Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-18-2021, 01:11 PM   #31
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Well then, where did the 22,000 other troops come from?
Couldn’t say. I assume Trump ordered it. Who else could do that?
Old 01-18-2021, 04:42 PM   #32
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Couldn’t say. I assume Trump ordered it. Who else could do that?
The secret service is in charge of inaugural security, they ordered it.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2021, 06:12 PM   #33
Secretariat

Quote:
You tell me. National Guard isn't something POTUS can just dispatch at will unless he invokes the insurrection act, which he hasn't as far as I know.

States must request. Since DC isn't a state, the mayor makes that request I suppose? Not entirely sure.

And shouldn't you know all this already? You're the smart guy in the room, right?
Below is from Stripes.

"WASHINGTON — The Pentagon has authorized up to 25,000 service members to protect the nation’s capital ahead of the 59th presidential inauguration, the National Guard announced Friday.

National Guard troops are deploying from all 50 states, three territories, as well as Washington, D.C., according to a National Guard Bureau news release.

The announcement comes a day after Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy authorized up to 21,000 National Guard members to come to Washington to support federal agencies with security for the inauguration Wednesday."

So who gave McCarthy the go ahead?

"The Insurrection Act of 1807 is a United States federal law that empowers the President of the United States to deploy U.S. military and federalized National Guard troops within the United States in particular circumstances, such as to suppress civil disorder, insurrection, or rebellion.
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2021, 06:22 PM   #34
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
Interesting question. You mean NOBODY has written an article about Trump utilizing the insurrection act?

Come on...I might be dumb...but I ain't that dumb...
Old 01-18-2021, 06:23 PM   #35
Rex Phinney

Anyone who sees no issue with screening the troops on hand must have skipped history class.

Pretty much everything we are seeing has been written before (ie silencing anyone who questions or disagrees with you). Anyone with half a brain (and actually went to history class) knows how the story ends.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2021, 07:21 PM   #36
xtb

Quote:
Below is from Stripes.

"WASHINGTON — The Pentagon has authorized up to 25,000 service members to protect the nation’s capital ahead of the 59th presidential inauguration, the National Guard announced Friday.

National Guard troops are deploying from all 50 states, three territories, as well as Washington, D.C., according to a National Guard Bureau news release.

The announcement comes a day after Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy authorized up to 21,000 National Guard members to come to Washington to support federal agencies with security for the inauguration Wednesday."

"The Insurrection Act of 1807 is a United States federal law that empowers the President of the United States to deploy U.S. military and federalized National Guard troops within the United States in particular circumstances, such as to suppress civil disorder, insurrection, or rebellion.
Quote:
The Pentagon has already activated 10,000 Guard members for the next several weeks, and has authority to tap as many as 15,000. Officials said Monday that requests are coming in from the Secret Service, Park Police and Capitol Police for National Guard support, so the numbers are rapidly evolving.
https://nypost.com/2021/01/13/why-th...-capitol-riot/
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2021, 08:41 PM   #37
davew

Quote:
Isn't Trump the President? Wouldn't he be the one who approved this, or has he just checked out? Biden's not Prez until Wednesday after the oath. This isn't under Biden's watch. This is under Trumps.
Security for Capital is Nancy Pelosi (many say she refused help or more people a couple weeks ago)

Security for Washington DC is the Mayor Muriel Bowser

someone in military has to approve request as well

2000 of the National Guard have been deputized by US Marshals Service
https://justthenews.com/government/s...ws-aggregators
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2021, 08:46 PM   #38
chrisl

Wait until the made up media stories justifying this. Going to be entertaining. They will give all of the props to Joe. Thank god Joe is at the helm.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2021, 09:20 PM   #39
MargieRose

January 12, 2021

Trump Issues Emergency Declaration for Event: Inaugural Update

Quote:
Trump has approved an emergency declaration for the District of Columbia with the approach of President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration and in the wake of the assault on the U.S. Capitol last week.

Trump, according to a statement released by the White House on Monday night, authorizes the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency to “identify, mobilize, and provide at its discretion, equipment and resources necessary to alleviate the impacts of the emergency.”

Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser had asked Trump to declare a “pre-emergency disaster” and for the Homeland Security to establish a “security and federal force deployment plan.”
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2021, 11:10 PM   #40
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
You tell me. National Guard isn't something POTUS can just dispatch at will unless he invokes the insurrection act, which he hasn't as far as I know.
Rumor has it he has already signed it.

One thing I feel pretty confident in saying, whatever Trump is planning to do will be secret until his enemies have little/lesser time to react and counter it.

It would seem that all those troops are NOT there because of the inauguration. Maybe some type of attack is expected on the Capital, perhaps even a "dirty bomb"? It could be a very interesting next few days.
Track Collector is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2021, 11:24 PM   #41
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
Rumor has it he has already signed it.

One thing I feel pretty confident in saying, whatever Trump is planning to do will be secret until his enemies have little/lesser time to react and counter it.

It would seem that all those troops are NOT there because of the inauguration. Maybe some type of attack is expected on the Capital, perhaps even a "dirty bomb"? It could be a very interesting next few days.
I think it's just an over-reaction by the left. They want to keep the narrative alive that Trump supporters are going to storm the City and takeover the government.

I think they may be a little short on revolutionaries.

The FBI has been very vocal about locking up the people from last week.......so It can scare away those who would come to the inauguration.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:00 AM   #42
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I think it's just an over-reaction by the left. They want to keep the narrative alive that Trump supporters are going to storm the City and takeover the government.

I think they may be a little short on revolutionaries.

The FBI has been very vocal about locking up the people from last week.......so It can scare away those who would come to the inauguration.
100% dead-on accurate....as usual...
Old 01-19-2021, 10:30 AM   #43
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Talk about your major overreaction. 25,000 troops....holy ****ing shit.
not in my world...What part of the reporting did you miss?

I understood thousands of troops were going to be deployed.
I thought that was insufficient.
In addition to the boots on the ground i felt they also needed military vehicles, bomb sniffing dogs and helicopters. I now read they have it all but the helicopters. soon perhaps

Having served, i can appreciate "overwhelming force" to address a possible opposing force. it may even keep the opposition at bay. wouldn't that be grand.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2021, 10:32 AM   #44
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Can you believe this insanity?
jan 6 2021 was the insanity..

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2021, 10:40 AM   #45
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
not in my world...What part of the reporting did you miss?

I understood thousands of troops were going to be deployed.
I thought that was insufficient.
In addition to the boots on the ground i felt they also needed military vehicles, bomb sniffing dogs and helicopters. I now read they have it all but the helicopters. soon perhaps

Having served, i can appreciate "overwhelming force" to address a possible opposing force. it may even keep the opposition at bay. wouldn't that be grand.
You're an idiot though...so I'm not really going to pay much attention to anything you say here in off-topic.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: