Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 07-26-2016, 11:52 AM   #1
TheOracle

K P McLaughlin not messing around at Saratoga -- 6 of 8 winners so far!!!!

K P McLaughlin's horses have won 6 of their last 8 attempts so far at Saratoga

I don't know how long he can keep this up but he is certainly making his presence felt right out of the gate to start the Saratoga season!!!

T A Pletcher and C C Brown are ranked 1st and 2nd with McLaughlin a distant 3rd at Saratoga

However, if they ranked trainers based their returns on investment McLaughlin would be number 1 hands down so far at Saratoga as well he should be to start the season!!!

Even though it is only 8 starts I will be keeping an eye on Mr. McLaughli's entries for the rest of the Saratoga season!!!
TheOracle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #2
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOracle

Even though it is only 8 starts I will be keeping an eye on Mr. McLaughli's entries for the rest of the Saratoga season!!!
You and everybody else.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #3
castaway01

Quote:
K P McLaughlin's horses have won 6 of their last 8 attempts so far at Saratoga

T A Pletcher and C C Brown are ranked 1st and 2nd with McLaughlin a distant 3rd at Saratoga

However, if they ranked trainers based their returns on investment McLaughlin would be number 1 hands down so far at Saratoga as well he should be to start the season!!!

In what world is the guy with 6 wins ranked a distant third to trainers with 5 wins and 3 wins? And do you really not know these trainers' names? K P McLaughlin? C C Brown? You're a strange duck.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 01:11 PM   #4
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
In what world is the guy with 6 wins ranked a distant third to trainers with 5 wins and 3 wins? And do you really not know these trainers' names? K P McLaughlin? C C Brown? You're a strange duck.
Hey Cast

That's the way they are listed according to Equibase

What are you talking about?
Old 07-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #5
TheOracle

Quote:

Here's the link select the drop down for Saratoga for this season's meet
http://www.equibase.com/stats/View.c...trainer&rbt=TB

What's your problem
Old 07-26-2016, 01:18 PM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Hey Cast

That's the way they are listed according to Equibase

What are you talking about?
I think he is pretty amazed somebody that follows the sport wouldn't know their actual names. I'm sure you do know them, right?

Obviously you have them listed by earnings and not wins. That is the confusion on that part.

Last edited by cj; 07-26-2016 at 04:52 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #7
mistergee

Quote:
Here's the link select the drop down for Saratoga for this season's meet
http://www.equibase.com/stats/View.c...trainer&rbt=TB

What's your problem
that's because they are listed in order of purse $
mistergee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 02:55 PM   #8
letswastemoney

I really thought Watershed would lose. He looked like a one-turn miler on paper, and his last race was nothing special.

Makes races harder to handicap when a certain barn just lights up and you're forced to give their horses a second look.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #9
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Be nice castaway01 . Ever watch that Adam Sandler movie where he calls the guy who is making his list of who to kill next, says I'm sorry if I was rude to you in HS and the killer takes him off his list?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 06:15 PM   #10
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I have to say between post #2, Castaway's post and TheOracle's specialty, this thread made my pee in my pants!

Funny material!

EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2016, 08:28 PM   #11
BELMONT 6-6-09

I had him on both losers !!! LOL. Now that's hard to do!
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 12:53 PM   #12
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I think he is pretty amazed somebody that follows the sport wouldn't know their actual names. I'm sure you do know them, right?

Obviously you have them listed by earnings and not wins. That is the confusion on that part.
You're right CJ, I didn't understand how he can give us a list of trainer results based on their wins but then cite a ranking based on earnings. Then to not understand what I was even asking...I guess I find these sorts of lists an overly simplified, intelligence-free version of what I do in trainer handicapping and that is why they bother me. I'll let them go from now on because I realize the poster is harmless, if clueless.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 01:52 PM   #13
TheOracle

Quote:
You're right CJ, I didn't understand how he can give us a list of trainer results based on their wins but then cite a ranking based on earnings. Then to not understand what I was even asking...I guess I find these sorts of lists an overly simplified, intelligence-free version of what I do in trainer handicapping and that is why they bother me. I'll let them go from now on because I realize the poster is harmless, if clueless.
Hey Cast

Why don't you share the more complicated / intelligent version of whatever it is you do so that others of us on this forum can enjoy your pearls of wisdom regarding trainer handicapping?

I'm very interested to see exactly what it is that you do.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:30 PM   #14
Nitro

Quote:
Hey Cast

Why don't you share the more complicated / intelligent version of whatever it is you do so that others of us on this forum can enjoy your pearls of wisdom regarding trainer handicapping?

I'm very interested to see exactly what it is that you do.
Hi there Oracle! I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that. But listen don’t let this small stuff get to you.
These guys don’t know how to share information, but they sure know how to criticize and apparently miss the entire theme of your posts!
On the other hand, I’m sure there are many who appreciate the time and effort you put into researching and posting those results for future reference.

I’m not a person who generates these types of stats, but I’ve noticed that since Saratoga opened that one of the jockeys;
Ricardo Santana Jr. has brought in some big long shots.
I’m curious if you have any stats on some of the jockeys who have performed particularly well with the longer priced winners?
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 09:54 PM   #15
TheOracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
Hi there Oracle! I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that. But listen don’t let this small stuff get to you.
These guys don’t know how to share information, but they sure know how to criticize and apparently miss the entire theme of your posts!
On the other hand, I’m sure there are many who appreciate the time and effort you put into researching and posting those results for future reference.

I’m not a person who generates these types of stats, but I’ve noticed that since Saratoga opened that one of the jockeys;
Ricardo Santana Jr. has brought in some big long shots.
I’m curious if you have any stats on some of the jockeys who have performed particularly well with the longer priced winners?
Hey Nitro,

Thanks unfortunately I didn't start really keeping track of the Jockeys until last year but I do have data whenever they've hit the board.

You are spot on when it comes to Ricardo Santana Jr whenever he's hit the board he has come through with some nice prices at Saratoga especially this year and last year!!!

I'm also going to keep an eye on him with S M Asmussen as it seems these 2 have hooked up several times!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: