Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:31 PM   #2746
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Yes, Clocker posted the rules in the Trump thread a few weeks ago. I was just saying Kaine's a much better candidate than Hill.
Thanks for the plug. Actually what I posted were the RNC rules, which say that the RNC can hold another convention or the committee itself (something like 150 people) can just pick the new nominee.

I am still trying to figure out the DNC rules. From the link below, it appears that if Hillary drops out, Bernie Sanders could be the candidate. Other sources I have seen say that the DNC can nominate anyone.

http://www.usasupreme.com/dnc-rules-it-is-still-possible-for-u-s-senator-bernie-sanders-to-be-our-next-president/#
Old 09-11-2016, 02:43 PM   #2747
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
This is incorrect IMO. Went out to go to the gym about the same time all this was going on and the humidity was oppressive. I was wearing shorts and was extremely uncomfortable. The temp wasn't bad but was soaked by the time I got there. It had to have been miserable with people all around, wearing business attire, and no air getting in. It cleared out after an hour or so, but it was nasty early on. So believe as you wish, but anyone could have felt ill in those conditions.
I live about 75 miles away (south of you), and the humidity feels much better today, at least to me. CH, who lives in NYC, echoed my comments. But let's say we're wrong. What happened to Hilary today was unusual/raised questions. If you check, you will see I've been very hesitant to buy into the "there's something wrong with Hillary" chorus. Your take on things may be correct, but I don't think it's a slamdunk. For the record, I don't support Hillary or Trump.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 02:46 PM   #2748
classhandicapper

Quote:
This is incorrect IMO. Went out to go to the gym about the same time all this was going on and the humidity was oppressive. I was wearing shorts and was extremely uncomfortable. The temp wasn't bad but was soaked by the time I got there. It had to have been miserable with people all around, wearing business attire, and no air getting in. It cleared out after an hour or so, but it was nasty early on. So believe as you wish, but anyone could have felt ill in those conditions.
I was out all morning and just dragged multiple laundry bags and my pool cue several blocks to my car. I didn't even break a sweat and it's way hotter now than it was this morning when I went out. There's no way a HEALTHY person should be wobbling and borderline passing out on a day like this, let alone this morning.

Earlier this week there were a couple of tough days, but no way a healthy person was going to have a problem on those days either unless they were out jogging and not hydrating.

If you are old, sick, just engaged in serious activity etc.. that's one thing, but you are not supposed to have issues like this just standing around watching a ceremony in weather like this morning.

There is ample cause for her symptoms, MANY doctors have said there could be ongoing problems, and there have been many reports of episodes just like this that were denied (but now they have a tape)

She has obvious health issues, most likely carried over from her severe concussion and clotting . The mainstream media is a bunch of lying sacks of crap.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-11-2016 at 02:56 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #2749
classhandicapper

Just for the record, it's 84 degrees with 35% humidity in NY right now at 3:00. I also know from personal experience working downtown for many years that it's usually cooler downtown because you are right off the water and there's typically a breeze. Even if we grant it was slightly more humid this morning with a lower temperature (and I don't know that), that's not oppressive heat or something that should cause a healthy person problems.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #2750
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/12/us...aign.html?_r=0
Old 09-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #2751
Greyfox

Quote:
So believe as you wish, but anyone could have felt ill in those conditions.
Do you know of any others, besides Hillary, in the 9-11 Memorial crowd who felt ill?
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 03:30 PM   #2752
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Just for the record, it's 84 degrees with 35% humidity in NY right now at 3:00. I also know from personal experience working downtown for many years that it's usually cooler downtown because you are right off the water and there's typically a breeze. Even if we grant it was slightly more humid this morning with a lower temperature (and I don't know that), that's not oppressive heat or something that should cause a healthy person problems.
To Al's point, it was more humid during the event (I believe Hillary arrived around 8:30 am), according to WeatherUnderground. Maybe she's always reacted poorly to humidity. I don't know, but her reaction certainly fans the flames of "there's something wrong with her."
Old 09-11-2016, 03:33 PM   #2753
Greyfox

Quote:
If overheated, why didn't she take that blue jacket off?
Most sensible women would.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #2754
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Do you know of any others, besides Hillary, in the 9-11 Memorial crowd who felt ill?
Reading my mind👍 This is the ultimate way to measure the conditions. Wolf Blitzer and Sanjay Gupta are shamelessly trying every excuse in the world to explain why Hillary went suddenly catatonic. Sycophantic bullshit.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #2755
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
If overheated, why didn't she take that blue jacket off?
Most sensible women would.
Peter King, 72, Chuck Schumer, 65, and Donald Trump, 70, all attended the event. None of the three left the event early b/c of the heat. Only HRC, 68, overheated. But as I said, maybe she's always reacted poorly to even modestly warm days. Who knows, but it doesn't help her cause.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #2756
woodtoo

Stroke? Is Chelsea's an appropriate stop for medical help.
Seems its do or die with Hillary.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 03:51 PM   #2757
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
Stroke? Is Chelsea's an appropriate stop for medical help.
Seems its do or die with Hillary.
I'm not sure where you're coming from, but I suspect the Clinton Camp would say, "if it were anything serious, we would have taken Hillary to a hospital, not to Chelsea's apartment."
Old 09-11-2016, 03:59 PM   #2758
classhandicapper

Quote:
To Al's point, it was more humid during the event (I believe Hillary arrived around 8:30 am), according to WeatherUnderground. Maybe she's always reacted poorly to humidity. I don't know, but her reaction certainly fans the flames of "there's something wrong with her."
I wasn't disputing Al's point that this could happen to anyone. I was just countering that it wasn't so oppressive that you'd expect healthy people to be struggling like his. It wasn't that bad today.

To me this is a total no brainer. I had this exact conversation at work on Friday with a co-worker. I told him I'm almost certain she's ill and made the case. Now I am more certain.

Like I said before, the symptoms reported and leaked (including multiple episodes just like this one) are consistent with the symptoms I had after brain surgery.

We are 100% certain she suffered from a severe concussion and had a blood clot in an area of the brain that could impact the balance nerve.

We are 100% certain that severe concussions can lead to long term neurological issues.

She's had a series of documented uncontrollable coughing fits (who knows what that's from).

A lot of doctors with expertise in this area have said there could be an ongoing issue.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's usually a duck.

I'm pissed off at the media. They were calling everyone that thought she was sick "right wing quacks and nut jobs" when to me it was almost obvious that something was not right based on my personal experience. Now we have this. I don't care if they love Hillary and hate Trump. But the media is supposed to tell us the facts and then we are supposed to decide. The mainstream media is not in the tank. It's in the cesspool.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-11-2016 at 04:02 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 04:05 PM   #2759
woodtoo

Quote:
I'm not sure where you're coming from, but I suspect the Clinton Camp would say, "if it were anything serious, we would have taken Hillary to a hospital, not to Chelsea's apartment."
We have to suspect because so much is hidden.
The way I see it is it could be a stroke or maybe the reason she was dehydrated is a case of a simple hangover, I know they can be pretty rough.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 04:08 PM   #2760
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Reports Hillary Clinton collapsed at 9-11 event. Carried into her van and whisked away.

Law enforcement source says her knees buckled and she lost a shoe before being lifted into a van
Lost a shoe?
Cinderella?

Did the van turn into a pumpkin?