Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-13-2019, 04:36 PM   #811
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I have already dealt with this. The so-called "Pause" or hiaatus was an erroneous reading of the global temperature record.

Global warming hiatus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming_hiatus

A global warming hiatus,[1] also sometimes referred to as a global warming pause[2] or a global warming slowdown,[3] is a period of relatively little change in globally averaged surface temperatures.[4] In the current episode of global warming many such 15-year periods appear in the surface temperature record, along with robust evidence of the long-term warming trend.[1] Such a "hiatus" is shorter than the 30-year periods that climate is classically averaged over.[5]

With deliberately cherry picking appropriate time periods, here 1998-2012, a "pause" can be created, even when there is an ongoing warming trend.

Many climate deniers are constantly claiming the models the consensus climatologist use are non predictive. In this case of the hiatus the deniers and Hayward claimed their denier models predicted global warning had stopped.

The mainstream models were correct and remain correct
Okay, so we we're dealing with a 5 or even 6-speed stick global warming, and this doesn't include neutral and reverse.
Old 07-13-2019, 04:50 PM   #812
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
The very basis of sciences is the need to SUBSTANTIATE an idea by repeating the initial experiments to see if the outcome holds up to the original experimenter.

Amazing the ignorance today in this world
Yes, especially when there are people like yourself promoting and encouraging group think and cover that up with the "scientific consensus" euphemism.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:10 PM   #813
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Yes, especially when there are people like yourself promoting and encouraging group think and cover that up with the "scientific consensus" euphemism. :
Not even worth of a response.
Someone who believes is voodoo spiritualism of non existent entities
Old 07-13-2019, 07:14 PM   #814
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
If you say so, it must be true. Our country needs to aspire to the great example China is setting with production and utilization of solar panels. Does their government subsidize this with tax credits?
Got news for you. Even if China and India do zilch, we and euriope by reducing carbon emissions could delay runaway climate change. But theere are plenty of reasonable corporations and businesses who see a rapidly expanding market worldwide for controlling carbon

Old 07-13-2019, 07:18 PM   #815
hcap

Quote:
Okay, so we we're dealing with a 5 or even 6-speed stick global warming, and this doesn't include neutral and reverse.
No we are dealing with climate deniers like you who know zero about reading and interpreting graphs
Old 07-13-2019, 07:19 PM   #816
hcap

Quote:
Yes, especially when there are people like yourself promoting and encouraging group think and cover that up with the "scientific consensus" euphemism.
In your case it is group idiot think.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:28 PM   #817
boxcar

Quote:
In your case it is group idiot think.
But we realists aren't the ones who keep crying "scientific consensus, scientific consensus, scientific consensus" like moronic idiots!
Old 07-13-2019, 08:29 PM   #818
boxcar

Quote:
No we are dealing with climate deniers like you who know zero about reading and interpreting graphs
Take you living technicolor graphs and stuff them up your nose. It's all manufactured horse manure.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:31 PM   #819
boxcar

Quote:
Not even worth of a response.
Someone who believes is voodoo spiritualism of non existent entities
I thought you believed in ETs? Gave that up for the religion of Mother Earth worshipers, heh?
Old 07-13-2019, 11:10 PM   #820
davew

Quote:
Got news for you. Even if China and India do zilch, we and euriope by reducing carbon emissions could delay runaway climate change. But theere are plenty of reasonable corporations and businesses who see a rapidly expanding market worldwide for controlling carbon

I love this multi-color wheel. So what you are showing is even if we are not the biggest exporters of carbon dioxide today, we have been accumulating over last 150 years? So like reparations for our past sins, so we MUST or DIE?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2019, 11:31 PM   #821
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:

Shit. I give up. A circle/life boat donut graph from 2011 convinced me.

Where do I give up everything I own for the greater good of everybody else on the planet?
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2019, 02:18 AM   #822
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Shit. I give up. A circle/life boat donut graph from 2011 convinced me.

Where do I give up everything I own for the greater good of everybody else on the planet?
You must first give up your ignorance.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:21 AM   #823
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
I thought you believed in ETs? Gave that up for the religion of Mother Earth worshipers.
No...No religion whatsoever...personal philosophy yes based upon a mix of Buddhism and Tao thought

I believe in what is provable, from multilevel sources
Old 07-14-2019, 02:23 AM   #824
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
I never add on to my following of ANYTHING until I prove its worth to me myself and I ...No one else
Old 07-14-2019, 10:15 AM   #825
boxcar

Quote:
No...No religion whatsoever...personal philosophy yes based upon a mix of Buddhism and Tao thought

I believe in what is provable, from multilevel sources
Oh, but you do. You worship the creation rather than Creator.

And neither Big Bud or "Tao thought" will save you from your sins. You are the one who is going to have to ante up for all of those. And as Jesus essentially said, you will pay up to the very last cent.