Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-26-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
lamboguy

Red Mile purse money only

does anyone know what happened last night with all the purse money only horses at the Red Mile?
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
does anyone know what happened last night with all the purse money only horses at the Red Mile?
Just a guess, didn't want to pay out minus show pools?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2014, 05:46 PM   #3
lamboguy

i know it had something to do with lassix
Old 09-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
lamboguy

Santa Anita race 7

this type of race is really not my cup of tea. #4 CONTRIBUTOR was claimed last time out in Del Mar from a real good trainer, Tom Proctor. the horse won 2 races in Gulfstream and improved on the second win. he ran his last race on the synthetic and i think that turf is his preferred surface. this race looks easier than his last.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
bello
Veteran

lambo...these are my comments on our favorite harness board ( that is if you are the lambo I think you are)

Late scratches were based on a medication timing rule and because they had a two hour blackout, some horses ran amok of the timing. Problem I have, as you will see below, track management and the judges had to know that these horses would be barred from the wagering before the P4 sequence started but did not mention it due to their p4 guarantee and need to get handle...which they were far off of anyways. One of the reasons I am almost focused full time on the runners now.

"Based on last nights P4 fiasco announcing 4 horses in leg two would race for purse money only shows the track has become irrelevant. Some facts.

1. They had to know before the sequence started in race 6 that these horses needed to be barred from betting and elected to keep it quiet to gain handle
2. They guaranteed 10k in the pool and there was so much disinterest that they did not even make 5k
3. Where is the uproar about management criminal activity around the P4.....Maybe because the favorite won leg two it made the scratches irrelevent to the few players who played it. But what if the favorite would have lost. This was stealing bettors money
4. Virtually no comments here or on any other board proves one of two thing....Nobody was watching their opening Stakes card or Harness players just don't give a crap....In which case they get what they deserve.

Put another way...What if, across town at Keeneland a decision was made to make 1/2 the field, 4 horses eligible for purse money only in the second leg of the P4 after the sequence and betting already closed. Then they would make an announcement that if the favorite does not win leg 2 all you betters lose all that hard earned money you wagered on the purse only horses. TOO BAD!

You would see a horse racing scandal and boycott you have not seen in years.

THIS IS WHY HARNESS RACING IS DEAD....NOT A WORD ON ANY OF THE FORUMS.....NOBODY NOTICES OR GIVES A CRAP ANYMORE"
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #6
lamboguy

thanks for the explanation. they blasted NYRA for the trifecta takeout, yet NYRA always has tried to do the right thing as far as players go.

The Red Mile has the biggest simulcast business on this continent by being the only ones that have a live c-band feed so that they can have about 20 gate punchers rob bettors all over North America. so i guess that nothing that happens in Lexington is that surprising.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #7
Al Gobbi

Quote:
i know it had something to do with lassix
90+ minute delay prior to Race 2 as the lights went out at the track.
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #8
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello
lambo...these are my comments on our favorite harness board ( that is if you are the lambo I think you are)

Late scratches were based on a medication timing rule and because they had a two hour blackout, some horses ran amok of the timing. Problem I have, as you will see below, track management and the judges had to know that these horses would be barred from the wagering before the P4 sequence started but did not mention it due to their p4 guarantee and need to get handle...which they were far off of anyways. One of the reasons I am almost focused full time on the runners now.

"Based on last nights P4 fiasco announcing 4 horses in leg two would race for purse money only shows the track has become irrelevant. Some facts.

1. They had to know before the sequence started in race 6 that these horses needed to be barred from betting and elected to keep it quiet to gain handle
2. They guaranteed 10k in the pool and there was so much disinterest that they did not even make 5k
3. Where is the uproar about management criminal activity around the P4.....Maybe because the favorite won leg two it made the scratches irrelevent to the few players who played it. But what if the favorite would have lost. This was stealing bettors money
4. Virtually no comments here or on any other board proves one of two thing....Nobody was watching their opening Stakes card or Harness players just don't give a crap....In which case they get what they deserve.

Put another way...What if, across town at Keeneland a decision was made to make 1/2 the field, 4 horses eligible for purse money only in the second leg of the P4 after the sequence and betting already closed. Then they would make an announcement that if the favorite does not win leg 2 all you betters lose all that hard earned money you wagered on the purse only horses. TOO BAD!

You would see a horse racing scandal and boycott you have not seen in years.

THIS IS WHY HARNESS RACING IS DEAD....NOT A WORD ON ANY OF THE FORUMS.....NOBODY NOTICES OR GIVES A CRAP ANYMORE"
I think the possibility of their being about 38 people in attendance at the Red Mile may have something to do with the lack of "noise".
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #9
lamboguy

Quote:
this type of race is really not my cup of tea. #4 CONTRIBUTOR was claimed last time out in Del Mar from a real good trainer, Tom Proctor. the horse won 2 races in Gulfstream and improved on the second win. he ran his last race on the synthetic and i think that turf is his preferred surface. this race looks easier than his last.
horse got decapitated coming up the rail, might have won.