Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-09-2021, 09:58 AM   #31
SkunkApe

Jimsonweed Bob again?

Forward to about 3:20

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1gqGvoVXeVWJB

Last edited by SkunkApe; 05-09-2021 at 09:59 AM.
SkunkApe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 10:01 AM   #32
burnsy
self medicated

Yup. I think his lawyer is heading to Kentucky now. My friend is a pretty good source . The story just came up. Baffert May be going too. It’s been all over the backstretch for a while before it broke.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rac...nce/488912/amp

Last edited by burnsy; 05-09-2021 at 10:04 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 11:09 AM   #33
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
That's what I was alluding to in that other thread about a crowded room.

Every public handicapper I saw either made him their top selection or made him a major contender. I thought for sure he was going to take more money than the early betting suggested. But I guess the combination of the Derby pool being gigantic and full of amateur money and Mattress Mack adding to the potential for overlays elsewhere was more than enough to keep the price higher.

I think this goes to show you how much this game misses all those former $2-$10 bettors that used to bet at OTB daily or that play lottery tickets and sports now instead. These big race days are the only ones that aren't dominated by sharks making the pools more efficient. So you have a better chance to find something you like.
I picked Medina 2nd, because the Santa Anita Derby was not only clearly the fastest race of the preps, but the only fast prep race. The winner Rock Your World came into the Derby as the only horse with a triple-digit Beyer. And I thought that Medina Spirit ran a good race in the SA Derby, a solid second. But although there were handicappers who liked Medina Spirit, several other people said that his Santa Anita Derby was "disappointing", including Baffert. I didn't understand that.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 11:53 AM   #34
depalma113

Nice to see I picked the Derby Winner and got screwed out of the Win, Tri and Super.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 12:03 PM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I could be totally wrong. But I’m hearing from a guy I trust . Hold your hats. There’s gonna be news about Medina Spirit and Bob Baffert shortly. Not good news either. Take it down if I’m wrong but my friend is usually right on when it comes to any information.
I was posting about the rumors last night in another thread...lol
Old 05-09-2021, 12:17 PM   #36
Dream_Police

Churchill has suspended Bob from training or entering horses here at Churchill until the 2nd sample comes back. Wonder if Bob knew what was coming after MS won the Derby, just seemed he was pretty quick with a response and conspiracy theories, almost like he had prepared in advance.
Dream_Police is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 12:24 PM   #37
Dream_Police

Although he deserved it Dutrow is paying the price,when will the bill come due for Bob? I have been a Baffert fan for a long time but now this is getting beyond ridiculous. He is either cheating or has some piss poor security around his barns where someone can just walk in and give "bad feed " to his horses or administer medication.
Dream_Police is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 12:30 PM   #38
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

This guy man, so frustrating. Getting rich while dragging the sport through the mud for the 86th time.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 12:35 PM   #39
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Police View Post
Although he deserved it Dutrow is paying the price,when will the bill come due for Bob? I have been a Baffert fan for a long time but now this is getting beyond ridiculous. He is either cheating or has some piss poor security around his barns where someone can just walk in and give "bad feed " to his horses or administer medication.
There is absolutely no way that anyone could contaminate his horses. Baffert's operation is too big and even though he's a cheat, he runs a tight ship.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:38 PM   #40
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
This guy man, so frustrating. Getting rich while dragging the sport through the mud for the 86th time.
If you stop to put it all in perspective, all those major stakes races and tens of millions of breeding rights...this guy may be right up there with Bernie Madoff. We're talking about many, many, millions of dollars stolen from horseplayers, owners, trainers, jockeys, breeders. Not to mention the honors stolen from the horses that finished 2nd.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:15 PM   #41
The Biscuit

Bottom Line my Tri Bet with Mandaloun will pay me Zero .... why do I bother betting on this corrupt sport ?

I don't believe Bob ...had no clue ...bs
The Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 01:35 PM   #42
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/kentu...fert-suspended

Ban this POS for lifetime.
Enough.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:52 PM   #43
olddaddy

Ban this cheat through out racing. Oh thats right there is no authority to do this. What a so called "sport" we love.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 01:55 PM   #44
GMB@BP

I stopped playing this game seriously about the time that Dutrow claimed a horse for 20k and not two weeks later had run the horse twice and now was in a stake race and won at 3/5.

I think the big difference is that now they are pushing the legal drugs right to the edge and sometimes they cross that line and get caught but if you do not push that edge I am not sure you can compete like you used to.

I bet the percentages of trainers pushing the boundary is greater than those that do not.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2021, 02:14 PM   #45
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
...I bet the percentages of trainers pushing the boundary is greater than those that do not.
I would be so bold as to suggest that trainers that don't "push the boundary" can't compete and go under.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply