won 6 of the 8 races last night @ PEN. Mighty good buddy. $17.80 winner in the 8th.

All the best,

Steve

Sent from my iPhone
when I get this paypal account fixed I'll buy tried today.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2016, 10:07 PM   #21
Capper Al

How's the documentation? I prefer to understand a product before buying it. I am not a fan of blindly picking power numbers.

Thanks

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2016, 11:01 PM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Very good website that goes into detail.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:42 PM   #23
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
How's the documentation? I prefer to understand a product before buying it. I am not a fan of blindly picking power numbers.

Thanks
I have a few friends on the forum who test the program and spot plays, mostly because they enjoy it. They aren't data base guys, one in fact is a senior who just likes to tinker with the ponies and spot plays. He came up with something that's excellent and may appear on our new program--Due out maybe in a few months. Oh I do have a data base guy now working on some things.

You've read the comments from handicappers such as Tom in the post above, Pandy, Pensacola Pete, Dr G and probably 10 customers...buy the program and document for yourself. You have my permission to post any thorough results you may find.

If you aren't satisfied after that--turn your results over to me--and I will buy you any RPM program of your choice----complete WITH their documentation.--NCG
Old 07-16-2016, 02:25 AM   #24
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
How is this "pace" software any superior to just using the Bris summary page on pace. For example yesterday 7/14 @ Belmont 6th I noticed the winner (before the race) had the best E1 and E2. In the "Early Pace last race" she was best by 6 points to her nearest rival and proceeded to wire the field winning by 5 paying $13. You don't need software for that. Takes a few seconds.

It produces three proprietary ratings that BRIS Summary does not: it's own Power rating, Early Power, and Late Power. They produce different rankings than BRIS's Early and Late ratings and Prime Power do. It's another way to look at the race.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2016, 06:08 AM   #25
Capper Al

Thanks.

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2016, 10:50 AM   #26
mikesal57
Veteran

Hey buddy...does SOPHIA come with the software?
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2016, 02:16 PM   #27
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
From my previous post I started tracking Pace-View's best bets at LaD, (since I'm there every day) from July 1. With no handicapping or thinking involved, I will just place a $2 win bet on every PV best Bet.

The results from 7/1 to 7/10 are as follows:
12 wins from 21 bets -57% win percentage

$42 bet and $59.40 $2 win mutual return for about a 42% ROI. I will continue and see how this plays out longer term if anyone is interested.

Not a great week this week. Totals from 7/1 to 7/17:

17 wins from 37 bets - 46% win percentage

$74 bet and $77.20 $2 win mutual return for about 4% ROI

Last edited by green80; 07-17-2016 at 02:21 PM.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2016, 04:03 PM   #28
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
From my previous post I started tracking Pace-View's best bets at LaD, (since I'm there every day) from July 1. With no handicapping or thinking involved, I will just place a $2 win bet on every PV best Bet.

The results from 7/1 to 7/10 are as follows:
12 wins from 21 bets -57% win percentage

$42 bet and $59.40 $2 win mutual return for about a 42% ROI. I will continue and see how this plays out longer term if anyone is interested.
Quote:
Not a great week this week. Totals from 7/1 to 7/17:

17 wins from 37 bets - 46% win percentage

$74 bet and $77.20 $2 win mutual return for about 4% ROI
Thanks, this does look interesting.

Didn't you do something similar regarding another software program's results over a year ago?

I forget the results.

How did that one turn out?

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 07-17-2016 at 04:04 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2016, 05:30 PM   #29
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
Thanks, this does look interesting.

Didn't you do something similar regarding another software program's results over a year ago?

I forget the results.

How did that one turn out?
I did, and the results were not worth following. I find when you get 100-200 races in at the same track, you get a pretty good idea. I use pace-view and have another program that I also track and both had a tough week last week. I will keep posting on the results from PV.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2016, 06:36 PM   #30
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57
Hey buddy...does SOPHIA come with the software?
This is as close as you or I are ever going to get to Sophia

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sofia_Vergara (5).jpg (60.6 KB, 193 views)