Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #31
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quesmark
"the_fat_man" was an interesting character/poster who had some contrarian viewpoints on how a race is run...
He's been back on here under various names. Pretty easy to pick him out.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #32
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
Ding!!
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory
Yeah, that guy has got every disc.
Amazing the things we associate with certain posters. Whenever I think or have thought of Jaguar, the word disc comes to mind (did he spell it disc or disk? lol)
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #34
GameTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Amazing the things we associate with certain posters. Whenever I think or have thought of Jaguar, the word disc comes to mind (did he spell it disc or disk? lol)
"disc" I'm pretty sure, which made it even more annoying...
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #35
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory
"disc" I'm pretty sure, which made it even more annoying...
LOL GT. It was definitely "disc".

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #36
ElKabong

GR1- (Glen) Good handicapper, but told me from day 1 he was in it for a short period of time. Wanted to settle down and raise a family. He knew handicapping had severe pitfalls if taken as a serious undertaking. I think he got into cycling, met a good woman etc. Good guy, I wish him the best. Haven't conversed w/ him in years.

Karlskorner- Who knows, but I think he was a fraud. On this forum GR1 offered to fly to Miami, give Karl $100 bill just to meet him for ONE day of races at Calder & show Glen that he did what he said on a daily basis (make $400 quickly, then go home for the day). Karl went defensive, didn't post as much thereafter. No doubt he felt he was smoked out.

What Glen didn't tell Karl in the post, he had a business trip planned to Miami and was going to be there anyways. That w/ have been a helluva meet up
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-31-2013, 12:04 AM   #37
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
GR1- (Glen) Good handicapper, but told me from day 1 he was in it for a short period of time. Wanted to settle down and raise a family. He knew handicapping had severe pitfalls if taken as a serious undertaking. I think he got into cycling, met a good woman etc. Good guy, I wish him the best. Haven't conversed w/ him in years.

Karlskorner- Who knows, but I think he was a fraud. On this forum GR1 offered to fly to Miami, give Karl $100 bill just to meet him for ONE day of races at Calder & show Glen that he did what he said on a daily basis (make $400 quickly, then go home for the day). Karl went defensive, didn't post as much thereafter. No doubt he felt he was smoked out.

What Glen didn't tell Karl in the post, he had a business trip planned to Miami and was going to be there anyways. That w/ have been a helluva meet up
Glen last showed up on the HTR board at the end of 2009 for 1 post. Just stopped in to say hi.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #38
judd

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
how ?
Old 03-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #39
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

His attitude.

He's made the Whatever Happened to? lists on more than a couple of message boards.....
Old 03-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #40
Robert Fischer
clean money

think I remember seeing Tejas Kid winning a local handicapping tournament, to at least earn an invitation to the WS.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #41
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by judd
how ?
His attitude, as Tom said, plus all the times someone said, "Hey FatMan" to someone who posted the exact same way. Guess I spend too much time here, but it was pretty clear.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #42
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong

Karlskorner, well...I think he was pretty smart but it was always "You have to be at the track to win and I make $400 every day and leave before the fourth race" and "You're not a real gambler if you have a job". On the other hand, the man was in his 80s (and I respect him for being so sharp at that age) and I fear the most likely answer to what happened to him is the one you would expect at that age. I hope I'm wrong and he's still making $400 a day at Calder.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #43
BlueShoe

Was reading the GM Payback thread over on the off topic general forum and spotted four more absentees, three of them gone a very long time, one more recently, 46zilzal, ddog, prospector, and bigmack. Zilly and Doggy were far left, and often had great fun harpooning their nonsense. Think that Zilly got kicked off for something, Doggy just vanished. Prospector also just quit. Am quite sure that he and I were in the same room together at some time, since we patronized the same racebook in Laughlin, although we never met. Mack I think just said he was taking a break for awhile?
Old 04-05-2013, 12:27 AM   #44
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShoe
...Mack I think just said he was taking a break for awhile?
Romney ran him out. It was DaHoss90210's last stand. Rumor has it DaHoss voted Obama several million times in at least a half dozen states.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #45
Marshall Bennett

Zilly was indeed far left, but some of his post were very good. Sometimes you have to look beyond the politics with people and benefit from some of their other topics of interest.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply