Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

Silent Scream DQ at Woodbine in Finale.

I don't know the Canada rules for DQs, but it appeared to me that the 3rd place finisher defeated the 4th place finisher by a substantial margin, didn't seem like this affected the finish.

is a "foul a foul" in Canada, anyone know?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2014, 10:57 PM   #2
kmac1470

I haven't seen the race or watched the replay yet so I won't offer judgement but.....

There are no rules for "Canada",

Ontario racing has its own rules as do Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. As in the US jurisdictions each province has its own racing commission with its own approved stewards. The application of the rules is left to the discretion of these individuals.
kmac1470 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
kmac1470

OK now I have watched the replay and agree with the DQ.

The 3 makes a fairly drastic left turn in upper stretch and causes the 4 to stumble and lose momentum. Once this happens it is pretty difficult for the stewards to guess whether or not the 4 would have run on. They have to err on the side of the fouled horse.

Therefore DQ.
kmac1470 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #4
jk3521
Registered Loser

SRU must have an app on his phone that notifies him of every DQ in horseracing !
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #5
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
SRU must have an app on his phone that notifies him of every DQ in horseracing !
There's a lot more DQs than should be in this game and they wonder why they're struggling.

Take 15% or 20% out of win and sometimes when you win, you lose. Make a sports bet at 5% and if you win, at fixed odds, you get paid. 100% of the time. They don't just decide that because Ndamukong Suh stepped on a guy's head in the 3rd quarter they're going to take the win away from the team.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:05 PM   #6
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
There's a lot more DQs than should be in this game and they wonder why they're struggling.

Take 15% or 20% out of win and sometimes when you win, you lose. Make a sports bet at 5% and if you win, at fixed odds, you get paid. 100% of the time. They don't just decide that because Ndamukong Suh stepped on a guy's head in the 3rd quarter they're going to take the win away from the team.
Yeah, a football game or point spread cover has never been decided by a bad call, ever....you really have no clue.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
Yeah, a football game or point spread cover has never been decided by a bad call, ever....you really have no clue.
That's not what im saying. I'm saying that when the game is actually over and the winner is determined, they don't say "oops, sorry, we're going to give the win to the other guys because of something that happened during the game"
Old 09-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #8
castaway01

Quote:
That's not what im saying. I'm saying that when the game is actually over and the winner is determined, they don't say "oops, sorry, we're going to give the win to the other guys because of something that happened during the game"
Yeah, a penalty flag has never come in after a play is over in any other sport. It's the only time you can call a penalty---you can't call them before they happen! Penalties occur in every sport and are part of the games. Learn to live with them or quit watching. And if you think no fan of any other sport is affected by the refs then I don't know what to tell you.

My other idea is for every post you make about a bad DQ, you don't post for a week afterwards. During that week you can mourn the unfairness of life, and everyone can get a rest from reading the same biased, ridiculous opinion 100 times.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:52 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, a penalty flag has never come in after a play is over in any other sport. It's the only time you can call a penalty---you can't call them before they happen! Penalties occur in every sport and are part of the games. Learn to live with them or quit watching. And if you think no fan of any other sport is affected by the refs then I don't know what to tell you.

My other idea is for every post you make about a bad DQ, you don't post for a week afterwards. During that week you can mourn the unfairness of life, and everyone can get a rest from reading the same biased, ridiculous opinion 100 times.
The difference between penalties in other sports and horse racing is that in sports, the penalties are yards, or 2 minute penalties or foul shots...in racing, the penalty is loss of win. No other sport has a foul that causes loss of win. Now, it might work out that a team loses because of a penalty, but the penalty isn't specifically a loss of win penalty like it is in horse racing.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Bet Greyhounds.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2014, 09:08 PM   #11
banacek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Bet Greyhounds.
or these..no DQs at Bedrock Park!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FlintstonesJOCKEYS.jpg (15.0 KB, 57 views)
Your little winning streak
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #12
castaway01

This is the whole episode, but the best advice is at 15:40

Fred and Barney at the Track
Old 09-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #13
banacek

Quote:
This is the whole episode, but the best advice is at 15:40

Fred and Barney at the Track

Or better at 19:15
But seriously Saber Tooth came over 3 paths and those knucklehead stewards missed it..and that photo finish...I still haven't seen a copy of the photo..and there is no way Saber Tooth's jockey made the weight!
Your little winning streak

Last edited by banacek; 09-27-2014 at 09:40 PM.
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #14
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Bet Greyhounds.
Just looking for consistent rulings.....a lot to ask, right?
Old 09-28-2014, 02:42 AM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Just looking for consistent rulings.....a lot to ask, right?
You can't get more consistent than greyhound racing.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply