Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #16
BillW
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtolovetvg
For something that should be fairly standard and easy to find, it seems ADW fees are something of a mystery. I always thought that only 3.5% went to the host track. Of that, half went to purses. I never seem to find the definitive answer. Saying that, I accept that I could be way off. But those figures could make sense if the ADW % is substantially lower than what HAW gets in state.
The 3.5% range is from the "Good ole days" . I understand that is pretty typical of track to track fees these days. Note that I said "understand". This is "word on the street", not definitive data. If I had a reliable source of the signal fee data I'd include it in the track ratings.

Last edited by BillW; 02-24-2013 at 11:06 AM.
BillW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
forced89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker
......but you have to think they have are seeing more revenue, at the very least, at their OTBs in the suburbs with people in IL being forced to bet at either the tracks or the OTBs now.
Makes sense to me. I used to hang out in a bar in Alton, IL which included an OTB operation. If someone was shut out on the Internet and lived reasonably close by, why not shut down their computer and drive to the OTB. It was a decent environment.
forced89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #18
vacationofwealth

This idiocy cost me about 3 million as I was already to play the rainbow 6 last week! Where is Blago when we need him.