Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-24-2019, 02:12 PM   #91
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Bitchin about the author or the article.. typical of your kind.
If you can't disprove the message, attack the messenger.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:25 PM   #92
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
If you can't disprove the message, attack the messenger.
Gee, after the distinct anti-left bias here and chif Chumpy calling maintream news fake,. it is not much of stretch to disclose the real ant-scientific,. anti-liberal, and ant-democratic bias of one of the worst publications ever created.

Brietbart sucks for real

https://twitter.com/politi_god?lang=en

Old 02-24-2019, 02:28 PM   #93
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
You are not paying attention. "Global warming" is a political issue, not a scientific issue. It's been warmer, and it's been cooler. Rinse and repeat. Most politicians don't care about it and want it to go away.
I expected more from you.

Oh well.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:44 PM   #94
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I expected more from you.

Oh well.
I expected more from you....

There WILL Be global warming...and not damn thing we can do about....a little history lesson for ya...

Now...if you and THE libs would come clean about their TRUE intentions...wanting to tax THE shit outta of everybody....and DROP that....

Focus on the real problems....I'm all for a greener/cleaner planet...am a bit of a tree hugger myself....but I digress...

Progress would be made with incentives....ie...honey if you will....not with vinegar...tax's....it's all a matter of perception...change the message...and DROP the corruption....

I mean after all...the global warming ///climate change....it JUST LIKE Trump's...a message of fear...when one thinks about it...

Now I've gone and done it....pissed off both sides...

Again....like you said....science don't lie...but your message is incorrectly twisting the facts...and THE facts of the matter...the planet is going to HEAT UP again...no matter WHAT....
Old 02-25-2019, 03:53 AM   #95
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
I expected more from you....

There WILL Be global warming...and not damn thing we can do about....a little history lesson for ya...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldLBoErAhz4

Now...if you and THE libs would come clean about their TRUE intentions...wanting to tax THE shit outta of everybody....and DROP that....
Your video is well produced......But as usual does not tell the full story

https://skepticalscience.com/the-perplexing-PETM.html

..Comparable carbon emissions

This all happened because of a geologically-rapid release of 2,000 to 6,000 Gt of carbon to the atmosphere, compared to modern emissions that could to reach close to 2000GtC by the end of the century if business-as-usual emissions continue (but our emissions are at least 10 times faster than the PETM emissions). The initial cause of the PETM is still debated but there is increasing evidence to link it with gargantuan volcanic eruptions at that time in the North Atlantic (from Norway to Canada) accompanied by methane and CO2 liberated by the underground baking of organic-rich sediments by magma.

If confirmed, this would add the PETM to the list of strong warming events linked to the same class of mega-eruption known to geologists as “Large Igneous Provinces” or LIPs for short.

CO2 Currently Rising Faster Than The PETM Extinction Event
https://www.skepticalscience.com/co2...xtinction.html

The Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM) was a period of natural global warming that took place almost 56 million years ago. It came at a time when the atmospheric concentration of CO2 was already higher than today, and global temperatures also much warmer. The PETM warming was a roughly 200,000-year long event where global temperatures rose by a further 6–8°C, and is thought to have been caused by a massive injection of CO2 into the atmosphere.

No smoking gun

Hundreds of scientific papers have been published on the PETM, but because of the scarcity of paleo-data from this time, there has been no clear scientific agreement over what initiated this warming, or where all the CO2 came from.

A number of researchers have converged on methane clathrates in deep sea sediments as a possible culprit. Methane clathrates are molecules of methane frozen in a cage of water molecules, which are buried in sediments at the bottom of the ocean. If heated, or de-pressurized, they can quickly break down (oxidize) to CO2, either in the ocean or in the air. An attraction of methane hydrates as the source of CO2, is that methane is highly depleted of carbon-13, and therefore much less of it (than CO2) need be released to match the carbon isotopes shifts observed.
.................................................. .......................
A number of other sources have also been examined too, such as volcanic activity disrupting organic sediments, and methane from permafrost on Antarctica (when it was much warmer), but the case is very much still open.
Old 02-25-2019, 03:54 AM   #96
hcap

https://www.skepticalscience.com/co2...xtinction.html

Lessons from a previous global warming event......

The PETM took place at a point in Earth's development when the climate was very different than today. It's important to stress that none of the preceding discussion implies that direct and complete comparisons can be made between the Earth climate of today, and the Earth climate of 56 million years ago. Much has changed since then, such as the layout of the continents, and the development of major mountain chains such at the Himalayas and Andes, the growth of major ice sheets, major cooling of the deep ocean and the poles, slight warming of the Sun, and changing Earth-Sun orbital characteristics, all of which greatly alter global circulations and therefore climate.

But now that we humans have embarked on a global warming experiment, there are some useful lessons from the past:

The rapid pulse of PETM CO2 followed by rapid warming (figure 2e) indicates high climate sensitivity.

CO2 does indeed appear to have a long atmospheric lifetime.

Ocean acidification (of the deep sea at least) can occur even under conditions of CO2 release much slower than today.

