Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-28-2017, 04:26 PM   #1
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Gulfstream sticking it to horseplayers again

cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2017, 05:25 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I guess people are numb to Gulfstream, nobody seems to care. Won't bother in the future.
Old 12-29-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
Denny
Veteran

I care CJ.
Check my last post on the Jockey thread, made just a few minutes ago before reading this!

The name I coined for them is GulfSCAM Park.

You should see some of the posts I've made over the years at HRI (HorseRaceInsider.com).
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2017, 05:35 PM   #4
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I guess people are numb to Gulfstream, nobody seems to care. Won't bother in the future.
I refuse to wager on that place after all your comments.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2017, 05:37 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

They are calling these race "about" 7.5f but the times given are not for an about distance. They are for exactly 7.5f. It is just a blatant lie to cover up the sham that the distance of these races really is.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:56 PM   #6
AstrosFan
math/science # cruncher

The rebuilt GP is a sham!
AstrosFan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 12:47 PM   #7
Andy Asaro

Let's Take Action

https://www.classaction.org/free-case-evaluation

If you've been harmed by a company's negligence or misconduct, you may have the right to sue for your losses. At ClassAction.org, we help people take action.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 01:09 PM   #8
jay68802

One problem here is the the track is not set to have 7.5f races. When the races are run at that exact distance the first turn is to close to the starting gate. The other problem is that the owners and trainers want the 7.5f races. So the track bows to them, and as a result, handicappers are left with the problem of how to deal with the resulting information.

I am a landlord, and I try very hard to keep my renters happy. Fix the plumbing, keep the grass mowed, snow removal are all things that I have learned that are not to be put off. As a result, I have very few openings and no trouble filling them when I do. I am as proud of this as CJ seems to be of the accuracy of his figures. He seems to care not only because of his reputation, but he understands that his customers use his product because of this.

Horse racing seems not to have these values. They view their customers as revenue, and that is it. Can tracks time races accurately? Yes, but would rather spend the money by increasing purses than investing money in ways to keep their customers. Could horse racing get rid of drugs? Yes, but instead spend their revenue in other ways. Customer satisfaction is part of this game that could be easily increased, and the best way to do this is obvious.

Stop the song and dance and show some integrity.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 01:24 PM   #9
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
One problem here is the the track is not set to have 7.5f races. When the races are run at that exact distance the first turn is to close to the starting gate. The other problem is that the owners and trainers want the 7.5f races. So the track bows to them, and as a result, handicappers are left with the problem of how to deal with the resulting information.

I am a landlord, and I try very hard to keep my renters happy. Fix the plumbing, keep the grass mowed, snow removal are all things that I have learned that are not to be put off. As a result, I have very few openings and no trouble filling them when I do. I am as proud of this as CJ seems to be of the accuracy of his figures. He seems to care not only because of his reputation, but he understands that his customers use his product because of this.

Horse racing seems not to have these values. They view their customers as revenue, and that is it. Can tracks time races accurately? Yes, but would rather spend the money by increasing purses than investing money in ways to keep their customers. Could horse racing get rid of drugs? Yes, but instead spend their revenue in other ways. Customer satisfaction is part of this game that could be easily increased, and the best way to do this is obvious.

Why not just standardize the run up and gice the exact distance then?
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 01:44 PM   #10
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post

Horsemen might want them for some unknown reason that makes no sense, but with the ridiculous run up they aren't really 7.5 furlong races anyway.

Gulfstream gets everything wrong. They can't time races, the make up a race and phony double the purse. The lie about run up and distance. They mistimed the Pegasus. The put the gate in the wrong place for a 5f turf stake. And yesterday, the creme de la creme, they released this ad a short time after a bunch of horses died in a fire. You can't make it up.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:46 PM   #11
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Why not just standardize the run up and gice the exact distance then?
The distance does not fit the track. To get the right distance when you move the rail out, the starting gate is still to close to the first turn. And the owners and trainers complain because the outside draws are at a disadvantage. Increasing the run up just adds to the problem. Just quit carding the bad distance and call it a flat mile, that is basically what it is anyway.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:54 PM   #12
jay68802

Quote:
Horsemen might want them for some unknown reason that makes no sense, but with the ridiculous run up they aren't really 7.5 furlong races anyway.

Gulfstream gets everything wrong. They can't time races, the make up a race and phony double the purse. The lie about run up and distance. They mistimed the Pegasus. The put the gate in the wrong place for a 5f turf stake. And yesterday, the creme de la creme, they released this ad a short time after a bunch of horses died in a fire. You can't make it up.

https://twitter.com/PegasusWorldCup/...59032676724736
Wow, I don't know what to say about the add. In their own little world I guess, no class.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:58 PM   #13
jay68802

I think Andy Beyer did a opinion column on this very subject, and gave some reasons why the horsemen wanted this distance. I try to find it.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:09 PM   #14
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:

https://twitter.com/PegasusWorldCup/...59032676724736
CJ, I certainly appreciate your personal war on American horse racing to be factual with timing, information, and all the includes wiht that, but the Pegasus ad I have to give a pass.

I have little doubt they have been working on that ad for well over 6 months, and yes, it looks horrible now.

Some breaks do need to be given.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 02:10 PM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
CJ, I certainly appreciate your personal war on American horse racing to be factual with timing, information, and all the includes wiht that, but the Pegasus ad I have to give a pass.

I have little doubt they have been working on that ad for well over 6 months, and yes, it looks horrible now.

Some breaks do need to be given.
You make a new ad, come on. It isn't that tough. Ads get pulled all the time as situations change. And six months? Come on, you could do that in a day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: