Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Pace Advantage Toga Party Part XII

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #121
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Al, tell everybody I said hi!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #122
Grits

I missed Ralph.. (and Lorie) ... so much laughter.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #123
stuball

Thumbs up A Great Day

Wish I could be there sounds like a great day...anybody that can post
from there give us updates pleeeeze...how is cj's informal class go
I just barely missed a nice pic 3 yesterday at toga..still made a few pennies
for the days work...HAGD to everyone....

Stubal l
Old 08-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #124
Trijack

Wish I was there. Attended the first 3 but none since
Old 08-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #125
LAP_520

Have a Great Time at "The SPA" Pace Advantage members. Tried, and tried to make connections to get up there this year.. which would of been my first time. But ah last .. no go.

Good Luck today at the races and enjoy the Day.

LAP

Last edited by LAP_520; 08-17-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #126
LAP_520

Thought I heard there was an accident after the finish of Race 1 today (8/17/2013) ...had to wait to make sure. Terrible, do not like to see these things happen....

///////////

just heard Rajiv Maragh okay, Jose Espinoza has broken nose, was Guyana Star put down ? Anything different please correct
Old 08-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #127
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
I missed Ralph.. (and Lorie) ... so much laughter.
Thank you.......attending a wedding........for our God Daughter this week.

Miss seeing you too........
Old 08-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #128
Shelby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP_520
Thought I heard there was an accident after the finish of Race 1 today (8/17/2013) ...had to wait to make sure. Terrible, do not like to see these things happen....

///////////

just heard Rajiv Maragh okay, Jose Espinoza has broken nose, was Guyana Star put down ? Anything different please correct

Guyana Star was fine according to Twitter, but also according to Twitter, Going to Toga had to be put down.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #129
Ted Craven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAP_520
Have a Great Time at "The SPA" Pace Advantage members. Tried, and tried to make connections to get up there this year.. which would of been my first time. But ah last .. no go.

Good Luck today at the races and enjoy the Day.

LAP
LAP, I brought the PaceAdvantage Tshirt for you! Is there anyone I can send it home with? I'm at the Tent again tomorrow.

Ted

Old 08-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #130
LAP_520

For Ted Craven...

THANK YOU Ted for thinking of me.

Yes, I believe there is a person that would be willing to do that....I will try to get in touch with her Saturday night after her shift.

Her name is "Kathy" Dobbin ... I worked with her for many years (when I was able to work)... Now , Kathy is working there at Saratoga Race Course as a teller ......last time I talked to her, she was in the "300" window line near the Lobster ..... and NY Lottery terminal....inside the Grandstand or Clubhouse.

I have sent her a text,,, so she would not be shocked. But she might not be able to go look for you... I do not know,,,

Blond Hair, Glasses, Slender to Medium build.

Thank You Very Much

Larry (LAP_520)
Old 08-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #131
LAP_520

For Ted Craven...

Please read the PM I sent to you via this site.

Thanks Ted..... and Best of Luck to everybody today

LAP
Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #132
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Another Alabama day come and gone. If memory serves, just one new arrival but an important one as PA joined us. Once again he provided a nice spread of wraps, tortellini salad and cookies. Of course I forgot he was doing it Saturday this year so I'd already gotten myself a trough of the Montreal Meat Poutine. Sliced meat, gravy and cheese curd over freshly cooked fries. That was probably about 5000 calories......

Speaking of track food I was very impressed the other day with Mo's Southwestern Grill. I got the nachos which are either chicken or beef, your choice, and all kinds of other goodness. I thought when I saw the $10 tag I'd be overpaying for chips and goo in a cardboard box, but this thing was massive. It felt heavy as I carried it back. They have burritos as well for the same price that could probably feed two.

Cj gave a little seminar yesterday as well and talked about the races if he saw something interesting. The 14-1 he gave out was plenty interesting and many cashed, though I managed to screw that up too....sigh. Not playing today and may take the rest of the meet off. At least I lost the first leg of my P3 at Arlington yesterday and didn't lose that one by DQ.

Couldn't do the racino again last night but sounds like those that went had fun. Hanging out with friends, old and new, is the best part of this meet for me. The last two weeks, Travers included, always seem to dull. Hope to see a those of you get back next year that couldn't make it this year. You were in our thoughts.

So to the question I'm always asked, dinner last night. We were going to try the new Merry Monk, a Belgian restaurant, but they were full up. We'll do that next week. So rule number one came into effect. When original choice is full, go to Karavalli. I'll say it again, people are really missing out not going to this place. Indian food is fantastic and they do it really well. Last night I tried the Chicken Makhanni, which is similar to the Tikki Masala, but the sauce is spiced to your selection and also has read pepper slices in it. Outstanding. Also had the samosas and garlic naan, which are required. The wife had a shish kebab that smelled incredible. I just can't recommend the p,ace enough as not only is the food great, but the price is very reasonable.

So here I sit doing laundry as the day begins. A little overcast but should burn off and be another perfect day. Hat giveaway today. It looks sharp. Black with the 150th logo on it. Only can stay for a race or two as it is back to work tomorrow. The real world beckons.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #133
highnote

Where is the pa table?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #134
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
Where is the pa table?
Festival Tent in the back yard. Back right corner
Old 08-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #135
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
Festival Tent in the back yard. Back right corner
Sitting at the airport wishing I was there.