Present acidification of the ocean is far greater than the PETM, and is probably unprecedented in the last 65 million years.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:02 AM   #97
hcap

Quote:

Focus on the real problems....I'm all for a greener/cleaner planet...am a bit of a tree hugger myself....but I digress...

Progress would be made with incentives....ie...honey if you will....not with vinegar...tax's....it's all a matter of perception...change the message...and DROP the corruption....

I mean after all...the global warming ///climate change....it JUST LIKE Trump's...a message of fear...when one thinks about it...

Now I've gone and done it....pissed off both sides...

Again....like you said....science don't lie...but your message is incorrectly twisting the facts...and THE facts of the matter...the planet is going to HEAT UP again...no matter WHAT....
Nice try Mr Sage but you left out all that is known. Both then and now while insulting the many professionals who have already taken into account the similarities and differences between the PETM and now
Old 02-25-2019, 07:23 AM   #98
sammy the sage

Quote:
Nice try Mr Sage but you left out all that is known. Both then and now while insulting the many professionals who have already taken into account the similarities and differences between the PETM and now
But I wrote THE truth....and you didn't address it...
Old 02-25-2019, 08:38 AM   #99
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
But I wrote THE truth....and you didn't address it...
What you did not address is the conclusion that at the present time:

a) there is an overwhelming correlation of the atmospheric increase in greenhouse gasses emitted by the byproducts of the mechanisms of the industrial revolution.

b)and there is an overwhelming correlation between those industrial greenhouse gases and the increase in global temperatures

The PETM is one of a few unknowns that may cast doubt on our proper understanding of the NATURAL cause of the increase in CO2 levels 60 million years in the past.

You might as well have babbled the idiotic question "how come there is global warming on many planets?"

We know CO2 increased global temperatures in the PETM and now. In the other paleoclimatic global warming events previously before the PETM evidence was meteors and volcanic activity. So far we know only of some volcanic activity leading up to the PETM.

Some unknowns do not throw out the entire theory.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:51 AM   #100
hcap

Mr Sage, do you honestly believe liberals and democrats have manipulated all the world's respected scientific agencies, journals and university's in order to pull a fast one and trick the US taxpayer?

"Q" and Pizzagate pales in comparison
Old 02-25-2019, 12:48 PM   #101
classhandicapper

Quote:
Mr Sage, do you honestly believe liberals and democrats have manipulated all the world's respected scientific agencies, journals and university's in order to pull a fast one and trick the US taxpayer?

"Q" and Pizzagate pales in comparison
Pizzagate has emails, instagram photgraphs, and law enforcement documents to support it.

If I could get a bet down with God and get the answer immediately, I'd bet 100k rigjt now I could identify a few pedophiles and traffickers that are getting away it with so far with a greater degree of accuracy than scientists can tell us what the climate will be like in 50-100 years.

I'm not even a skeptic and I'm more worried about the loons on the left than I am about the climate changing.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:51 PM   #102
delayjf

Quote:
I doubt that all the 97% of climate scientist conducted there own individual research. They are merely rubber stamping someone else's work. Too much money / funding is at stake to not "play ball". I, along with a lot of people, do not trust the data behind the graphs.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2019, 05:54 PM   #103
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
I doubt that all the 97% of climate scientist conducted there own individual research. They are merely rubber stamping someone else's work. Too much money / funding is at stake to not "play ball". I, along with a lot of people, do not trust the data behind the graphs.
Many of them are/were members of organizations that made the decision for them.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2019, 05:57 PM   #104
OntheRail

Quote:
Howver:
Nic Lewis’ academic background is mathematics, with a minor in physics, at Cambridge University (UK). His career has been outside academia. Two or three years ago, he returned to his original scientific and mathematical interests and, being interested in the controversy surrounding AGW, started to learn about climate science.
.................................................. ..........................
So so far, (although not a climatologist) he is one of the minority of professionals (<3%) versus the 97% of climatologists who agree humans absolutely are altering climate. Never said there were NO deniers with at least some sort of credentials. But you gents as usual are ignoring the vast majority to nitpick
Take a closer look here... https://www.nicholaslewis.org/

PEER Reviewed Articles dating back to 2013

But keep pushing Sisyphus you night make someday... but on that day it could be colder or hotter then today and no one can accurately predict which one it will be or why.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:28 PM   #105
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Pizzagate has emails, instagram photgraphs, and law enforcement documents to support it.

If I could get a bet down with God and get the answer immediately, I'd bet 100k rigjt now I could identify a few pedophiles and traffickers that are getting away it with so far with a greater degree of accuracy than scientists can tell us what the climate will be like in 50-100 years.

I'm not even a skeptic and I'm more worried about the loons on the left than I am about the climate changing.
C'mon, you and I have had this debate until I staring finding major flaws in your conspiracy theory about the DC police not supporting your absurd claim that FBI distributed secret memos to all metro police departments, the boss PA, shut down the thread.

Climate denial is the mother of all bonkers alt right conspiracy theories.
culminating in "Q"anon. At least until another crazier one comes out of the loony-tune Chumpy loving alt right nexus.