Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-06-2023, 12:55 PM   #1
Teach

New Orleans vs. Patriots: "When The Saints..."

"Oh, when The Saints Go Marching In. Oh when the Saints Go Marching In. I Want To Be In That Number… " Speaking of numbers, the last I saw the Patriots (1-3) are one-point favorites at home against the visiting New Orleans Saints (2-2). The O/U currently stands at 39.

Yes, as we speak, just a little over 48 hours away from the opening kickoff, the New Orleans Saints direct from the French Quarter, Le Vieux Carré, are preparing to wend their way north to Foxborough, MA’s Gillette Stadium for their Sunday afternoon, 1 p.m. tilt with the Patriots. Your “Knight of Woeful Countenance" is of the belief that the Fleur-de-Lis’ will prevail.

As Romeo might have said to Juliet in their balcony scene: “Fair Saint, thy Patriots are no stop (let) to me,” or as Danny and the Juniors might have sung, “You can rock it, you can roll it, you can even start to..." 'troll it' at Gillette.

Yes, as you may have surmised, I am of the firm belief that the Saints’ will prevail. The the only thing they have to fear is that the Saints' players had too many servings of Jambalaya. That dish can, for some be a tad spicy. Or possibly that the Saint's made a pit-stop at Pat O'Brien's for a "Hurricane." Oh that light and dark rum; it can hit you like a "ton o' bricks." I can speak from personal experience.

In closing, I just don’t see the Patriots winning, not with the loss of two key defensive cogs, Matthew Judon and Christian Gonzalez. Not since the Battle of New Orleans in Jan, 1815 am I so sure of victory. At that battle, Andy Jackson, “Old Hickory, gave the Redcoats at comeuppance.

Finally, as the song lyrics go: "Oh, when the Saints go marching in, Oh, when the Saints go marching in, I want to be in that number..." Or should I say, more definitively, on the "right side" of that number. Bonne Chance!

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply