Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-09-2019, 04:32 AM   #31
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
What I thought was strange, was that basically if a TC was on the line, they were going to run him back in the Preakness?

Yet as of late, they said something like they didn't want to run Max back in two weeks without a TC on the line because they "wanted to do right by the horse."

So which is it? Don't run him back in 2 weeks out of consideration for the horse, but if a TC is on the line that consideration goes out the window?

Maybe I misunderstood their comment.

To me, if the horse is fit and well should determine if you run a horse back, not because there's a TC on the line.

I realize this is all a moot point since they seem to be boycotting the rest of the TC races, but I still thought this was strange.
Good points.

Personally, I would run Max back in the Preakness if he seemed like he was sturdy enough to handle it. If he wins the Preakness and then the Belmont he would be a legitimate TC winner in my opinion. He could demand a higher stud fee as a sire. I'd send my mares to him before I would to CH.

On the other hand if Max lost the Preakness, that could also negatively affect his stud fee. So there is not much downside if he doesn't run again. One thing that can never be taken away from him is that he crossed the finish line first in the KY Derby.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #32
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
Good points.

Personally, I would run Max back in the Preakness if he seemed like he was sturdy enough to handle it. If he wins the Preakness and then the Belmont he would be a legitimate TC winner in my opinion. He could demand a higher stud fee as a sire. I'd send my mares to him before I would to CH.

On the other hand if Max lost the Preakness, that could also negatively affect his stud fee. So there is not much downside if he doesn't run again. One thing that can never be taken away from him is that he crossed the finish line first in the KY Derby.
I instantly said this.

Give it a try. Sit out the Belmont if he doesn't win (he only has 7 classic points, no solid or professional). If you take the Preakness, the asterisk Triple Crown is there for you --- that would make racing another story and much more exciting with great vindication interests for bettors.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2019, 12:28 PM   #33
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post

On the other hand if Max lost the Preakness, that could also negatively affect his stud fee.

Only the initial fee, once the foals start coming and hit the track the fee is adjusted up or down as the market bears.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2019, 12:44 PM   #34
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
They don't have rack and pinion power steering?
They're still responsible for what they do. Saez kept saying "he's a baby, he's a baby". So he's green and was unable to run a straight path on a turn. That's on him. That's the chance one takes when one runs an inexperienced horse in this race. That's why the rules don't say anything about a jockey's intent. That's a matter for suspensions. They're only concerned with what a horse does.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2019, 12:56 PM   #35
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman179 View Post
I can only imagine how the regular guy who had a $250,000 mortgage riding on Maximum Security felt. OMG!

https://www.quickenloans.com/press-r...winner-250000/
Anybody who is depending on a horse race for a $250,000 mortgage is a fool.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2019, 01:57 PM   #36
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
Does this include the trainers?
Old 05-09-2019, 02:22 PM   #37
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
I instantly said this.

Give it a try. Sit out the Belmont if he doesn't win (he only has 7 classic points, no solid or professional). If you take the Preakness, the asterisk Triple Crown is there for you --- that would make racing another story and much more exciting with great vindication interests for bettors.
Yours is a better idea.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #38
Valuist

15 day unpaid vacation for Saez.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-13-2019, 05:09 PM   #39
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Let Round 2 of the outrage begin.....
Old 05-14-2019, 11:53 PM   #40
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
You make it sound like Luis Saez steered Maximum Security to veer out on the turn. He might have over corrected to get the horse back into the 2 lane. Sometimes horses just do stuff on their own.

By your logic Saez should also get a 30+ day suspension, are we going to see that?
15 days on a tiring horse that switched leads on the turn.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2019, 12:10 AM   #41
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Does this include the trainers?
Old 05-15-2019, 05:55 AM   #42
pam916

Thank you.
pam916 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2019, 06:01 PM   #43
Elliott Sidewater

And now the West's are suing to have the dq overturned. Good luck with that.
Let's keep escalating this to the point of absurdity. Next thing you know, Saez will get 30 days.
Elliott Sidewater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2019, 09:28 PM   #44
Scanman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott Sidewater View Post
And now the West's are suing to have the dq overturned. Good luck with that.
Let's keep escalating this to the point of absurdity. Next thing you know, Saez will get 30 days.
I took the time to read the complaint - pretty compelling stuff. It presents a case that shows that the CD stewards and KHRC did not properly apply the correct administrative procedures. Thereinlies the case for them to reverse the placings and reinstate MS as the winner.

At this point, I'm finding the whole affair to be somewhat entertaining. Perhaps, there is a future movie in this.
Scanman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2019, 09:47 PM   #45
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scanman View Post
I took the time to read the complaint - pretty compelling stuff. It presents a case that shows that the CD stewards and KHRC did not properly apply the correct administrative procedures. Thereinlies the case for them to reverse the placings and reinstate MS as the winner.

At this point, I'm finding the whole affair to be somewhat entertaining. Perhaps, there is a future movie in this.